TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Fantasy baseball

how come lots of people signed up for both "smarks" leagues yet no one does shit.  That sucks, itwould be better for no league at all, then to just tip toe around the shit

--Rob

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Agreed.

I set my roster today...the lack of activity is aweful.

Guest The Man in Blak

It's probably too late, but are there any more slots available in the league?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

not in the one I made...

I don't know anything about the other one.

Guest Kingpk

Well, the season starts this week so I'm pretty sure things will pick up.  There are always 1 or 2 people who never do anything.

Perhaps everyone saw how fearsome my roster is and just forfited the title to me :)

Guest Vern Gagne

What is there to do. I set my roster a few weeks ago. I don't wanna trade because I wanna see how my team does to start the season. Like Kingpk said once the season starts things will pick up.

Guest DrTom

In any league, there's really no point in trading until after the first month or so.  Some players get off to slow starts while going thru the cold-weather blues, and it's May before you have something approaching an accurate picture of what your team will do.

I hate owner apathy in fantasy leagues.  Thankfully, none of the three baseball leagues I'm in look to suffer from that.

you know what also sucked, in both leagues it picked players for you, that was shitty.  I'm glad I stay in my keeper roto league and play for some money, so I know everyone stays active

--Rob

Guest DrTom

"I'm glad I stay in my keeper roto league and play for some money, so I know everyone stays active."

Ditto.  My money league is very competitive, actually, and owners who develop apathy realize they don't fit in and end up bowing out.  One of them did just that earlier this offseason, in fact.  

I'm in two online leagues run via Yahoo, and both we live drafts.  I saw my roommate's auto-drafted team, which was terribly imbalanced in numerous respects, and decided I wanted no parts of that.  Yahoo has a very good live drafting applet, actually, and doing a twelve-team draft with 30-man rosters only takes about an hour and a quarter.