TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Just call me Dan

14 Shades of Grey

Guest Just call me Dan

I never saw much discussed on this album, and I'd like to know any thoughts of it. Any help is appreciated.

Guest Nanks

I'd certainly be interested to find out what it's like. I'm a Staind fan and haven't had a chance to go out and get the album yet.

Guest Just call me Dan

Not a huge fan, but if this board can give Justin Timberlake love, they can give Staind the same due. It's Nu-Metal, which is hated around these parts, but it is bareable at least. I've not heard the album, and any reviews would be helpful (That aren't just it sucks)

Guest Choken One

Staind is kind of Old News in America...

They were HUGE in 2001 with Been Awhile and Outside and Fade but fell in line...

Price to Play didn't make waves but So Far Away seems to getting love...

Staind is rapidally heading towards The Journey Route...

Former Decent Rock Band turned BALLAD ANTHEM Arena Band...

Guest Just call me Dan

YES but DAMNIT HAS ANYONE HEARD THE ALBUM?!?!?

So Far Away is a very good song, IMO. Its about the equivalent of It's been a while.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto
Not a huge fan, but if this board can give Justin Timberlake love, they can give Staind the same due. It's Nu-Metal, which is hated around these parts, but it is bareable at least. I've not heard the album, and any reviews would be helpful (That aren't just it sucks)

Did someone say Justin Timberlake?

::beatboxes enthusiastically::

Guest SP-1

I've got the unedited, entire album. It's okay, and it's nice to see Lewis progressing through his personal problems. He seems a tad bit happier and more inspired here, and it's an interesting departure from, "My life sucks/you suck/I hate me/you hate me/fuck/shit/damn/imustcursetowritegoodmusic/etc.".

Guest Choken One

I've heard the majority of the album and it's really a shame he couldn' even the balance between what worked for Cycle (Ballads such as While, Fade and Outside and Epiphany and mix it with what worked for Dysfunction and Tormented the Hard Rock of Mudshovel, Just Go, Crawl, Home)

It doesn't help that you get this RADIO friendly feel to the Album...It seems like they went the route of Linkin Park...making songs that would work for Radio play...

Not a Overtly Bad album but not on the level of the Other two Mainstream releases...

Guest LJSexay

Its actually a really solid album. Took me a second hearing to show true appreciation for all of it, though.

So Far Away is an amazing song, esp. considering that Aaron shows that he's working through his problems. :)

Guest CoreyLazarus416

It doesn't matter how much Lewis has started to not be depressed. Why? Because he's still an extremely shitty frontman. Staind live was the WORST show this side of Mudvayne.

Guest La Parka Es Mi Papa

I haven't even heard the album, but I can safely say that it's awful.

Guest Just call me Dan

That's exactly what I wanted kept out of this topic. It seems we have a mature conversation, and it always has to be ruined. Thanks to all those who contributed with more intention than to put on a facade of being musically superior to everyone else.

Guest Shaved Bear
It doesn't matter how much Lewis has started to not be depressed. Why? Because he's still an extremely shitty frontman. Staind live was the WORST show this side of Mudvayne.

Mudvayne's not bad live, they just need to fire their sound crew

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The cd is terrible. Every song is an annoying overplayed radio single waiting to happen. The vocals are still like unflavored nonfat ice milk, the guitars add a layer of boredom, and every song is completely unremarkable. Unless I'm mistaken, it also hasn't sold well, which is good. Instead of going Gold, it can go to hell.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto
Unless I'm mistaken, it also hasn't sold well, which is good. Instead of going Gold, it can go to hell.

Despite the fact that it seems like it's bombing, I don't think it really is. I think it was still in the Billboard top 25 or 30 albums last week, and it's gone platinum already. Underperforming considering how well the last hunk o' junk sold, but it's only been out for a couple of months.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

If they make another album, THAT one will bomb. You heard it here first, kids.

Guest Ripper

I think it is a very good album, although you have to take it in on its own merits instead of what you are expecting from Staind. They took ALOT of the rock edge off of the music. Big Staind fans might have trouble getting over this, but I took it for what it was and enjoy it.

And I think they give a good live show in the sense that you can sit back and relax and hear a guy with a great voice sing his songs with passion. Now if a great show means jumping around alot and such, then no, you would be bored. Maybe they should get a flamethrower.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Oh yeah? Saw 'em twice. Boring both times. Their music is dull as is, but live? Even worse. I think I smoked about 3 butts just waiting for their set to be over, wishing The Deftones were on. And I don't even like The Deftones.

Well, at least the "singer" didn't preach about why people should love their children, like he did when he opened for Zombie/Ozzy.

Guest La Parka Es Mi Papa
That's exactly what I wanted kept out of this topic. It seems we have a mature conversation, and it always has to be ruined. Thanks to all those who contributed with more intention than to put on a facade of being musically superior to everyone else.

Well, to be fair, to myself, I AM musically superior to everyone else.

Guest Shaved Bear

Oh yeah? Saw 'em twice. Boring both times. Their music is dull as is, but live? Even worse. I think I smoked about 3 butts just waiting for their set to be over, wishing The Deftones were on. And I don't even like The Deftones.

Well, at least the "singer" didn't preach about why people should love their children, like he did when he opened for Zombie/Ozzy.

welll I gree with you there...I dont like the Deftones either

Guest Choken One

Mudvayne is the poor man's Slip knot...

What does *THAT* say for how much they suck?

Guest Dangerous A

I'd listen to Staind non stop until my ears bleed before I voluntarily listen to Justin Fuckin Bitch ass Timberlake.

Guest Choken One

Staind was passable with Dysfunction and Tormented but Fred raped Aaron or something because all Lewis does is sing really high pitch and shit.

Guest cynicalprofit
I haven't even heard the album, but I can safely say that it's awful.

man, that is by far the most ignorant thing i've ever heard. fuck man i hate kelly osbourne, but there was 1 good track on the album which i found AFTER i listened to it.

Guest Random Hero

You listened to the Kelly Osbourne album? Did someone threaten to shoot you or something If you didn't?

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

No, it was probably all they had in the hospital after he got his arm blown off.