TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

"7th Inning" Fans should be shot

Guest Vern Gagne

People who participate in the Wave are worse. That's the cheer of the Devil.

I agree with AS 100% on 7th Inning fans...except for the murder part.

I was at the Garden for the infamous Knicks/Pacers game where Miller scored 8 points in like 5 seconds to win and made the "choke" sign to Spike (TV) Lee.

There was about 15 seconds on the clock and the Knicks were up by 6 or so and people started filing out. I refused to leave even though my aunt wanted to go. I bet that most of the people that left ended up kicking themselves in the asses once they realized that Miller came back at the very end.

Dames

Guest Some Guy

My friend is a "leave early" person and it bit us in the ass two years ago at a Pats game against SD. The Pats were losing and we left they made a drive and ties the game and then won in OT, we listened from the car in the massive trafic jam in the parking lot. We also left an Expos/SD game in Montreal, the Spos were killing them and I don't give a shit about either team. But if I'm at Fenway, I'm fucking staying. We sat through alll 9 on 7/4 last year in 100+ degree temp and watched the Sox beat the hell out of TO, we also sat through a game in June last year when it was raining and about 50 at night and watched the Sox spank Mike Hampton and Colorado around. Siting on the 3B line, being shit faced and heckling Todd Ziele for 5 innings was fun.

Guest Anglesault
People who participate in the Wave are worse. That's the cheer of the Devil.

Agreed.

I agree with AS 100% on 7th Inning fans...except for the murder part.

It's not murder if you don't get caught.

Guest kingkamala

I fucking hate when I sit near little kids, they're always fucking complaining and they are whining for the parents to leave before the fourth inning is over. If I ever decide to have kids, I'm never bringing them to a major sporting event until they're 9 or 10.

Guest treble charged

Heh, the first game I ever went to (Leafs/Devils in February of 1990) I whined to my dad that I wanted to leave early since it was 'too loud'.

Imagine that, the first and ONLY time that I ever went to Maple Leaf Gardens, and I couldn't leave fast enough.

Guest Ripper

I had a basketball game in highschool where we were down 35 in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Needless to say the ENTIRE place left except coaches, parents and the other teams that had to wait because thier respective coaches told them two. Coach emptied the bench and this skinny 10th grader...(ME!!!) and some other youngsters that never got to touch the court went on a 28-0 run before the damn 3rd quarter ended with this new kid that just moved to the school going ape shit and hitting 8 threes. We tied by the middle of the 4th and went on to 4 overtimes (we eventually lost after everyone kept fouling out and we had no big men left). GREATEST HS GAME EVA and those assholes missed it. I still remember the paper the next day talking about what they had missed. And I almost had a quadruple double and no one saw it... THAT"S WHAT THEY GET.

Guest undisputedjericho

I only get to about one or two games a year, and me and my dad are pretty much as hardcore as it gets (Though we have yet to sit in the bleachers, I am trying to convince him) and NEVER leave a game.

I have only left once, and it was because my friend's dad made us leave at 10:00, which was only the 7th inning. The guy is a hardass, but it was pretty generous from him, since him and his son (the friend) are Mets fans and he took two of his friends to a Yankee game. It was either the first or second game against Tampa Bay ever.

Guest Anglesault
(Though we have yet to sit in the bleachers, I am trying to convince him)

Been there 2x. And of all games to do it, Yanks-Mets and Yanks-BoSox. It's a must for any Yankee fan.