TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edwin MacPhisto

SWF Smarkdown Card!

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

SWF Smarkdown for Monday, July 7th!

Live from the Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Missouri!

Due time: 6PM EST

Send to: Suicide King

THOTH SHOCKS THE WORLD

--He returns at 13th Hour. He defeats nine others to earn his shot. He gets revenge on Tom Flesher, and wraps his hands around the prize he's quested towards for so long. For the first time, Thoth holds the SWF World Heavyweight Title. We hope he'll join us tonight to share his thoughts on what this means for the Clan, for himself, for Tom Flesher...and anything else that's on his wicked mind.

HARDCORE GAMER'S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

CIA © vs. Va'aiga

--Va'aiga earned the shot at 13th Hour. We don't forget what you've earned around here...at least not for too long...and tonight he gets to cash it in against the somewhat surprising reigning champ, the Canadian Intelligence Agent.

Rules: Hardcore rules - no DQ or countout, pinfall or submission counts anywhere.

Word Limit: 4000

Marker: chirs3

#1 CONTENDERSHIP TO THE US TITLE

Crowe vs. Johnny Dangerous

--First Jay Dawg took Crowe's place in the 3-way, then decided he wasn't after the US title--only revenge. Next the tag match went to hell on Lockdown, as Johnny Dangerous quit mid-match, handing the victory to Justice and Rule. He's been in communique with the Suicide King...and whatever it means, it means that he's getting a chance at a US title shot. We like that kind of dickery around here. Crowe will also get another look at the contendership after having his consciousness so rudely interrupted before the opener on Lockdown...

Marker: Grand Slam

SINGLES MATCH

Wildchild vs. Ejiro Fasaki

--It’s a trip down memory lane as one of the JL’s most consistent rivalries gets a redux many months later. With Johnny’s strange betrayal on Lockdown, it doesn’t look like Wild and Dangerous will be challenging Justice & Rule for the tag titles anytime soon. Wildchild didn’t get a chance to win on Wednesday, and so tonight he goes one on one with old enemy Ejiro for a chance at some revenge.

Marker: Edwin MacPhisto

SINGLES MATCH

Jay Dawg vs. Nathaniel Kibagami

--Jay Dawg made an impact on Lockdown, subbing in for fellow stoner Crowe after the bird was attacked. Now he looks to keep the momentum going. On the other side, Kibagami has been off his game, suffering a string of losses most recently punctuated by the savage assaults of Janus and new World Champion Thoth. Can he get back on track?

Word Limit: 4500

Marker: chirs3

SINGLES MATCH

Dace Night vs. "The Judge" William Hearford

--Dace Night will always be hardcore, but for a while he's waving goodbye to his brutal roots. It's time to get back to basics and go after the man who cost him the Hardcore Title. Dace has his eyes on some Mag 7 blood, and we're all too eager to see what he can do against the seasoned veteran Hearford...

Marker: realitycheck

NON-TITLE SINGLES MATCH

Michael Craven vs. Longdogger Pete

-It looked like LDP was about to hang up his boots and Hawaiian shirts on Lockdown, but Stryke interrupted what could have been a beautiful farewell with a resounding chairshot. Later in the evening, Michael Craven took the US title back from Mak Francis, but laid out a challenge to Stryke and the ICTV belt after the match. Well, after tonight, the Aussie might not even have the strap, but both these men must want a shot at the wonder from down under. Let's see who wants it more...

Marker: Grand Slam

ICTV TITLE MATCH

Stryke © vs. Beezel

--Not too much to be said here: Beezel upended the monster Janus to earn his second ICTV title shot in the last month. Will he have better luck this time, or will Stryke keep rolling after an impressive return?

Word Limit: 5000

Marker: Edwin MacPhisto

MAIN EVENT

FOUR CORNERS MATCH

"TNT" Taylor Nicholas Thompson vs. The Boston Strangler vs. Frost vs. "Deathwish" Danny Williams

--Easily one of the most high-powered matches in recent history. This time last summer, all four of these men were riding high in the Magnificent 7, three of them rookies and one of them just recently back in the fray. 12 months have taken them in very different directions, but they have all recently returned to action with a punch. Danny has dominated the ICTV scene. Frost has regained his fire. TNT has vanquished a nemesis. The Strangler took Tom Flesher to the limit. Now TNT and Danny have confronted each other, with their sights on the World Title, and I don't doubt TBS and The Velvet Hammer would enjoy another shot at their first titles, too. They're not too different, these guys. They all want to be the best.

Every man has something to prove. Whoever wins tonight can say he's made the most of these last 12 months. Maybe he'll be the next man after Thoth, after Flesher. Maybe something else entirely. This is for all the glory, gentleman. Let's do this thing right.

Rules: Every man has a corner. Two men in the ring at a time, and any one can tag in or out to any of the men in the match. DQ is in effect and enforcement will result in your elimination from the match, which will then continue with the three remaining wrestlers sticking to the same tag-in tag-out rules. Count-out is not in effect due to the fact that I'm sure somebody's going to end up on the pavement, and the referee has better things to do. I’ll say right now though that this shouldn’t be abused: anyone who does the “TBS and Frost fight to the back and stay out of the action for half the match!” thing will probably be on the job train very quickly unless it’s pulled off really well. First pinfall or submission wins.

Word Limit: 7000

Marker: Suicide King

Edited by Edwin MacPhisto

Guest Crowe

I assume the markers will be posted tomorrow. :) But... but... WHAT'S JANUS GONNA DO!? He's finished already.

:D

Wait, he's not booked. Meh, he's still probably writing a match.

Edited by Crowe

Guest Beezel

This is curious, and mind you not a complaint. My match v. Janus had a limit of 5500 words, while the ICTV match itself is for 5k. Curious and curiouser.

Guest Dace59

Singles Match, finally, by first straight singles match.

Sweet card. Judge, you're going down.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

OHMAHGAWDIMMAGONNADIEE

EDIT: And I don't understand, is our match elimination, or first-fall wins?

Edited by 5_moves_of_doom

Umm... Johnny should been on the inactive from wrestling list for right now. I need to do so promo work without a match as I beeped up the tag thing that I wasn't expecting to take place until Smarkdown. Sorry all...

Not booked? Ooo.

Gives me some time to recharge the ol' creative batteries.

That, or teach Crow how to write solid wrestling. ;)

Guest Space_Cowboy

Nice, this should be fun. Even if it does mean my ICTV title reign will most likely be ending. Oh, and there definately will be a promo from me this time, i've got plenty to get off my chest.

Guest Crowe

Don't worry, Johnny. I have something planned for my segment, which does not involve you. :)

Let's see, I beat Frost on Lockdown, and tonight, he gets top main event while I'm not even booked on the damn show?! Why, Edwin, WHY???!!

Oh, right. I asked for the show off.

Carry on.

Guest Beezel

*raises hand*

However, I have not faced Frost, I believe the kids today call this a "Moot Point".

Those wacky children. Always with their "Sock Hops" and their "Bees Knees" mumbo jumbo.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Yeah! Who hasn't beaten Frost?

Even Ash has...

*The irony of giving Frost ice for that burn... heh heh heh*

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Ok, so it's first pinfall or submission, but a dq would be an elimination and the other three guys would continue on?

And for the record, lots of people have never beaten me. Like Z, Annie, Z, Wildchild, Z, Johnny Dangerous, Z, Janus, Z, Va'aiga, Z, Crow, Z, Edwin MacPhisto, Z, Chris Raynor, Z, World Champion Thoth, Z, Mayor McCheese, Z, Randy Turner, Z, Scott Reid, Z, Kojack, Z, Low Brass, Z, Silent, Z, ICTV Champion Stryke, Z, Dace Night, Z, Xero, Z, MVS, Z, all current JL'ers and Z.

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus
What are you talking about? We totally beat you! Or do tag matches not count?

Guest Edwin MacPhisto
Ok, so it's first pinfall or submission, but a dq would be an elimination and the other three guys would continue on?

Yes, Frost. I'll clarify that in the description, but you would be correct. It'd continue under the same only-2-men-in-the-ring rules. My guess is it would be pretty difficult to pull off such a thing well, but by all means you gentlemen will have the opportunity to go that direction if you choose.

And for the record, lots of people have never beaten me. Like Z, Annie, Z, Wildchild, Z, Johnny Dangerous, Z, Janus, Z, Va'aiga, Z, Crow, Z, Edwin MacPhisto, Z, Chris Raynor, Z, World Champion Thoth, Z, Mayor McCheese, Z, Randy Turner, Z, Scott Reid, Z, Kojack, Z, Low Brass, Z, Silent, Z, ICTV Champion Stryke, Z, Dace Night, Z, Xero, Z, MVS, Z, all current JL'ers and Z.

I cry foul. Even though you whooped Raynor and my collective ass for the belts, we did beat you and TNT once before. So there. Nyah! Someday I'm going to have to make a return and show all you consistent active hardworking writers how a lazy-ass armchair booker whoops up old-school style.

Q: Why did Z cross the road?

A: To lose to Frost!

Guest WrestlingDeacon

My bad, I should have said singles matches, because that's what I was thinking of. As you can see there are tons of people in that list I've never even faced in a singles match.

And technically, Z did beat me once, but it was a handicap match I wrote where I jobbed to King by getting hit with a suitcase full of Def Leppard albums.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Nah, Z didn't beat you there. You were merely done in by Pyromania.

POOOOOUR SOME JOOOOB ON Z!

And for the record, lots of people have never beaten me. --->Janus<----

Yeah, damn that word limit disqualification. J00 got lucky, punk! ;)

Sometime down the road, I want a rematch. (Y)

Guest WrestlingDeacon

As I keep saying Janus, ask and you shall recieve.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I wanted to let all know, particularly those involved in my match, that I will be no showing the match for Smarkdown. King does have a pm confirming this along with other matters. I've been staring at a blank page for about the past hour without a clue what to write or what I want to do with this match. It's just too much match for me to attempt to write at this point and I have no energy or iniative to write it. This weekend has been very busy for me, but more to the point, I'm not feeling the match. I've been trying to force myself to write, but then I realized that I shouldn't have to 'force' myself to write. This is a fun hobby for me (some get that, some don't), if I'm not feeling it I'm not going to torture myself in churning out 7000 words of pure crap. That's a disservice to me, the other men involved and Edwin who booked what he wanted to be a major and great match. My apologies to all.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Got his fire back my ass.

(This is where I'd insert a smiley, but like you say, I'm not Ash.)

No major deal, Frostinator. While it would be great to see your take on the match, if it ain't goin', it ain't goin'. You almost always show and put in a fine effort, so do not sweat it too much. Just don't complain when I put you in Stash the Ash parts 2, 3, and 4, with the special stipulation that Frost has to dress like a ballerina and speak Mandarin to even think of getting a pinfall.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
I wanted to let all know, particularly those involved in my match, that I will be no showing the match for Smarkdown. King does have a pm confirming this along with other matters. I've been staring at a blank page for about the past hour without a clue what to write or what I want to do with this match. It's just too much match for me to attempt to write at this point and I have no energy or iniative to write it. This weekend has been very busy for me, but more to the point, I'm not feeling the match. I've been trying to force myself to write, but then I realized that I shouldn't have to 'force' myself to write. This is a fun hobby for me (some get that, some don't), if I'm not feeling it I'm not going to torture myself in churning out 7000 words of pure crap. That's a disservice to me, the other men involved and Edwin who booked what he wanted to be a major and great match. My apologies to all.

I've had similar troubles in starting up my match (and Final Fantasy 7 is one HELL of a distraction) but I'm finally going to FORCE myself to start it tonight. If I'm still forcing myself to write by 3K, then I might just stop, but 3K today, 3K tomorrow, and 1K/editing on Monday should be very easy, so long as it's not too much of a chore. Ah well, even if I fail, I'll still turn something in, hopefully.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

This match is the fucking Antichrist. Seriously.

To be honest, at this point I'm only writing this match to not piss off King, because if I no-show, then Danno'll probably be the only one who shows up.

Still though, as Zed said...

reality55check: It's too big, too complicated and has too many hosses.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

No offense guys, but how on earth is it too complicated? It's a frickin' four-corners match. Shockingly basic stip that I put on so you wouldn't just have a fatal four-way, because I knew that at least Frost and Danny were not fans of multi-man simultaneous clusterfucks like triple threats and what-not. It's two guys in the ring at a time, and the wrestlers have to decide when they're willing to tag out and recuperate so they don't get pinned, at the possible risk of not getting the win if they're not in the ring at the time. We had four uppercard guys recently in pursuit of the title available, and considering what I know from all of you about where you plan to go in the near future, it seems to have opportunities for each of you to get on track.

If you can't write, you can't write. That's fine. But please don't tell me it's too big or complicated, because I think you're selling yourself short and wussing out of a great opportunity.