TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Anyone going to the Van's Warped Tour?

I was wondering if anyone here is going to the Warped Tour this year?

I have tickets to the show in Dallas on July 19th. I can't wait! Rancid and Dropkick Murphy's! *dances*

I suppose.....no Bad Religion though.....*grumble*

Wait did Goldfinger and Flogging Molly play last year?

If so then the line up really isn't improved.

Guest Youth N Asia

My brother's talking about taking me to the Pontiac, MI show for my birthday.

Wait did Goldfinger and Flogging Molly play last year?

If so then the line up really isn't improved.

If Goldfinger played they didn't come up to the Calgary show. Most of the good bands on the bill never come up to Calgary.

Guest La Parka Es Mi Papa

Talib Kweli and Glassjaw look good, but outside of that? UGH. One of the worst lineups for any tour ever.

Guest Scalded Dog

Warped Tour sucks. It's been pretty bad over the years due to the recent surge of Drive-Thru bands. The Hellfest though, now thats a show. Also Dillinger Four mmmm....

Man Rancid and Dropkick motherfucking Murphy's(my favorite punk band). I can't wait to see them.

Guest saturnmark4life

I'm sure not many feel the same way, but it brings a smile to my face that Mr. WK's still on the lineup. Oh, and I recommend Mad Caddies, a fine live band.

Guest notJames

GEEZ!! Every single one of those bands are playing???

Yes, but not all of them at the same venues. Depending on which city they tour through, you'll get a different lineup for the second and third stages. The Cali shows will most likely get the West Coast contingent of opening acts, while the Northeast will get their share of homegrown bands.

As for me, I stopped going after the second one in 1997. It just got too popular and crowded for me; too many sweaty ugly people rubbing their piercings against me as I walked through the crowded thoroughfares to get to the T-shirt booths and such. Plus no Descendents this year. Besides, I've seen most of the bands I've wanted to see already. No big whoop.

Guest converge241

in my hometown this year (Brockton)

i like gigs i can walk to..think ill check out glassjaw then bail :)

Guest EI Cubano

Man, everyone's all hating on the Drive-Thru bands now that a few of them have gone mainstream.

I'll be at the warped tour and I'm pumped for it. The lineup is just sick. AFI are AWESOME live. The All American Rejects are of course hated by everyone now that MTV plays them but their album is amazing in my opinion. It's got a totally original dance-punk sound and every single song on it is incredible. Audio Karate rule, The Ataris inspired half of the bands on the tour likely and even if the kids are turning their backs on them, I'll be crooning the words to "In this Diary" right along with them. Brand New are probably my favorite band in the entire world right now, Coheed and Cambria are creepy-core at it's finest, Dropkick Murphys and Rancid are worth the price of admission alone and Less than Jake and Pennywise are legends from where I sit. There is seriously only about three bands on the show who I'm not pumped to see and I'm especially pumped for Story of the Year and Matchbook Romance on the Volcom stage. All for the low, low price of $24.50, about twice as much as it would take to buy tickets to see any of these bands alone. Sounds like a bargain to me.

Guest Daddy X

Wow I didn't know Talib Kweli would be there. But I've already spent money for Lollapalooza and 311 tickets so I think I'll pass on the Warped Tour.

Guest Kibagami

Which shows will Kweli be at? I'm going to the Virginia Beach show.

K.

I'll be there, despite not liking the music from most of the bands there. I'll mostly be doing interviews/photography there, and the opportunity to do it for like 30 bands is to tempting to pass up.

Though it is going to be a tough 3 or 4 days.

8/7 - Ozzfest

8/8 - Warped Tour - Leave at 8:30 to get to get across the bridge to see Manson in Philly.

8/9 - Christina Aguilera/Justin Timberlake - Covering it.

8/10 - Possibly Bruce Springsteen

I'll be so burnt out after this.

Guest Zero_Cool

I'm going to be hitting the Dallas show on July 19, like D, but uh, I got this problem. The night before, Brand New and The Beautiful Mistake are in town. Now, can I go to that show, get home late, sleep for a few hours, and put in a full day and evening at Warped Tour, or am I just asking for trouble?

I'm pretty much going for Glassjaw, though. They own.