TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest EdwardKnoxII

TNA Torch news

Guest EdwardKnoxII

I got this week's torch off an delphi wrestling forum I'm on. I'm printing just the things that had to do with TNA if you want to read the rest go to the WWE forum.

TNA NEWZ:

- They hired former InDemand guy Frank Romano, as was predicted last week.

- The 30 minute interview with Sting and Mike Tenay will start running on next week's show. They're excited about it because it's one of the few real shoot interviews that Sting has done, and to make it extra shooty he didn't wear any make-up or anything. The latest word is that Sting signed a 4 show deal, and they'll use this interview and other pre-taped promos on the weeks that he's not there.

- TNA suits are more optimistic than ever about their chances of getting a TV deal. They're still hoping for a national cable spot, but they've approached a national syndication company.

- Raven and Jeff have buried the hatchet. People say Raven is getting more relaxed about creative issues and is worrying more about his own character than the overall direction of the shows. Wow, just like Konnan wanted!

- Russo's promo at the Anniversary show went too long and a catfight segment had to be cut short. There's a lot of heat on Russo for that promo. Nobody was happy with it and people think he went into business for himself.

- AJ Styles's wife has been attending the recent shows. She's a teacher and can travel with him during the summer.

- Jeff told the wrestlers at this past week's show that they're no longer allowed to swear or abuse women in the storylines. Rumors say that InDemand asked them to cut back on it, and the finger is naturally being pointed at Russo for those elements being in the show in the first place. Russo was said to be very quiet backstage at the show, to the point that someone described him as looking like "someone who lost power".

- Noted swearer and woman abuser Kid Kash lived his gimmick with a backstage rant on TNA dancer Lollipop. Apparently an argument started between Lollipop and Trinity, who is allegedly dating Kash, over a match they were supposed to have. They didn't wrestle because Trinity said she won't bump for a non-wrestler now that she's been wrestling men. Those two got into it until Kash jumped in and went off on Lollipop so bad that she cried.

- Sting and Sean Waltman wrestled at the TNA anniversary show. There was a slight delay between Waltman's introduction and when he came out, because he was hidden away from the wrestlers to protect the surprise and nobody gave him his cue to come out.

ON TOPIC WITH JASON POWELL:

He talks about TNA and marketing and all whatnots. He says if you watch the TV Guide channel you'd never see them mentioned, but that's not true. I've seen TNA ads before. Unless by "mentioned" he means Debbie and the Coach wannabe guy actually saying "TNA". I dunno if that happens or not.

WADE'S PPV STAR RATINGS (for NWA TNA):

D'Lo/Sandman/Kazarian vs. Harris/Young/Siaki - *1/4

Sabin/London - **3/4

Sanders/New Jack - ½*

Credible/Lynn - 3/4*

Saturn/Suzuki - ½*

Daniels/Skipper vs. AMW - **½

Sting/Jarrett vs. Styles/Syxx-pac - **3/4

Pat: 5.0. Bruce: 7.0. Jason: 5.0. Wade: 5.5.