TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingpk

1000 articles

Guest Kingpk

Huh, with my 2000 Royal Rumble review, that makes 1000 articles at TSM. Quite a feat, I must say.

Congrats to everyone who has ever done ANYTHING for the site for pumping out all these quality pieces.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

I think you're right...

:::: hurries off to finish Rey Mysterio: 619 DVD review :::

Guest Retro Rob

Well, technically, I would imagine a few articles in the beginning were just test runs so to speak... but nevertheless....

I should write a Shades of Gray right now and claim the official 1000... or just write one because it's been too long.

Strange thing: I had a dream where I wrote a really good SOG, and it actually had real content in it (as opposed to content based on things that happened only in the realm of dreams) but sadly I remember nothing about it. I think tomorrow afternoon I'll just do a hodgepodge of random thoughts.. Bad Blood, Raw, SmackDown, Etc... maybe talk about movies I've seen, I don't know. Apparently it's not cool to have enjoyed Charlie's Angels 2 so I'll just keep shut about that.

Guest MrRant

I claim 1000~! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Edit: Don't forget to read the Weekend Shellacking. I even plug JHawk, Dames and Dr. Tom.

Guest evenflowDDT

Maybe I should write something...I think my current output is...let's be generous, and not counting my Velocity tenure, 15/1000, 3/200, 1.5% of all articles on the site? Shiet...no wonder I can't get a portfolio going :P

Guest DrTom

MUAHAHAHAHA~! I check in with well over 100 articles. Bow down before my dominating output.

Guest evenflowDDT
MUAHAHAHAHA~! I check in with well over 100 articles. Bow down before my dominating output.

Damn your work ethic and ability to quickly write columns without losing quality! Damn it to hell Tom!

::waits for the time when he can actually watch a new release and get a review in the same day::

Seriously, how do you do it? The closest I ever got was the 6 day rush from my last column, but even then because DeepDiscountDVD takes forever I didn't get the disc until a week after it had been released...do you just chain yourself to a computer or something?

Guest Kotzenjunge

I was wondering who #1000 would be. A few less done earlier on as test runs (as well as the OMG VOITSIS CONTROVERSYIEZ~), and my Spoonful of Raw would be #1000 tomorrow night.

And a little sidenote on that, no work tomorrow night, so it WILL be up before 12:30am probably.

Guest HartFan86

I'm sure you got my PM KingPK, but I enjoyed your review greatly on the Rumble and thanks for the thing at the top of it as well.

Guest DrTom
Seriously, how do you do it?

I just write quickly. Since all I do is pop culture stuff these days, I write the review while the movie (or CD) is fresh in my mind. I use IMDB to give me names and running times, and I go from there.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Hey, speaking of reviews, tom, did you by chance get my PM with that Type O cd review?

Guest goodhelmet

ok, check it out....

for a couple of weeks, while dames, areacode, mike and myself were setting this up, we were fucking around with the article manager and posting non-existent posts to test this out. some of the articles were just posted articles from the smarks, others were more inventive (test 123, test 123). well, we did this at least 32 times. the first article to actually appear on the site was this one...

http://thesmartmarks.com/artman/publish/ar...rticle_33.shtml

as you can see, this was the 33rd article, so you can subtract 32 articles from the #, -1 for paul votsis and i am sure there is a

-3 to 5 for articles that had errors and were erased and reposted, -1 for the great big book of shoot interview articles that brandon truitt has had in the AM for the last three months and you have a premature 1000. so sadly, this celebration is happening too soon.

once i get the guest section of the articles up and running (alina's THUNDER~!, a couple of articles from one timers, a post of the australian houseshow from vanilla midget, etc, you can look at the archives and see how many actual articles are on the site.

Guest Kingpk

But.....but.......I have the 1000th article!

*Pouts*

I'll hold my breath until my face turns blue and I black out. Then you'll have a pouting twenty year old unconscious on the floor. How would THAT look?

Guest goodhelmet

lets just say you have the 1000th post from the article manager! but to prevent you from leaping off a cliff, you can claim to have the 1000th article.