TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest godthedog

albums to go to sleep to

Guest Incandenza
The Flying Luttenbachers, you say? What's a good cd of theirs, or is it something nigh-impossible to locate?

Revenge of the Flying Luttenbachers or Infection and Decline is the best place to start for their more extreme material. And yes, trying to find them in a record store can prove daunting.

Also, check this link. Click on the links page and scroll down to the bottom where there's a list of bands and albums Weasel Walter (the group's mastermind, and, presently, only member) either cites as an influence or just plain loves.

Guest godthedog
Trinity Session by the Cowboy Junkies. Every song on this album is so quiet and relaxing, yet haunted. It gives me chills, seriously.

man, i totally forgot about that one. that'll just lull you to sleep.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Frantic Brutal Prog. Glorious concept. I believe I'll order something, because I'm almost sure I'll like it.

Guest Incandenza

Agent of Oblivion taking a reccomendation from me.

From me. Wow.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Well, you certainly don't have the worst taste in music on here. The Residents, Neil Young, Analcunt..I can live with that.

Guest Spicy McHaggis

Enya absolutely rules the school.

I burned all four discs from "Only Time" onto my MD player. It's flat out awesome.

Soothing... contemplative... perfect.

Guest saturnmark4life

I'm sure an entire frigging album by someone as monotonous as Coldplay would put me to sleep, once I'd reached the end of the customary projectile vomiting and string of expletives, but I'd sooner beat myself into unconsciousness with a big stick.

Guest Lord of The Curry
i'm sure many of you guys go to sleep to music, and i'm sure those same people have their favorites to use. list them here.

the best stuff for me tends to be soft and ambient (that seems like a pretty common sense thing to me, but other people might feel differently, i don't know). things that are subdued and blue. instrumentals help. my faves:

1. death in vegas, 'dead elvis'--except for track 3, which is weird bouncy reggae-type stuff (and too upbeat), it's perfect.

2. miles davis, 'in a silent way'--title fits the music pretty well. not a great album for me to concentrate to (the keyboards to me make it sound too artificial and distracting), but the textures are soft, smooth and round--so it's like sleeping with your head nestled against a girl's tits.

3. portishead, 'dummy'--don't think i should have to explain this one.

4. sarah mclachlan, 'fumbling towards ecstasy'--much softness going on with the keyboards, the production and the occasional drum machine. used to be THE album to go to sleep to when i spent the night at my best friend's house back in the day.

5. this mortal coil, 'it'll end in tears'--again, nice soft synths going on, the whole thing is fluid as hell. "song to the siren" goes down like water. would be in the top 2, were it not for that EXTREMELY ANNOYING fast-paced, new wave-sounding track that wakes me up every time it's on.

so list your own, argue with me, whatever.

Man, "Song To The Siren" owns. I DL'd the song after reading your comments about it and gawd-damn does that thing knock you the fuck out. I just had my wisdom teeth out so I'm dead tired and it's helping me go out.

Unrelated question: If you've had you w.t out, how long did it take for your stitches to fall out or dissolve? Mine are being a pain in the freakin ass. I keep rolling my tongue around the back of my mouth and feeling them is really gross.......