TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BoboBrazil

BULLSHIT, NO SHOCKER AND NEGRO CASAS

Guest HartFan86

I think the blame goes on both.

TNA should of had this stuff worked out before hyping them. If they couldn't come to an agreement on these guys jobbing to certain TNA stars, then never announce it in the first place.

And the guys should obviously honor the contracts with TNA.

It's a 50-50 thing....TNA should be more prepared for situations like this and the mexicans should be more professional.

Guest Nanks

These guys are clearly flakes if they're gonna get all emotional and political about jobbing on a show they're not going to appear on regularly. But look at it this way, if they'd been all cautious and shit about announcing them for fear they wouldn't turn up at the last moment but they did end up coming you'd ALL, including bps, be calling it unacceptable they didn't announce them. TNA did the right thing here all round. If these guys are gonna be prima donnas about it then fuck them

Nanks also speaks the truth. If they would have waited till tomorrow and said "Ladies and gents. Tonight, we are going to bring to you some of the best stars from Mexico by the names of Shocker and Negro Casas. They will blow your socks off. Blah blah blah." then everyone would say "I want TNA to get big, but geez. How can you not announce those guys appearing and missing out on the Hispanic audience."

Guest ConspiracyVictim

Well the way I see it is that

A.) Shocker is one of the biggest stars in Mexico right now, and he could possibly take a booking that night in Mexico for a good payday so why would he want to come all the way to TNA just to job to a Kazarian or a London when he could be working for fans who actually wanted to see him and getting a good payday without all of the complications of moving across the border and working for a Nashville crowd that didnt care.

2.) Casas is pretty much a legend in Mexico. For him to come over to job to a London or a Kazarian and have that be his legacy in the US wouldnt be too great especially after Tenay put them over huge superstars on the last show.

I still think they should have been put in a singles match or they should have got younger guys to come who would have been better to do the job. Why not a Ricky Marvin, a Zumbido, Volador Jr, or a Tony Rivera even. Sure they arent BIG stars but they are good. Still...they dont job out the stars from Japan so why are these guys different?

Guest Joe_G

Here's exactly what Bob Barnett said over at pwbts.com

"Shocker and Negro Casas cancelled out of Wednesday's TNA 4 way match when they found out they were just being brought in to be jobbed out.

TNA has Leonard316 if they need stars to be jobbers.

Shocker outdraws everyone currently working in Nashville. The TNA gig wouldn't have done him one bit of good, as he's currently negotiating to do TV based out of New York."

Leonard316 is his nickname for Jeff Jarrett. Why, I cannot ascertain.

Guest Slapnuts00

Fuck em. They might be legends in Mexico, but they aren't here. Most people have never even heard of them (including I). As good as they are they need to understand they dont fit into TNA's plans.

Its toally not TNA's fault, they were given a commitment and were backed out of it. No one blamed WWE when Austin walked out. Maybe they'll be back another time.

I don't see the Kazarian hate either. The guy is a solid wrestler and fits in well with the X division.

Guest ConspiracyVictim
Fuck em. They might be legends in Mexico, but they aren't here. Most people have never even heard of them (including I). As good as they are they need to understand they dont fit into TNA's plans.

And they understand that, hence why they decided not to show up. Why would they show up when they could wrestle somewhere in their area, the same night, for probably the same pay and less problems when they dont fit into the plans of the place they are going. And for all those who were only ordering to see them just A.) Turn on Galavision or B.) Order a tape of their actual good matches which will probably be cheaper than TNA. Anyhow...its not that big of a deal, I still get to see them every week and TNA wouldnt have done anything with them anyhow (Maybe Shocker but why did they even try to bring Casas into the X division?)

Guest Nanks

If that's the attitude they're going to take ConspiracyVictim, then why decide to accept the offer in the first place. The point isn't that they should get over themselves and job in TNA, the point is that if they have a problem with that then say so from the beginning and don't screw TNA around

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That's very true....

and more to the point...

TNA would be wrong if they weren't making it very clear that they wouldn't be there.

The only way I could see blaming TNA when the workers screwed them over is if they let us go into tomorrow's show beleiving we'd see them.

Guest ConspiracyVictim
If that's the attitude they're going to take ConspiracyVictim, then why decide to accept the offer in the first place. The point isn't that they should get over themselves and job in TNA, the point is that if they have a problem with that then say so from the beginning and don't screw TNA around

Well, first the match was announced to be Shocker vs. Negro Casas. It was to be one on one, and Tenay was hyping it as if it were to be Lucha Libre coming to the states, not a furthering of another angle. Then they changed it to be a 4 way match which was most likely only going to further the Kazarian vs. Sabin feud. Nothing wrong with those two, but if TNA wanted to do that, there are plenty of Jobbers around the indies who would LOVE a chance to come in and be on TV in that match. That is not a match you need to stick in two guys like Casas or Shocker. They can do better than that...So im sure Tenay had something to do with them coming in, in the first place. And the match was first announced to be Shocker v. Casas...a one on one match where they could show their abilities and their Lucha matwork etc and where they could work at their best but TNA changed that....Thats why...

Im not taking sides here...just showing another side the story. I like TNA and I like Shocker and Casas and I understand both of thier sides but all the "Fuck Shocker and Casas" comments were out of line IMO. If they actually hurt TNA and the buyrate dropped a good amount bc they arent on the show, then TNA is doing something wrong in the first place.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The Fuck Shocker and Casas line was in direct response to the Fuck TNA line.

Guest ConspiracyVictim
The Fuck Shocker and Casas line was in direct response to the Fuck TNA line.

Understood, but I was just brining another side to the table, and both are really out of line since both sides had their own motives in this.

Another thing I thought of. Where would CMLL fit into all of this. The top promotion in Mexico (along with AAA of course but AAA is just bad) has its top heel at the moment and one of its top faces job out to two indy guys from the US. Sure London and Kazarian are no slouches but the Mexican fans do hear things about what happens in the states and im sure it wouldnt look too good if they hear that. I would say it would be the same if Jeff Jarrett and AJ Styles, both announced as being two of the biggest stars in the US, went to Mexico and jobbed to Safari and Virus...Im most people here would be like "Who the hell are Safari and Virus and why are the two top guys in TNA jobbing to them?" Just another thought...also remember it was first advertised as being a singles match

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

It actually wasn't advertised as anything originally.

They just said that they would both be there and than something about how they would be involved in crowning an new #1 contender to the X title.

They never came close to using the word vs.

Guest Slapnuts00

bps beat me to it, but I'll reiterate that Tenay NEVER said it would be Casas vs. Shocker he just said next week they'll be there and be involved in a match for the X division contendership.

Guest ConspiracyVictim

Either way it doesnt make sense for Shocker and Casas to pull out without reason. Truth is we arent sure whether or not it was a singles match or not. If it wasnt, it still doesnt make sense as to why TNA would spend the money to fly in a Shocker and especially a Casas just to job to Kazarian or London when A.) Most of the fan base knows very little about Lucha Libre to begin with B.) There are cheaper Luchadores C.) There are younger luchadore than Casas. So if it was a 4 way at the time, which we dont know, then TNA made a pretty bad booking decision there in the first place and I still think it was for the better interest of Shocker and Casas to not be in the match but maybe thats just because Im a fan of Lucha Libre. In the end, no one was screwed. TNA doesnt have Shocker or Casas...oh well. The people that knew who they were and actually watched them weekly like me probably were not going to buy just based on them being there and those who didnt know them and were going to buy probably were not going to buy based on the fact that they are not there. So TNA is still fine and the majority of people who were gonna order, probably still are. So how was TNA screwed around by two workers from Mexico?

PS - Sorry for my incorrect information on the subject of Tenay's announcement. I didnt order last week but from what I had heard from freinds etc he said that.

Guest BoboBrazil

They should have had Shocker vs Negro Casas one on one. Take one of the dumb fuck piece of shit matches off and allow this one to be on. I'm sure they wouldn't have had a problem jobbing to each other.

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

Tenay may not have actually come out and said Shocker vs. Casas, but it was surely implied. In any event, TNA pretty much dropped the ball on this one, IMO, as it is ludicrous to think that two of the biggest stars in Mexico would be willing to job to a London or a Kazarian, who are just lowly mid-carders in the #2 promotion in the States. I bet that Shocker and Casas agreed under the impression they would be involved in a one on one encounter (just based on the fact that that match was heavily implied last week), and then TNA decided to change things up on them, at which point both men basically said fuck that and refused to honor the agreement. That's complete hearsay, I know, but that's really all that makes sense to me here.

Guest ConspiracyVictim
They should have had Shocker vs Negro Casas one on one. Take one of the dumb fuck piece of shit matches off and allow this one to be on. I'm sure they wouldn't have had a problem jobbing to each other.

True, as they have done it before and worked with each other before MANY times. Im sure they would have had no problem being brought in again and jobbing (would have probably been Shocker anyhow who was brought back). The problem was they are being presented as jobbers on their first night there. For two guys who national superstars in Mexico and not really known here that is not the right way for them to be brought in especially for a legend like Casas.

Guest eirejmcmahon

I wonder if any actual paperwork was signed before the on-air announcement was made.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The fun continues as Wylde and "Showtime" Eric Young had travel glitches and can't get to NAshville.

As it stands they will try to scrape up two more X division people (I bet David Young gets that return phone call after all...and where is Tony Mamaluke? Or JAson Cross? What about Elix Skipper DAMMIT!!!) to throw into the Kazarian is going to win 6 man match.

Wylde has been on before...but I feel bad for Showtime. This would have been his first time on a live national show...and travel fucked him.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Somehow I doubt we'll see the uproar over Wylde and Young that we've seen over Shocker and Casas.

Guest Zack Malibu

It'll probably just wind up a four way now, unless Cross/Mamaluke/Rave/SAT's could get there.

Guest bob_barron

London is in Japan right now working for Zero 1. He'll be back in ROH on July 19th so he'll be in the area

Guest treble charged

Damn, TNA fans will be robbed of the chance to Eric Young's HORRIBLE backne.

Guest Zack Malibu

From da Meltz:

The X division match has been cursed from the start. Negro Casas and Shocker pulled out, as we noted before. The reason going around that they did so because they were going to be jobbed out is inaccurate.