TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

"7th Inning" Fans should be shot

Guest Anglesault

We all know them. Maybe you yourself are one of these jackoffs.

The people that, after the seventh or so inning, if the game is "out of reach" decide to get up and leave so they can "beat the traffic"

Nothing in Baseball annoys me more than these non-fans.

Take tonight's Yankee-Met game.

The Yanks were leading 9-4 going into the eigth, and the imitation fans started piling out.

Well, A) The mets came back and almost won the game, and B) I wanted to fucking go to a Yankee/Met game this year, and I was denied so a fake fan could go there and NOT STAY THE WHOLE FUCKING TIME?

These people whould be denied access to Stadiums.

Guest MaxPower27

Indeed.

The only time that I have EVER left a game early was at a Pawtucket Red Sox game, because my cousin wanted to leave early (we left in the 8th)

I stay at the stadium until the last out. I'm paying HOW MUCH for a ticket now?

Guest Choken One

Have I left early? Yes.

But I intend to stay the whole time...

Sometimes you just have to leave because of circumstances or ya get forced...

Being a Red Guy...You learn that...You might as well not show up until the 7th inning because that's when the game really starts for cincy...

Guest HellSpawn

Agreed.

Just one question...

I hear today Mets-Yanks had 2 games, maybe they were leaving to cath the other game early.

But, yeah, you are right.

Guest Choken One

yea but at a 3 hour difference? Yank Stad and Shea aren't that far apart...

Guest treble charged

My dad's one of these guys, but only for baseball. Far as I can remember, every hockey game I've been to with him, we stuck the whole game out (helps that most games either go into OT or are tied late), but the last 2 baseball games that I can remember going to with him, we've left early both times. I try and talk him out of it, but, he's got the car and if I don't have much of a say in the matter. Hopefully, I'll be going to a Expos/Braves game in a month or so and I'll see if I can convince him to stay the whole game.

Guest redbaron51

I do it too, and most of the time its from Football (because the Bills are getting shlacked, and my uncle and my cousin are both bills fanatics).

I have left only one hockey game early (Buffalo vs New Jersey, back when Burke or Terrari was on the Devils).

Guest Vern Gagne

My dad made us leave games on family vacations. One of the Twins games I went to this year, we during the 7th. The game was a blow out, and alot of the crowd did the same thing.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

The only game/movie/etc. I have ever left early was back in 1990. My mom and I went to a Pirates game, and they were trailing by a score of 6-1 (or something like that) against the Dodgers. Not only that, but there were several rain delays, which was the real reason we left at the top of the ninth inning.

Well, when we got to the car we heard on the radio that the Pirates tightned the score, and when we were in a fast-food drive-thru we heard the Bucs WIN the blasted game.

Grrr...

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Heres a better question:

Would you sit through a 5 hour, 17 inning, 1-1 ballgame, with no scoring after the 3rd until the 17th, and the game going well past 12 midnight? (Baltimore vs Philladelphia game scenario from Friday night)

If you would, then you my friend, are a hardcore baseball fan.

And if you must ask, I would. I have never left a ballgame early, no matter how bad the score. I always wait out rain delays until they either resume play or call the game. So I would have sat there, and I would have been pissed when Omar Daal gave up the 3 run homer in the 17th, but I would have stayed to see Matos hit the solo homer to make it close.

Guest Slingshot Suplex

I don't ever remember leaving a hockey game early but I know I've left baseball games early.

I took the bus to a Tigers game on a weekday afternoon ...checked out the new park ,stayed till about the 5th inning,got bored,checked the bus schedule,hung around till the next one was due to take me back north and left.

But we did sit out 2 lengthy rain delays and a doubleheader that ended at about 2 AM once...mostly because we were underneath the overhang at Tiger Stadium and not getting rained on.

Guest alkeiper
Agreed.

Just one question...

I hear today Mets-Yanks had 2 games, maybe they were leaving to cath the other game early.

But, yeah, you are right.

The game in question was the nightcap.

Guest Anglesault
The only game/movie/etc. I have ever left early was back in 1990. My mom and I went to a Pirates game, and they were trailing by a score of 6-1 (or something like that) against the Dodgers. Not only that, but there were several rain delays, which was the real reason we left at the top of the ninth inning.

Well, when we got to the car we heard on the radio that the Pirates tightned the score, and when we were in a fast-food drive-thru we heard the Bucs WIN the blasted game.

Grrr...

See what happens?

Heres a better question:

Would you sit through a 5 hour, 17 inning, 1-1 ballgame, with no scoring after the 3rd until the 17th, and the game going well past 12 midnight? (Baltimore vs Philladelphia game scenario from Friday night)

I see NO point in going to game if you're not gonna watch the whole thing.

Guest Choken One

But if the game goes well past Midnight...You can't judge how long the game will last and some people can't stay up all night and do have to work the morning...

WORK > then a ball game

Guest bob_barron

The last game I went to the Rays were beating the Yankees 11-2 after 6.5 innings. My dad wanted to go since it was getting depressing to watch.

If it was up to me I would never leave early

Guest Anglesault

Was that the Weaver game?

<------Fucking HATES Jeff Weaver, and has hated him since his first game as a Yankee

Guest MrRant

I left a M's game during a shellacking of the Royals once. It was also retro night.

Guest bob_barron
Was that the Weaver game?

<------Fucking HATES Jeff Weaver, and has hated him since his first game as a Yankee

Yes- it was. Now was I justified for leaving then?

Guest Anglesault

No.

If you would have run on to the field, bludgeoned Weaver with your stack of All Star Vote ballots and got dragged off with the cops, you would have been justified.

Guest alkeiper

Trade I'd like to see. Weaver to the Cardinals for Tino Martinez. You can have your clutch god back, and Weaver goes to work for a pitching coach with a good track record.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm like that, but with football. Both of the Packers' late season collapses (against the Falcons and Jets in `02, and against the Rams in `01) the Jets game and the Rams game both ended 42-17, but the defense played and held up so damn well against the Rams I was thinking maybe the offense could finally pull its fucking self together, stop the turnovers and beat them. Sadly this was not to be.

The Falcons game was the second most hurtful game I have ever gone through (the first being Super Bowl XXXII..Man that game was fucking good and to be on the losing end of that....terrible...).. The Falcons were, and still are, an inferior team, and to come in and do what no other team had ever done, that season, or ever in the postseason throughout all of Lambeau's over half a century history..And to win by such a pissy fucking score. It wasn't even a good game.

But dammit I sat through all of them until the final second. If my heart's going to be broken, I'd rather it'd be all the way and rubbed in my face than just a little bit, dammit.

I'm like that as well, but mostly when it comes to watching on TV, because I have never been to a pro sports event. (eg: NFL, NBA, NHL)

Even if my team is getting whooped badly, I'll still watch, until the end. Like January's 49ers/Bucs playoff game for example, the game was a blowout, but I still watched it from start to finish.

I always hear from others, how their team was getting whooped and they changed the channel. I always call them 'pussies', for it.

Guest Anglesault
Trade I'd like to see. Weaver to the Cardinals for Tino Martinez. You can have your clutch god back, and Weaver goes to work for a pitching coach with a good track record.

Can Tino walk at this point?

Guest redbaron51
I always hear from others, how their team was getting whooped and they changed the channel. I always call them 'pussies', for it.

Best is when St. Louis Blues against Toronto Maple Leafs, when the leafs choked a 5-0 lead, and I was at a bar that we called Leaf Haven.

Let it be, I was banned there for the rest of my life

Guest alkeiper
Can Tino walk at this point?

Does it matter? He'll just stand there. Girls will swoon, sportswriters will blush, and no home runs to Jeromy Burnitz will be issued.

Guest JHawk

I've only left a game once ever, and that was because the Indians were down 9-2 and, in my dad's words, "playing like shit". I'd have still stayed if he wasn't driving.

What annoys me more than the 7th inning fan is the fan that doesn't show up until the third but still leaves in the 7th. What the hell did you buy the ticket for?

Best is when St. Louis Blues against Toronto Maple Leafs, when the leafs choked a 5-0 lead, and I was at a bar that we called Leaf Haven.

Let it be, I was banned there for the rest of my life

When was this?

Guest treble charged

A few years ago, in a regular season game, the Leafs had a 5-0 lead relatively late (maybe it was even into the 3rd period, but I'm not 100% certain), when the Blues stormed back and scored 6 straight goals, winning the game in OT. I wasn't watching the game, since I live outside the 'Leafs viewing region', but I remember checking out the sports ticker on Headline News every so often and seeing the big lead the Leafs built up slowly (or quickly, I guess) dwindle away.

Guest NoCalMike

I don't go to enough ballgames(any sport) ENOUGH, to feel the need to leave early. However, for season-ticket holders I could understand for baseball/basketball. I mean with 81 home games, that is a lot of hours logged. For Football, only 8 games to sit through, I wouldn't move a muscle ever.