TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The ChriZa

Your Most Hated Enemies

Guest The ChriZa

Anyone who's been a gamer for as long as a lot of us have probably have some of these. Those guys. Those video game villains who piss you off SO BAD you want to reach into the screen and break their god damn neck, then track down the guy from Capcom who designed him and run him down with your car.

Bald Bull - I've been playing Punch Out!!! since about 1988 and I will never stop. Its one of the all time classics, for me anyway. But I never....never ever never....managed to get a handle on stopping the Bull Charge. Maybe there's something wrong with me, but, and I'm talking about his first form, when he would do that stupid charge over and over until the end of the round, I felt like flying to Turkey, finding his big bald ass, and slitting his god damn 8-bit throat.

Ridley from Super Metroid - Is this guy even POSSIBLE to beat???? I swear on the name of everything sacred, there aren't enough missiles on EARTH to make a dent in that scaley bastard.

Hulk Hogan from Smackdown SYM - No explanation needed.

Safer Sephiroth, FFVII - My all time favorite game. Nothing will ever come close in my eyes. But god DAMN do I hate Safer Sephiroth. Some people may have mastered the art of beating him with their eyes closed. I am not one of these. Yes, I've beaten him. Multiple times. But the ratio is something like 1 victory for every 20 attempts. The fluffy son of a bitch can be so difficult sometimes, I can actually hear Nobuo Uematsu's backmasking in "One Winged Angel" saying "You stupid American! You will NEVER defeat him!!!" By the way, did you know that "Safer Sephiroth" is a mistranslation? It was supposed to be "Seraph Sephiroth". As in Seraphim? As in Angel? A little ChriZa helpful hint for you, there.

Guest MaxPower27

The robotic chameleon boss and the final boss in Gunstar Heroes. I believe that I broke about 4 Sega controllers due to that game.

Guest JaKyL25

Most hated in storyline terms: Kefka and Luca Blight come to mind. Probably more.

Most hated in difficulty terms: I never did beat Sigma in Mega Man X3. That's always bothered me.

Guest The ChriZa
Most hated in storyline terms: Kefka and Luca Blight come to mind. Probably more.

*GASP*

How could ANYONE hate Kefka???? The man represents all that is good and right in the video game world. Well, except for that whole "shooting giant beams of death from his tower and destroying entire towns" thing. We all have our bad days, right?

Guest Lightning Flik

- Mana Beast from Secret of Mana.

Just on the factor that if I remember correctly, it was my flying dragon(not sure been so long since I played it) and I was like super pissed off about that.

- Valkyerie from Tales of Eternia (I will never call it Tales of Destiny 2)

I spent twenty freakin' hours (on my second time through the game) on whipping her to death. As I was severely underleveled when I decided to go face her. My final fight took up to two hours alone (no, I'm not kidding, I timed myself) and a lot of strategic planning (ok, I just went "box her in a corner and let loose, if self is trapped, use Spin Jump and dodge most ground attacks as best as can"). Probably hardest fight I've had in a long time. Hell, I had more problems with Valk than I did the final boss (which suprisingly only had one form and I assumed I still had much of a game left (beat the game in my first play slimly under 20 hours).

- Ganon from most Legend of Zelda Games

No particular reason than just I'm tired of this fucker coming back for each single game just about (not counting Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening, and the actual Four Sword quest). I mean, if Nintendo would just bring out a new Legend of Zelda and give a FULL history of the Legendary Hero and make my life complete by knowing how the full out history of Hyrule plays and how Ganon (or Ganondorf) figures into it, shit, I'd probably have no more problem with him returning for almost every single one.

- Hulk Hogan from SYM

That bastard pretty much no sells my offense unless I haul his ass into a satisfactory beating from the all mighty repeated finisher usage. Or make him submit.

- Brock Lesnar from SYM

More just that he's a pain in the ass all the time since a lot of his moves combo. Other than that, I'm totally ok with taking on the Next Thing.

- Dark One from Arc The Lad: The Collection (excluding Arc The Lad: Twlight of Spirits)

Just because he's actually built into the ultimate evilness and not because something else lurked behind him like some games I've played. So in a fashion, I like him, but he's hated because he doesn't die off like every other bad guy. I hate having to "seal off" some evil force. It actually builds hatred cause I know that I just "prevented" the "destruction" and not actually kill it off. As that group of characters have to worry about if he might come back in their life time. I hate stuff like that.

- Kefka from Final Fantasy VI.

He killed General Leo. He got lots of hate from me back when I was like 8, and I still bear that. He's my fav bad guy but I still hate on him for killing Leo whom shoulda been Terra's guy. Yes, I'm a romatic at heart, now shut up. And yes, I know I should let the hate for that, but I can't. It's built into me. I hate that Leo died, ok?

- Protoman from Megaman III

Dammit. I hated this bastard when I was so little as I never was able to beat him a great amount. I had like a 1 in 50 chance of killing him off and losing a life. It really sucked. I hate him so much.

- FFIX's Kuja

He glorifies himself up and builds himself into the ultimate evil bad dude (wrong statement, but oh well). Loses like a great bad guy, summons his desperation act that fails and THEN pussies out and saves Zidane's life. Gr, I hate bad guys that do something against everything they stand for just to "redeem" themselves. Bloody hell, I hate that so much.

- Tyr from Breath Of Fire Series (not sure if she's in #5 though)

Firstly, yes, I know that she never really showed up in #2 but that Minster guy hinted at her, she's had a name change to Myria in #3 and she doesn't show up in #4 (I think). She's probably the only bad person who was in the series that NEVER like proceed to destroy the world or something. Yes, she kills off most of the Dragon Clan but she STILL doesn't get the whole world under her control. All she freakin wants is the Dragon Clan dead. She's tried THREE different times and failed. Yes, #4 doesn't show up, but who else would split the Dragon Emperor into two different halves (or aid the humas or what have you)? Damn, I haven't played #4 in ages. Anyways, we never know why she tries to kill them off three times or anything. I haven't even touched #5 from the first time because it really confused the hell out of me on how to play it and succeed. But anywoo, I hate the fact that we never know her motives or ANYTHING. Pisses me off.

- Sinistrals from Lufia 1 + 2 (excluding the cheap ass "sequels")

Go read the Tyr/Myria rant and you'll see my problem with these guys here.

- Sir Arek(sp?) from Lufia 2

THIS GUY IS SHOWN IN THE BEGINNING OF THE F'N GAME AND NOTHING IS EXPLAINED ABOUT HIM EVER~! WHY??? HE'S A FIGURE YOU GUYS USE IN LUFIA 2 BUT NEVER USE HIM AGAIN! WHY??? DAMMIT I WANT TO KNOW WHY! AND HE SO HAS TO BE A BAD GUY OTHERWISE ERIM WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN TALKING TO HIM, RIGHT? ...whatever...

- Akuma from SF2: Turbo

Just because on super hard mode, he was like undefeatable by me way back when. Didn't matter who I chose, I just keep getting wasted. I only found a way of beating him with Ken Masters.

I could probably fill up a couple more of my hateness in here but I'll save people's eyes from my bitching since half of them are about the flaws of the guys and not real hate.

Guest La Parka Es Mi Papa

Don Flamengo from Punch Out. He's not terribly difficult or anything, he just really pisses me off, for whatever reason.

Akuma was SUPPOSED to be a major pain in the ass..

The Undertaker from SYM gets my vote as that bastard can cheese his way to a win by using the same set three or four moves... fortunately my CAWs are out and out faster than he is.

Sagat from SFA3 is a cheeseball bitch too... I have major trouble playing him in the Alpha series, so I switched to either Ryu or Chun-Li. but he has a difficult pattern to break, and you have to be tight with your midair blocking to get closer to him... argh.

More to come as I think of them.

Guest Nevermortal

Handicap Matches in No Mercy

- So frustrating. Especially frustrating if you're playing as someone who wants to wrestle in actual matches. The APA were just cheap fucks.

The Entire Game of Dead to Rights

- This is the FUCKING HARDEST GAME EVER. There's no two ways about it. The fact that they actually gave difficulty settings to Gamecube & PS2 really cheeses me off because unless you have an Xbox, you'll never get to experience the true difficulty of the game. I got the game for Christmas, and I'm only on Level 5. ITS THAT HARD!

A.KU.MU. from Jet Set Radio Future

- The boss itself wasn't hard, but the things you had to do to get to him were. You had to grind up floating pipes and spirals and hope that you wouldn't fall down because if you did, you'd start the whole process over again. It pissed me off. A LOT.

Guest Memphis

Myself and Kurt Angle from Smackdown:SYM don't get along AT ALL. If that prick reverses one of my kicks and turns it into another fucking ankle lock, I swear I'll book him in fuckin' 3 on 1 handicap matches until I'm satisfied that he's as close to dead as possible.

Fatman from MGS2. Try beating this fucker on Extreme. In a word - IMPOSSIBLE.

The whole fucking game of Splinter Cell. Dead to Rights is bitch hard, but this game is fucking off the page.

Finally, Headbanger Thrasher from WWF Warzone. Sure, he sucks in real life, but if I had a buck for every time that asshole has pulled a cheapie on me, I'd have about 20 bucks.

M

Guest Lightning Flik
Akuma was SUPPOSED to be a major pain in the ass..

I mean, I had him on the ropes, but I'd mistime a combo or move and get beaten to hell and back. Thusly, I never could get my timing down until I brought out Ken Masters for something new.

Never lost with Masters after that. Although, with my sadly poor fighting game skills (SF2T was the last fighter I actually got into) I'd probably just get my ass handed to me every single time.

Guest Renegade

Dr Wily: Hands down is the biggest pain in the ass videogames. Your buster does 1 block of damage and he starts pulling out some crazy tsunami lazer attacks.

Gill from Street fighter 3: After finally beating him, oh no he has one more round left in him while you keep the same bar and thats just bullshit.

The old guy with a cane in super punch out.

Igniz from Kof 2k1: Cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap. Catches you out of knowhere with his DM and it lasts a good ten seconds even tough you know there is no escape and its just the CPU telling you that your its bitch.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Wendy O. Koopa from SMB3 always gave me problems, with those damn rings she throws around the room. Then, after getting killed, I'd have to chase her damn ship all over the map.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Drew Bledsoe: Madden '02, and '03.

I'm always his bitch when playing against him. I cheered once when I caused a career-ending injury to him...

Myself and Kurt Angle from Smackdown:SYM don't get along AT ALL. If that prick reverses one of my kicks and turns it into another fucking ankle lock, I swear I'll book him in fuckin' 3 on 1 handicap matches until I'm satisfied that he's as close to dead as possible.

:lol: Can we say 'bitter'?

Guest Nightscrawler

Triple H and Undertaker in SYM. It's near impossible to beat those two bastards with a CAW of myself. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Guest Ripper

Akira from the Virtual Fighter series. Mostly because he is probably on of the greatest character in fighting game history but it is a bitch to learn to use him correctly. He would whip out one of those should, elbow, palm strike dealys and almost all of your energy is gone.

Shaq on every basketball game ever. HE CAN'T HIT 15 foot jumpers dammit.

Jordan on every game ever created. He NEVER MISSES.

Guest The Amazing Rando

Billy Gunn... SD2!

Little fuck always cheaps wins out on me... fucking roll ups...

Safer Sephiroth... Supernova INDEED!

Guest MD2020
- FFIX's Kuja

He glorifies himself up and builds himself into the ultimate evil bad dude (wrong statement, but oh well). Loses like a great bad guy, summons his desperation act that fails and THEN pussies out and saves Zidane's life. Gr, I hate bad guys that do something against everything they stand for just to "redeem" themselves. Bloody hell, I hate that so much.

GOD YES.

This is the thing that pisses me off about FFIX, and probably why I like FFVIII better. And the worst part is (please correct me if I am wrong; been a while since I played it) you just sit there and talk and talk on some fucking tree. Christ that annoyed me. My character should have just taken out his sword, stuck it through the bad guy's neck, and left him impaled on that tree as a warning to those who fuck with the world.

When Cloud got Sephiroth alone, he didn't waste his fucking chance.

Guest J*ingus

Anytime you see the Grim Reaper in any Castlevania title, experienced players know very well that it's time to get out the vaseline, cuz you're about to get fucked in the ass.

Anyone else remember those giant eye robots in the very first Megaman? They took like thirty shots to kill, and they were an ordinary everyday enemy that would respawn if you left the screen!

Warmech from FFI was annoying, as it seems like I ran into him a lot more than you're supposed to, and he's one of the hardest damn enemies in the game.

I concur with Renegade on the old guy with the cane from Super Punch Out. I absolutely could not beat him, gave up the game because of it.

The kind of enemies I hate most: the ones that are actually invincible, so that you have to either run away or get killed; but sometimes the game doesn't exactly do the greatest job of informing you of this. See Juggernaut in Spiderman/XMen for the SNES for an excellent example.

Guest Nightscrawler
The kind of enemies I hate most: the ones that are actually invincible, so that you have to either run away or get killed; but sometimes the game doesn't exactly do the greatest job of informing you of this.  See Juggernaut in Spiderman/XMen for the SNES for an excellent example.

OMG I remember that game. I would spend hours trying to figure out how to defeat that level. I never did though. Do you know how to get passed those Juggernaut levels?

Guest CED Ordonez

Mr. Big from NARC. If he kills you, you have to start from scratch in killing him again. I don't think I ever beat the damn game.

And I also agree with Hoi Quarlow from Super Punch Out. Cheap ass old man...

Guest Prototype450

The Rock, Hogan and Triple H in Shut Your Mouth. Triple H once hit a 20 hit combo on me. The Rock beat me with a punch. Hogan once beat me with that Strength and Grapple move! I was so pissed these guys are so damn cheap.

The worst trio of all to beat is Big Show and the World's greatest tag team. My god they destroy me in every 6 man tag match. Benjamin hits a super kick then big show hits a Showstoper and Haas comes up and puts the Bow Back Breaker (closest thing to the Haas Of Pain) on me. I had to resort to chairs to beat them. Which is something i never do.

Guest WukenBloodstar

Anybody on X-Box live who claims that the Ymir and Ragna RoK are NOT bullshit mechs, oh sure..the most powerful mech(With a force sheild) is not cheap and then you kick somebody who kills you with a Raven? ..bastard

Guest Will Scarlet
The kind of enemies I hate most: the ones that are actually invincible, so that you have to either run away or get killed; but sometimes the game doesn't exactly do the greatest job of informing you of this. See Juggernaut in Spiderman/XMen for the SNES for an excellent example.

On this same vein, I hate it when I face a character in a game, beat him, then he conveniently no sells all of my attacks. Like this one guy on Wild Arms 2, I think it was. I think I faced him like a good four times throughout the game, and I’d beat him, then he hits some big move, makes my attacks look like nothing and just leaves, laughing at my characters, like my characters are a nothing more than a bunch of weak pussies. It was especially embarrassing since he was nothing more than one of the minions of the big boss. Finally, I ended up facing him near the end of the game in a big battle, and, I finally defeated him, and he didn’t no sell this time. Unfortunately, it was totally anticlimactic. To me, that should have been one of the best parts of the entire game, finally killing that bastard who made my characters look weak, but it was seriously lacking.

At least there I got some measure of revenge. I REALLY hate when they put bosses in the game who are designed to not ever be beaten, then you end up never beating them. An example would be Beatrix from Final Fantasy 9. I hated the fact that I never actually was able to put down that character, especially since it makes my characters look rather weak and futile that, while they are off saving the world and destroying a variety of different monsters and enemies, it’s all futile because all Beatrix has to do is one move and your characters are immediately unable to compete no matter how strong they are. I mean, why waste time saving the world when one move wonder over here can do it without a problem? It’s especially annoying when they join you and become somewhat beatable characters, and their big move is often not as big to an enemy. So, I can’t beat him, but the random enemy can and I am supposed to be saving the world from a great evil? RIIIIIGHT.

I also would like to nominate the Deep Descent level on 007: Nightfire. It wasn’t terribly challenging or anything, but I found the board so boring that I barely could muster the interest to beat it. Then, after taking a long while to finally knock out that board, I go through and defeat the last three without a problem. *sigh*

Guest The ChriZa
Anytime you see the Grim Reaper in any Castlevania title, experienced players know very well that it's time to get out the vaseline, cuz you're about to get fucked in the ass.

Boy, if that isn't the fucking truth. Luckily I always carry some with me.

I also have to add the Carry Armor from FFVII. Sumbitch took me FOREVER the first time. Like literally, a month. Then one day I thought, "Hey...maybe I should attack his ARMS first..."

The Evil Wall from Final Fantasy IV (or II) was a bitch and a half. I hate bosses with time limits. Especially bosses that are evil walls.

And speaking of FFIV, I hate the Dark Elf, not so much for being hard, but because he came up with the most bastardly trick in video game villain history and jinxed his cave so that you couldn't use metallic weapons. I don't wanna be creative, I want to kick some elven ass. Fuck him, and his dragon form too.

Guest alkeiper
Bald Bull - I've been playing Punch Out!!! since about 1988 and I will never stop. Its one of the all time classics, for me anyway. But I never....never ever never....managed to get a handle on stopping the Bull Charge. Maybe there's something wrong with me, but, and I'm talking about his first form, when he would do that stupid charge over and over until the end of the round, I felt like flying to Turkey, finding his big bald ass, and slitting his god damn 8-bit throat.

Its all about timing. 1...2...punch on 3.

Guest The ChriZa

Its all about timing. 1...2...punch on 3.

I've known that since Nintendo Power first printed that tip back in the late '80s. Did it help? Nope. Over a decade later, and I still can't do it. I think that part of my brain just DOESN'T work.

Guest Lightning Flik
The Evil Wall from Final Fantasy IV (or II) was a bitch and a half. I hate bosses with time limits. Especially bosses that are evil walls.

And speaking of FFIV, I hate the Dark Elf, not so much for being hard, but because he came up with the most bastardly trick in video game villain history and jinxed his cave so that you couldn't use metallic weapons. I don't wanna be creative, I want to kick some elven ass. Fuck him, and his dragon form too.

Firstly, about the Evil Wall. The only way you didn't get yourself killed was having Kain on lvl 42 and doing Jump, all the while praying that he'd come back down quick enough to get back up. Then if he's the ONLY guy left, you pray to God he never gets hit.

As for the Dark Elf Cave, I must say that THAT was probably the most strategy I've ever had to put into an actual RPG. I mean, the only character's that can keep their stuff equiped are Tellah (unless you are an idiot and give him a ring like me) and Yang. Cid still is decent as long as you keep his Wooden Hammer and then Cecil becomes the healer of the group. That's about all I really had to do. Still though, the Dark Elf is probably the most genius sonuvabitch bad guy ever. I mean if I, the almighty bad guy am weak against some weapon, then I definitely want to have some way to counteract it! Too bad the guy's a regular munchinkin that I can toasty in a few rounds. Damn that's the only reason I hate him. He's the only boss who actually thinks ahead and plans himself and gets taken out by SHEER luck that Edward knew what to do. Otherwise your crew are screwed.

Guest Prototype450

O I forgot to mention Sam from Mafia. He is this big gump who is slow stupid and always gets captured in beat down. In the last mission where you have to Kill all his goons, he has lightining speed deadly accuracy and knows where you are at all times. But he must be killed a certain way. I would throw a grenade at the next spot he would run to and when it went of i lit him up with the sawed off but that didn't work so i just got a couple of lucky shots off on him and ran around and shot him with the sawed off which triggers this 10 minute long cutscene. That is what pisses me of about video games. Certain Bad guys MUST be killed this way or your game will screw up. I don' think it's fair that you MUST kill some one the way the developer intended. :angry: