TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest razoredge450

50 reasons why Test > Benoit

Guest razoredge450

I came up with this list, see if you guys can come up with a 50 reasons why Big Show > Angle or Sean O'Haire > Eddie Guerrero or whatever you can think of. Each of you can add to the list. If you try, you can do it and you will see that your "gods" (Benoit, Angle, Guerrero) aren't completely or even mostly better than other wrestlers. Here is the 50 reasons why Test > Benoit list:

1. Test is in his prime, Benoit is past his prime.

2. Test is better looking than Benoit.

3. Test is taller than Benoit.

4. Test has had cool t-shirts (Guns don't kill people, I kill people.) Benoit has had lame t-shirts (Toothless Aggression).

5. Test has Stacy as his girlfriend, Benoit has Nancy Sullivan, Stacy of today is hotter than Nancy of today.

6. Test had Trish Stratus as his valet in the past, in the WWE, Benoit had only had Terri, who doesn't compare to Trish.

7. Test is not bald, Benoit is balding.

8. Test is not missing a tooth, Benoit is.

9. Test is a WWE homegrown talent, Benoit is not, so Test gets the benefit from WWE in this area.

10. Test has been improving lately, the past 6 months, except when Benoit faced Angle, Benoit has been very disappointing in his work.

11. Test has a fresh new look (new haircut and tights), Benoit has looked the same for years.

12. Test is doing well now with what he has to do on Raw, Benoit has been booked extremely erratically in WWE and when he gets pushed, nobody buys it because he was a jobber just shortly before.

13. Test's good friend in WWE is Shane McMahon. Benoit doesn't really have friends in the business, he is more of a loner, and this hurts him.

14. Test could beat Benoit in a street fight (Test was a bodyguard for a Motley Crue before he started to wrestle for WWE).

15. Test won an immunity battle royal at Survivor Series 2001, Benoit has never won one of these.

16. Test looks very smooth, Benoit doesn't and is kind of wrinkly.

17. Test is more muscular than Benoit.

18. Test character appeals more to WWE fans who are mostly in their 20s, Benoit's character is that he is a family man, and that doesn't appeal to the masses (see Ricky Steamboat).

19. Test was trained by one of the greatest wrestlers ever, Bret Hart. Benoit wasn't trained by a wrestler of this caliber.

20. Test has been in WWE longer than Benoit has.

21. Test hasn't stolen someone's wife from them, Benoit stole Kevin's Sullivan's wife instead of finding a girl the normal way.

22. Test hasn't gotten his career screwed by WWE by pissing off management, Benoit got his WCW career screwed by pissing off Kevin Sullivan.

23. Test looks like a cool guy, Benoit looks like someone's dad.

24. Test and Booker T won the WCW world tag titles from Undertaker and Kane. Benoit doesn't get to beat guys like HHH and Undertaker.

25. Test has gotten more heel heat lately than Benoit ever has in his whole career.

26. Test is less injury prone than Benoit.

27. Test's testicles were one of the highlights of Raw. When Angle's medals were near Benoit's testicles, and then Angle got the medals back, people thought it was gross that Angle was touching (and kissing) the medals.

28. Test is a very good video game player, Benoit doesn't like video games (boring).

29. Test's old music sounded very cool, Benoit's old music sounded very robotic.

30. Test is on Raw, Benoit is on Smackdown, more people watch Raw than Smackdown, so Test gets more exposure.

31. Test has more mass than Benoit.

32. Test has always worn cool looking outfits, Benoit has worn ugly looking light purple tights before.

33. Test was never in the failed promotion WCW, Benoit has been in this promotion before.

34. Test's body is in good condition, Benoit's body is broken down.

35. Test's arms are the same size, one of Benoit's arms is bigger than the other one.

36. Test will be in WWE for a long time, Benoit will likely retire in a few years.

37. Test immediately got into WWE, Benoit tried out for WWE in 1995 but didn't get a contract because he couldn't work WWE style.

38. Test has good hair, Benoit's hair is all greasy.

39. Test has had a good career in WWE so far, Benoit has had a very disappointing career in WWE.

40. Test's real name, Andrew is less generic than Benoit's name, Chris.

41. Test became involved in the major part of WWE storylines when he entered WWE, American fans who didn't follow Japan didn't really know about Benoit until 1996 when he was in the Kevin Sullivan and wife storyline.

42. Test has never gotten into a major car accident, Benoit has with Davey Boy Smith and other wrestlers in 1989, which could have been prevented.

43. Test is viewed as a better Kevin Nash, Benoit is viewed as a Dynamite Kid ripoff.

44. Test has been in a great feud in WWE against Shane McMahon in which they battled in the "love her or leave her" match at Summerslam 99, Benoit has been in no great feuds in WWE.

45. Test was given praise a lot by JR on WWE TV when Test was a face, and if he came back from an injury, JR would defintely would have made a big deal about it on TV, JR didn't mention on WWE TV that Benoit would be returning after being out a year from neck surgery.

46. Test is viewed by the Raw commentators as a tall stud or a good looking guy, at least when he was a face. WWE refers to Benoit as the "Rabid Wolverine" meaning that he looks like an animal.

47. Test has gotten more crowd reaction in his matches with Steiner than Benoit has in his matches with Eddie Guerrero in WWE.

48. Test matches up well with Steiner, Benoit OR Jericho in basically a 2 on 1 match, couldn't beat Steve Austin at KOTR 01.

49. Test is viewed by WWE as a sports entertainer, Benoit is viewed by WWE as a wrestler. WWE is sports entertainment.

50. Test, the sports entertainer, match with Eddie Guerrero at

Wrestlemania XVII was nearly as good as Benoit, "the greatest technical wrestler", match with Eddie Guerrero at Armaggeddon 2002, and Benoit had more time in his match to do things. If the Test-Guerrero match was longer, it would have likely been better than the Benoit-Guerrero match.

Guest Ghettoman

With a list like that I could give you a hundred reasons why Rikishi is better than Kobashi.

Guest CanadianChris

The only reason needed why Benoit is better than Test:

Test is Test; Benoit is Benoit.

Guest Mik at Cornell

Hell...that was at least well thought out. You're about to get crucified by the Benoit fan boys however...

Guest Repo Man jr

I didn't really agree until I read point 29, but then I was sold. I didn't realise before, but Test IS actually better!

Guest mickberna
43. Test is viewed as a better Kevin Nash, Benoit is viewed as a Dynamite Kid ripoff.

What's wrong with being a Dynamite Kid ripoff? God forbid someone want to emulate a good wrestler.

And not that it really matters, but he's not viewed as a Dynamite Kid ripoff. He's viewed as Chris Benoit.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Wow....talk about petty reasons.....that does nothing to prove that Test is better than Benoit.

I can give you one reason why Benoit is better than Test:

Count the number of good matches Benoit has had.

Count the number of good matches Test has had.

Benoit's is exponetially higher than Test's.

Oh and that point about Benoit not being trained by someone of that caliber. Benoit trained in the dungeon and the New Japan dojo. He was trained 10x better than Test.

Benoit > Test because Chris is TECHNICAL wrestler, Test is NOT.

And when was the last time Test had a good match? The only reason why Test is even getting over, getting pushed, or getting anywhere for that matter is because of his involvement with Stacy.

Comparing Benoit to Test, what an insult. :ph34r:

Guest razoredge450

I never said Test IS better than Benoit. I just said that the "gods" of this board (Benoit, Angle, Guerrero) aren't completely or even mostly better than other wrestlers. I wouldn't call these petty reasons, they are just 50 different reasons why Test is better than Benoit. Yes, Benoit is the better wrestler, and yes Benoit has had more good matches, but Benoit isn't perfect, and even a guy like Test is better than him in some, or in many ways.

Guest Brian

Test got trained in the dungeon, so at least he had something going for him. Point number one is flawed, because the difference between Test's prime and Benoit's prime is so large I can put an ocean liner through it. And who's to say Test has hit his prime, because if that's it, I feel sorry for the guy. Homegrown talent doesn't have much going for it aside from the amateur guys. Point 11, Test's work still pales to Benoit's. Point 13, how did Benoit become a loner? 14, I wouldn't put money on that. On 17, I'd ay Benoit has more muscle mass per weight and size. On 18, Test isn't appealing to any fans (see lack of heat). 20 is actually a handicap, considering Test hasn't made the strides to the main event like Benoit, and has had to be constantly re-outfitted. On 21, I'd make the argument that what he did do was normal.

Guest Anglesault
Test got trained in the dungeon, so at least he had something going for him.

something went horribly wrong

I don't know what the hell Test did back then to get heat backstage, but it must have been really bad as he didn't even get to have a match in his hometown on his birthday at WM 18. :ph34r:

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Why are half the points for test concerning his hair?

Guest Anglesault
I don't know what the hell Test did back then to get heat backstage, but it must have been really bad as he didn't even get to have a match in his hometown on his birthday at WM 18. :ph34r:

He coudn't get his ass over and he couldn't put on a good match

Guest Repo Man jr

Because his hair is really neat?

Guest nWoCHRISnWo

If it's a joke, it's not very funny at all. Like half the things on the list are just wrong or completely flawed anyway, should have stuck to more hair/teeth reasons.

Guest razoredge450

Only 3 are

half the things on the list are just wrong or completely flawed

Can you please mention them or some of them if you believe so?

Guest Anglesault
half the things on the list are just wrong or completely flawed

Can you please mention them or some of them if you believe so?

10. Test has been improving lately

Guest RavishingRickRudo

3 is 3 too many, doncha think?

Jericho and Benoit went over HHH and Austin.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Benoit also carried Big Show, Albert, Haas and Benjamin to *good* matches this year. I don't see how this can be viewed as "disappointing".

Guest HellSpawn

Guys... is just a funny list.

Some points:

RRR: Why are half the points for test concerning his hair?

Well, he already said it, he is compared to Kevin Nash.

And well, actually Test WAS NOT a Body guard for The Crue, thats just storyline.

Take it easy.

Guest ViciousFish
Has Test even had a world title shot in his career yet? :ph34r:

I'm pretty certain he had one at the beginning of the McMahon/Helmsley era

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Honestly, had he just put "Test is better looking than Benoit" 30 of his reasons would be gone.

Guest The Superstar

This is the greatest list in the history of lists. Ever. Seriously.

Guest BionicRedneck

Good try, but WRONG!

"10. Test has been improving lately, the past 6 months, except when Benoit faced Angle, Benoit has been very disappointing in his work." Test hasn't inproved.

"11. Test has a fresh new look (new haircut and tights), Benoit has looked the same for years." Test's new look consists of a haircut (he has wore tights before), Benoit has new tights.

"14. Test could beat Benoit in a street fight (Test was a bodyguard for a Motley Crue before he started to wrestle for WWE)." This is one classic post

"17. Test is more muscular than Benoit." I dunno

"18. Test character appeals more to WWE fans who are mostly in their 20s, Benoit's character is that he is a family man, and that doesn't appeal to the masses (see Ricky Steamboat)." Benoit is a family man?

"23. Test looks like a cool guy, Benoit looks like someone's dad." Test doesn't look cool

"24. Test and Booker T won the WCW world tag titles from Undertaker and Kane. Benoit doesn't get to beat guys like HHH and Undertaker." Benoit has been on a winning side against HHH

"25. Test has gotten more heel heat lately than Benoit ever has in his whole career." Nope.

"27. Test's testicles were one of the highlights of Raw. When Angle's medals were near Benoit's testicles, and then Angle got the medals back, people thought it was gross that Angle was touching (and kissing) the medals. " :huh:

"39. Test has had a good career in WWE so far, Benoit has had a very disappointing career in WWE." Test hasn't had a good career

"40. Test's real name, Andrew is less generic than Benoit's name, Chris." Genius! I love this guy!

"43. Test is viewed as a better Kevin Nash, Benoit is viewed as a Dynamite Kid ripoff." Benoit in prime=better than DK in prime........Nash in prime=better than Test in prime

#50 is just tripe, though.

Seriously, kudos to the guy for even attempting such a task. :headbang: