James Tighe beat Jody Fleisch by countout

First Blood FWA Tag Team Title match:

The Family defeated Alex Shane and Ulf Herman

XPW European Title Match:

Jonny Storm beat Supercrazy

FWA All-England Title Match:

Zebra Kid beat Mark 5 Star Belton

Nikita beat Raj Ghosh

Anyone go to the show? It wasnt bad at all. An accident on the M25 meant that AmDrag almost didnt make it. It also meant that the show didnt start on time.

There wasnt a bad show on the card, with the Tag blood match, Crazy/Storm and Tighe/Fliesch standing out for me. The main event was good, but suffered from crowd burn out, and the show over running.

AmDrag also had to wear his mask, which got him some unneccesary heel heat.

The Fleisch/Storm feud was hyped well also. Storm comes down in a mask and holds flesich down outside to make him loose by count out. Fliesch comes to and goes mental in the ring when Jonny takes the mask off. Tighe holds Flesich back while Jonny walks off saying "What? What happened?".

When we finally get Storm/Fliesh (again :)), it should be outstanding.

The lack of heels was addressed as well, with two heel turns. Hade Vansen was relegated to security duty for the night, so half way through, he gets up and gets on the mic to air his disgust. After a failed attempt by security, he stroms off and leaves the building through the fan entrance.

Raj Ghosh joined the family after being persuaded by Greg Lambert that he was being overlooked by Alex Shane. Raj turned down the offer to join the family after his match, but did a run in during the tag match and cost the show swearers the match, to join with the family.

Anyone else attend the show? Any thoughts?

Guest Indikator

Hade Vansen as a heel is soooo cool, I love his stuff in the german wXw.

Poor Jonny, he was slightly injured and still managed to wrestle 2 great matches (I assume that his title defense was good - he is Jonny Storm, he can´t wrestle a bad match :headbang: )

Guest the 1inch punch

Fuck Fuck Shit Fuck i was meant to be going to that show

Fuck Fuck Shit Fuck i was meant to be going to that show

You should have made the effort. It would have been well worth it. The Broxbourne Civic Hall is such a quality venue. You can pay £10 cheap seat admission and still get a great view. Its also quite a small hall, so the atmosphere is really really good.

Jonny/Crazy was very good, especially considering Storms injury. I think Jonny plays the heel very well. And Crazy got a chorus of "Please come back" after the match. Ive heard a number of people say what a great guy he is, and how easy he is to get along with.

Guest the 1inch punch

I know i should have gone, but wer'e doin a stocktake in work (Drapery one weekend, Grocery the next) and as Senior staff, i cant get out of it.

Its nice to have you back Chunk, havent seen you in ages, and your sig is ...amazing

Guest Indikator

As corny as it might sound - please go to Germany. Why?

Here are the results from Germany’s wXw "Dead End III" at the Roxy Club in Essen, Germany.

Attendance: 160

The Cruiserweight Title tournament took place because champion Hade Vansen said that he wanted to have “serious competition”, so he had to defend his title in the first round and the winner of the tournament would be the wXw Cruiserweight champion.

wXw Cruiserweight Title Tournament - Round 1

"Lightning" Mike Quackenbush over Double C (~18:00) via submission

X-Dream over "Wonderkid" Jonny Storm (~11:00)

wXw Cruiserweight Title Tournament - Round 1 match and WXW Cruiserweight Title Match

"Phoenix" Jodie Fleisch over Champion Hade Vansen with the 720 DDT to ecome the new champion

WXW Hardcore Title Match - TLC 4 Way

Thumbtack Jack (Champion) over Tyrant, Luchadore Sitochi & G-Ses(~22:00) when Thumbtack Jack climbed the ladder to get his belt back

WXW Tag Team Title Match - 4 Way Dance Elimination

HATE & "Evil Rider" Martin Nolte over Mot van Kunder & Darksoul (~6:00), The New Beef Connection (Taurus & The Bull) (~15:00) & "Legendary" Thomas Blade & Chris Combat (Champions) (~18:00) to become the new champs

WXW Heavyweight Title #1 Contender Match

Ares over "Torture Device" Doug Williams (12:30) via DQ, when Ares’ tag team partner Double C came to the ring and threw a chair in the ring. Williams pinned Ares with a roll up, but referee Tassilo Jung thought Williams hit Ares with the chair and disqualified Williams

WXW Cruiserweight Title Tournament & wXw Cruiserweight Title Match - Three Way Dance Elimination

"Lightning" Mike Quackenbush over X-Dream (~13:00) & "Phoenix" Jody Fleisch (Champion) (~15:00) to become the new champion

After the main event (which was said to be a “MOTYC”) Quackenbush told the fans that he loved them and loved to perform in front these fans and it’s an honor to wrestle for wXw (at his first trip to Germany the fans chanted “please come back” and he did come back last night in a big way).

With Chris Hero as the wXw World Heavyweight Champion (Hero defended that belt last night at the IWA Mid South show) and now Mike Quackenbush as the Cruiserweight champion, the wXw has 2 of the greatest US indy wrestlers as champions.

That was quite an event, and it was better than Vendetta as some people posted on ukff . So pleeeease give that promotion a chance and you´ll find a promotion in which every € will be spend to get wrestlers to the show. Damn, I love to spam for a good reason "g"

Guest Last Warrior

My exclusive review of FWA Vendetta will be up on The Sun Online very soon, so any of you that missed the show can get all the details on what went on.

In brief, quite a good show - the steady show that they always put on after a big show (frontiers of honor). MOTN - Doug / Dragon. First blood match was actually very enjoyable and a vast, vast improvement from the last show - Travell gets better and better. ***** Flash = Zebra Kid's Whipping boy ;) .

I know i should have gone, but wer'e doin a stocktake in work (Drapery one weekend, Grocery the next) and as Senior staff, i cant get out of it.

Its nice to have you back Chunk, havent seen you in ages, and your sig is ...amazing

Thanks mate. With year one degree finals out of the way, Ive got a bit more time on my hands. When I wnet into full revision mode, I couldnt really find the time to visit the forum.

Indikator -> Looks like a good show. But I have enough trouble blaging a free ride to London, let alone Germany. How come the attendence was so low? Is it always like that?

First blood match was actually very enjoyable and a vast, vast improvement from the last show.

I dont think it was that bad last time either. It was kind of lost in amoungst the ROH related matches, but I thik it was one of the more memorable matches of the night.

- Travell gets better and better.

I agree there though. Ive heard hes quite a good talker as well. Shame about that inflateable lady stealing his Slocie though :)

Looking forward to the review.

Guest Indikator

The attendance is low because the last time we had anything like a full WWE television show was in 1997. We only got freaking recap-shows and I haven´t watched one of those shows in 5 years. Therefore most people don´t know anything about wrestling. It´s hard for indy-promotions to survive. But there were some fans from England at the show and they said that it was better than Vendetta, so there must be something about it.

The show will be available in DVD or VHS at Video Vegas

You just gotta love it when some FWA guy does an anti-German promo :lol:

Guest ulfistgut

I can't believe no-one has mentioned the debut (I think) of Chaos Theory 2003 : a Roll-Thru Tiger Suplex

Even more amazing looking than the original chaos theory and dashed painful to boot.

I can't believe no-one has mentioned the debut (I think) of Chaos Theory 2003 : a Roll-Thru Tiger Suplex

Even more amazing looking than the original chaos theory and dashed painful to boot.

Oh, yeah. That was Awesome.

You forgot to mention (for anyone not there) that Doug reversed straight out of the Cattle Mutilation, to hit the "Chaos Theory 03". Awesome awesome stuff.

Guest the 1inch punch

Doug is Awesome, full stop

Incidentially i was pushing him to the moon in my ewr game in the WWE until he got busted with drugs

Heres what The Sun had to say about the show.

from thesun.co.uk

Doug slays the Dragon

0,,2003300745,00.jpg

MATCH OF THE NIGHT ... Doug Williams v American Dragon

DESPITE problems on the M25 almost 500 fans made it to the Broxbourne Civic Hall for FWA Vendetta. They included our British wrestling correspondent IAIN LIDDLE. Here are his thoughts on the show:

The full run down – Theopening match in which Nikita overcame Raj Ghosh may have been uneventful, but business picked up with the next bout, which saw Mark '5 Star' Belton make his FWA main show debut.

His contest with Zebra Kid was a very stiff affair but a good introduction that left FWA fans wanting to see more of the talented youngster. The bout also saw the move of the night when Zebra Kid DDT'd Belton from the top rope.

The XPW European title was on the line next and provided exactly the type of match you would expect from two talents such as Jonny Storm and Super Crazy. Jonny must get extra credit for this one seeing as he had to work through a legitimate shoulder injury picked up a couple of weeks ago in Southampton.

The final contest before the interval saw the team of Alex Shane and Ulf Hermann take on The Family for the FWA tag team belts in a first blood match. This was a hard-hitting bout with various weapons being used right from the start. The Family eventually retained the belts after outside interference from their faction's newest member, Raj Ghosh.

Coming back from the interval, the FWA put on the two semi-finals in their No1 contender tournament.

In the first James Tighe bested Jody Fleisch after outside interference from Jonny Storm, and the second saw Flash Barker convincingly beat Jack Xavier. Flash and James will meet at the next FWA show for the right to challenge for Doug William's title.

Up next Mark Sloan teamed with the ever-popular Simmonz to take on the awesome rookie Birchall. The monster, accompanied by Dean Ayass, proceeded to destroy Sloan and the young butler to maintain his 100% record in the FWA.

The evening closed with a main event which can only be described as a technical wrestling dream. FWA champ Doug Williams made a triumphant return to the UK by beating top US indie star American Dragon - who was unusually wearing a mask - by two falls to one to retain his title.

Outside of the ring – As well as Raj Ghosh aligning himself with The Family, the night's other non-wrestling talking point was an outburst from Hade Vanson.

He claimed that it was an insult for a wrestler of his calibre to be acting as ring security. He went on to say that this would change and proceeded to attack a number of FWA officials before storming out of the arena.

What worked – Zebra Kid was his usual excellent self in his All England title match with the also impressive Mark Belton, and the first blood tag team match was also a very enjoyable contest.

The Hade Vanson angle was superbly executed and showcased previously unseen mic skills from the young star. If the FWA decide to really push this character turn then it may be the making of him.

Both matches in the No1 contender tournament were good with, in my opinion, the right man winning in each contest.

And The finish to the Jody Fleisch match where Jonny Storm emerged from the crowd wearing the mask of Jody's own alter ego Dakko Khan was an excellent idea and a really good way to add fire to their simmering feud.

But for me the match of the night was the main event. Doug and Dragon told a good story and, combined with innovative mat wrestling and a number of strong style manoeuvres, made this a very enjoyable contest.

What didn't work – The opening match was nothing special and it seemed its only purpose was to set up the post match angle. However when the following event involves yet another member of the roster joining the already crowded Family, it is hard to stay interested.

I was also frustrated that the end of the tag match was very similar to the finish of the last two shows and lead to fans being slightly annoyed at the repetitive nature of the double's division.

And my final complaint is one I was always bring up, and probably the easiest thing to fix – the show finished late again meaning those fans with travel arrangements had to miss the last two matches. Although to be fair this time the late finish was due to traffic.

Overall – Vendetta was a solid show from the FWA, and exactly the sort of event they needed to put on after the awesome Frontiers Of Honour.

What stood out for me was the emphasis on progressing feuds rather than solely in-ring action, which was very refreshing and a direction in which the FWA needs to continue.

I will award FWA Vendetta 7 out of 10.

Well, he was over in this country working for another promotion called All star.

The FWA made an agreement with All star to get Dragon to appear at Vendetta. He was billed as appearing "courtesy of all star". Due to the fact that he wears the mask in All star, I guess they made him wear the mask at FWA as part of the deal.

I'm not sure of the reason behind him wearing the mask for All Star. I can't believe that the addition of the mask would draw marks that well, and surely it would just annoy the few smart fans in attendence.

It might well be Dragons personal decision. Perhaps he wants to seperate his work in the UK from his work in the USA? Cant think why though?

I will say that AmDrag in that mask is far cooler than AmDrag without it. At least it hides his insurance-salesman style hair.

The mask looks sort of cool, but I would have prefered him not to wear it. He got some tremendous heel heat for it as well. Almost to the point where it was distracting from the match. So saying, it was one or two mindless fans, rather than the whole audience.

And Chunk: Nush? seriously? Gah!

Damn right! Nush to win! Come to think of it ... why are you reading this? You should be voting to keep her in the house!!! :D

Guest Mystery Eskimo

Nush is better than the fat chef that just got chucked out anyway!

I didn't dislike Gos, but he got boring towards the end.

Due to Sky interactive TV guide making a complete balls up on show times, I managed to miss the Gos interview show. I dont suppose anyone knows if its being repeated on channel four or E4 at all do they?

Or even, did anyone tape it?

Guest the 1inch punch

well, its on right now (7.10 , im missing futurama), and e4 will probably show it again tonight

Damn it, i missed it again. I checked the sky guide and it didnt have it listed at all. :angry: :angry:

WHat time is it on E4? Do they repeat in in the week as part of a "catch up" omnibus?

damn, no-one left in BB deserves to win. Oh well, I vote for that strange lady-boy to go out this week.

Lisa.

And i am now thorougly pissed off becuase ive missed the live task as well. Dam SKy and their piece of shit interactive tv guide. At £40 a month,you think they could the bloddy thing up to date.

Guest the 1inch punch
And i am now thorougly pissed off becuase ive missed the live task as well. Dam SKy and their piece of shit interactive tv guide. At £40 a month,you think they could the bloddy thing up to date.

You didnt miss much, the task was crap and deathly dull

I would like to say, however, that i am apologising on behalf of my country for Ray, because he's a fucking disgrace and an embarassment to us all

This, of course, coming from a countryman of Colin Farrell, who clearly wants to be

lol Ray isn't that bad, at least hes funny at times.

Due to Sky (aka The money grabbing, poor service offering, useless bastards) ive now missed the live task and the Gos eviction interview.

I dont suppose you happen to know if either of those shows are going to be repeated do you? And if so, when?

What with all this BB talk, is it owrht starting an official BB4 thread in the general folder?

Guest the 1inch punch
What with all this BB talk, is it owrht starting an official BB4 thread in the general folder?

There already was one, it didnt last long.

There already was one, it didnt last long.

lol. ok.