TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dynamite Kido

It's just my opinion.....

Guest Dynamite Kido

Recently I have been thinking about doing a weekly column(not that anyone cares) on TSM's message boards, which I still might do. But I decided to do one this week because of some news I got this weekend, and because wrestling as of late has really been pissing me off.

The first thing that comes to mind is that apparently the WWE this weekend announced that they no longer need the services of Rowdy Roddy Piper. Now keep in mind that I don't think Piper has any business near a ring in a wrestling capacity. But I honestly think that he has a good mind for the business and he is still gold on the stick. Now because of some comments he said on an HBO special last week, he is fired? Now Vince should know by now that Piper isn't gonna bullshit people. That hasn't been his style EVER. Think of this too. I personally thought that it was strange that they even brought Piper in to begin with. But something here sounds a little fishy to me. Hogan power play you say? That's what it seems like to me my friends. They played that angle as Hogan has never pinned Piper, Piper also claimed this in his book and I am pretty sure that if Hogan has pinned Piper before, I don't know about it. So isn't funny that Piper's only PPV feud came against Mr. America (Hogan)? And just in case you forgot, Hogan pinned Piper in the match fairly easily too. Now I'm sorry, but Vince this shit really makes you look like scum in my eyes.

Goldberg is really starting to make problems for them as well. Did he spike the ratings? Not really. Is he good in ring? HELL NO. Does he bring valuable veteran experience or something that has not been brought to the table? NO. He shouldn't have been signed in the first place and now the WWE and all of us are stuck with his worthless ass. Get rid of the jackass before he REALLY becomes a problem. We already have one HHH, do we really need another?

I didn't really want my first column on here to be all negative though. I figure I would write a little about some things I do like in the WWE right now. I thought they did a great debut for te Ultimo Dragon on Smackdown last week and I can't wait to see him really get into the swing of things. Also I really like the US title tournament situation as well. I think they could do great things, provided that the right guy wins the tournment. Here are a few reasons why I think these people are good for the title, and some people that would be totally wrong:

Matt Hardy - Not yet. I like the mattitude gimmick. I also think that he would make a good US champion, just not yet. Hell, Matt would make an awesome champion if he is pushed and built up to win the title. Just don't have him win the tournament.

Billy Gunn - NO!!! This guy is going to be getting so much "X-pac heat" if they give him the title it might destroy his career. And really quick, if you hear cheers for Gunn, it's probably be because he is with Torrie "I can get pops for anybody" Wilson. I don't hate Billy Gunn completely, I just think that this is way too high up on the card for him.

Chris Benoit - Maybe. This title in my opinion is too little for Benoit. He should steadily make his way into the main event picture PPV after PPV. But I will definately say that if that isn't going to happen anytime soon, give him the strap. Otherwise, it's below where he should be.

John Cena - Yes. Do I think he is better in ring than any of the others above? With the exception of Gunn, no. But he is in the right place at the right time as far as I am concerned to be the US champion. He is one of the best on the stick and his skill will only get better as time goes on. He would be my personal pick for the title.

Spanky - Yes. Why you ask? Simply put, it would be a surprise. I think that if they could do something along the lines of the gimmick that Mikey Whipwreak used in ECW when he first showed up, of the guy that is afraid of everything but always seems to win gimmick would be a awesome way to get him over as the champion.

But then again this is the WWE and anything(or any crap) can happen!!!!!!

This is just my opinion.....I could be wrong

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I'm sorry, you lost me at the "Piper isn't gonna bullshit anyone" part.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Ok, I skimmed through a lil bit of it.

Cena shouldn't win the US title because he already won the last tournament having to deal with the WWE title. Shit like that annoys me. Anyways, a face should win the title. Spanky is an interesting idea, but he's a cruiser - he should stay with the cruiserweights. Billy Gunn is looking to be the best bet - then you could put him with Cena and Cena could win the title (thus turning Cena face in the process - who would boo a guy ragging on Billy Gunn? There is WAY too much stuff he could rap about there).

Guest nikowwf

Billy Gunn winning the title stamps it as a low level title and kills any interest there could possibly be in it right off the bat.

niko

Guest RavishingRickRudo

No, it "stamps" it as a mid-card level title, which it is. The WWE would be capitalizing on Gunn's return pops and the title would be put on an established wrestler. Of course, I would get that title off him by Summerslam and give it to Cena cause Gunn sucks, but he's the best possible candidate right now...as sad as that is.

Guest Choken One

Given that Scenario...

Jesus Christ...

Billy Gunn...IS THE BEST choice.

We've offically reach stage 3 of hell...

But Yeah...

Cena turning face ragging on Gunn is perfect...

Cena reminds me too much of Rock at this point...(not character wise or talent wise mind you)...

Guest TheGame2705

For someone who sucks and has no real charisma, Billy Gunn can get over easily as a face. He's done it before and now they've only guaranteed it by putting him with Torrie "Why do Lesbos hit on me?" Wilson

Guest Choken One

He is already out of the "Tournament"...And I'm banking Rhyno will get involved in the Main event somehow...one way or another...

Likely to be Lesnar's FOE while Angle runs with Benoit in the fall...

Guest nikowwf

Billy Gunn got booed when he came out at MSG and the got complete apathy when he was on offense, and Kanyon got cheered while he was on offense. So BILLY GUNN is not the best candidate due to his return pops, sorry.

niko

Guest Choken One

Depends...If you want to put the title on Cena at the big show (Summer Slam...not the wrestler)... Put it on someone everyone hates in the XPAC sense and not Matt Hardy or something...

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

All columns that are written for the board by members not associated with the main site goes in the Smark Crew forum.

Not trying to discourage you wanting to take a swing at writing, but please, keep it in the right folder.

Guest Dynamite Kido

sorry about the putting the article in the wrong place guys.....

I have always disliked Billy Gunn. I would much rather Matt Hardy or Benoit win the Tournament, but I don't even get SmackDown, so I won't see it anyway. Meh.

Guest The Old Me

Billy Gunn is not a good choice for the title. Jesus Christ.