TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steviekick

Anal Cunt returns

Guest Steviekick

from blabbermouth.net

ANAL CUNT have reformed and have announced a live show at Bill's Bar in Boston, Massachusetts on November 10.

The following is the official statement on the group's reformation from the band's vocalist Seth Putnam:

"Well, I guess the biggest news to start off with is that ANAL CUNT are back together. You might think that's impossible since I said we never would get back together, but we did. If you want to complain about it, go fuck yourself. This time around, it's: Me - best vocalist ever, Josh Martin – guitar, and Nate Linehan - drums. We did a few songs the other night after an ADOLF SATAN practice (Josh & Nate's new band), and it sounded really good, especially since we hadn't played together in 4 years. Well, I remember it sounding good, but I was pretty fucked up, so it might've sucked, who knows. Anyways, we will be doing the Japan tour that got postponed earlier this year with GAYPALM DEATH [a.k.a. NAPALM DEATH] and PIG DESTROYER next January. We will also be doing some shows around here in November. The only one booked so far is on November 10 at Bill's Bar in Boston with the amazing DAMIEN STORM (from New Orleans) and ADOLF SATAN. I'll be working on getting a show in New York City, and possibly Connecticut around the same time. Eventually we will probably play other places, and maybe record new shit. It's all up in the air what'll happen. We aren't gonna burn ourselves out on it and end up hating each other as usual (I hope)."

Guest La Parka Es Mi Papa

I mark out for Anal Cunt song titles.

I Gave Your Kid AIDS So I Could Watch Him Die

You Have Lung Cancer Because God Hates You

Van Full Of Retards

I Want To Be A Counselor So I Can Tell Rape Victims They Deserved It

Good times, good times.

Guest Nevermortal
Is this metal or is it just humorous music?

Their regular music is akin to sticking a microphone in a blender. Its just noise. Sometime's they'll be different. But their song titles are funny as fuck.

Songs to DL:

Noise - "Your Kid Comitted Suicide Because You Suck"

Lyrics (Excuse the Caps):

ERIC CLAPTON SUCKS, ERIC CLAPTON SUCKS

ERIC CLAPTON'S GAY, AND HE'S FUCKING GAY

YOUR FATHER IS THE 4TH WORST SONG WRITER

AFTER SPRINGSTEEN, SEGER AND PETTY

YOU WERE SICK OF HIS GAY FUCKING SONGS

SO YOU JUMPED OUT A REALLY HIGH UP WINDOW

YOUR FATHER SUCKS SO FUCKING BAD

YOU KNEW YOU'D GET BEATEN UP AT SCHOOL

YOU WERE SICK OF HEARING "YOU LOOK WONDERFUL TONIGHT"

SO YOU JUMPED OUT A REALLY HIGH UP WINDOW

SOMETIMES I WISH YOU DIDEN'T DIE

BECAUSE I HATE THE SONG "TEARS IN HEAVEN"

I WAS GLAD YOU DIED UNTIL I HEARD THAT SONG

AND KEVIN SHARP IS GAY

Different - "I Just Saw the Gayest Guy on Earth"

Lyrics:

he hangs around in allston,he always wears a tree shirt

his favorite band is roadsaw,he hangs out at the model cafe

he hangs out with toxic narcotic,he's got a tribal tattoo

his best friend is joe bonni,he's got his eyebrow pierced

he has purple dreadlocks,he works at herrell's ice cream

he wears an "allston rock city" t-shirt,i hope you fucking die

Anal Cunt song titles are hysterical. For whatever reason, "I'm Hitler" makes me laugh pretty hard.

But the music's pretty unlistenable, in my opinion.

-Ben

Guest Dangerous A

My little brother is into them. He showed me some of their album covers and I laughed at the titles of the songs.

Then he played a couple of their songs and I told him to stop.

They are imaginative when it comes to lyrics and titles but have no talent musically whatsoever. They are a horrible band to listen to. They should just try to print their song titles and sell that because that shit on their CD's is barely music.

Guest NoCalMike

I can't figure out if they are truly supposed to be a parody or not. You can't beat their song titles/lyrics, but the music itself is like someone said earlier, just a "blender of noise"

Guest CoreyLazarus416

They're a grindcore band. You expected them to be listenable?

Wow...never actually figured they'd be Massholes, but not many people outside of the BHC scene know who Toxic Narcotic are...

Guest Nevermortal
They're a grindcore band. You expected them to be listenable?

Wow...never actually figured they'd be Massholes, but not many people outside of the BHC scene know who Toxic Narcotic are...

They're not grindcore. They're noise.

Guest JangoFett4Hire

WOW- they mention the Model Cafe in one of their songs?? That's the best dive bar in Boston!!!!

Guest Incandenza

Anal Cunt's better in idea than in execution. There are far superior noise bands out there, if you're looking for that sort of thing.

Guest La Parka Es Mi Papa

Would Big Black be considered a noise band? Because they rule, and all.

Guest Incandenza

Sorta. But if you're talking about grindy stuff, no. There are other people who here who can tell you more about that than I ever could.

Guest Incandenza
I can't believe AC is known way out there in NoCal

Ya know, they were on a major label back in the mid-90s. They aren't so obscure.

Guest Steviekick

I don't know, but I think that AC is grindcore. They've just kind of got there own warped version of it. Like, they don't wound like Dying Fetus or Napalm Death, but there are still enough similarities

Guest NoCalMike

Passing off Anal Cunt off as Grindcore would be saying Hip Hop is the same as Rap. Similar to an "outsider" certainly, but to fans of the respective genres, DEFINATELY not the same.

Guest Steviekick
Passing off Anal Cunt off as Grindcore would be saying Hip Hop is the same as Rap. Similar to an "outsider" certainly, but to fans of the respective genres, DEFINATELY not the same.

I wouldn't say that Anal Cunt is the definition of grindcore, but it has enough similarities to be called that, as well as noise. It's kind of an overlapping thing to itself.

Getting off topic, saying the difference between rap and hip hop is best said by KRS One. "Rap is something you do, hip hop is something you live." Hip Hop is the whole urban culture...the clothing, dialogue, attitude, music (including rap). Rap is just a part of the hip hop life.

Guest nl5xsk1
Would Big Black be considered a noise band? Because they rule, and all.

Since everyone no-sold the Big Black love, let me be the first to agree w/LPEMP.

Big Black owns.

Guest JangoFett4Hire
Big Black owns.

Big Black covered Kraftwerk's "The Model"- in which the best dive bar in Boston got it's name (The Model Cafe) which is mentioned in "I Just Saw The Gheyest Guy"

Circle is completed... put this thread in classics, PLZ~!

Guest Incandenza

Big Black owns.

Big Black covered Kraftwerk's "The Model"- in which the best dive bar in Boston got it's name (The Model Cafe) which is mentioned in "I Just Saw The Gheyest Guy"

Circle is completed... put this thread in classics, PLZ~!

Just to continue to the Big Black love, as good as the Kraftwerk cover is, their rendition of Cheap Trick's "He's a Whore" beats it wholesale.