TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

Ring Of Honor - July 19th - Elizabeth, NJ

Has anyone posted this card yet, the show is not that far away?

ROH World Title Match

Samoa Joe (Champion) vs. Paul London

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROH Tag Team Title Match

AJ Styles & Amazing Red (Champions) vs. The Briscoe Brothers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four Corner Survival for the #1 Contender's Trophy

Homicide vs. Danny Maff vs. Colt Cabana vs. BJ Whitmer

Dog Collar Match

CM Punk vs. Raven

Jeff Hardy vs. Krazy K vs. Joey Matthews

8-Man Weapons Match

Loc, Devito, Masada & Justin Credible vs

Rudy Boy Gonzalez, Fast Eddie, Hotstuff Hernandez & Don Juan

Pure Wrestling Challenge

Doug Williams vs Tom Carter

Pins Only Match

Chad Collyer vs Matt Stryker

Plus more to be announced with Mikey Whipwreck & Special K, SAT, Backseat Boyz and more!!!

It looks awesome to me. You can bet with it being his last match in ROH, Paul London is going to pull out all the stops. Its going to be an emotional night, with a super hot crowd.

Guest Deviant

As always, that card looks pretty damn solid, with a couple of breaks in the action for needed variation. I'll look forward to seeing this one when the tape makes its way to Australia some time in December....

I pressume everyone has written off London since it is his last show, but as "ROH's First Homegrown Talent", does anyone think he has a chance of going out on top? I think he will more than likely job, but it should be a great match nonetheless, and I wouldn't be that shocked to read of a London win.

Besides, if London does win, that means a ROH tournament!! No Billy Gunn pushes here. Ok, so Road to the Title is my all-time fave, sue me.

Punk-Raven has been an awesome feud and this is a fitting and decisive blow off. However, is this Raven's last ROH show now that his program with Punk is done?

Collyer/Stryker, Carter/Williams(!!), the 4 way and the tag title match should all deliver big time as well.

As I said, very solid show, and I am still praying for "Don't come back" and similar chants towards Hardy. Not as much as I want to see Raven come out and maul him for that abomination of a match on Raw, but the chants will suffice, pressuming he still sucks.

Guest bob_barron

I will be attending Death Before Dishonor next week. I'm a HUGE Paul London fan and this is going to be an emotional night for everyone.

The title match should be great- Joe is going to beat the piss out of London.

I just hope Jeff knows what's he's getting himself to as the crowd can be pretty mean when they don't like something

Guest Nevermortal

Man, if London wins and vacates the belt immediately, I'd be pissed as all hell. It makes Joe look terrible (losing to the guy who wanted nothing to do with the belt), as well as the company, who's belt already got vacated in its 2nd year in existance.

I'm really rooting for Joe and I'm hoping that Gabe & Rob do the right thing and let London do business right on his way out of the company.

Man, if London wins and vacates the belt immediately, I'd be pissed as all hell. It makes Joe look terrible (losing to the guy who wanted nothing to do with the belt), as well as the company, who's belt already got vacated in its 2nd year in existance.

I'm really rooting for Joe and I'm hoping that Gabe & Rob do the right thing and let London do business right on his way out of the company.

Fair enough you should go out on your back. However, 99% of the ROH fans are all smart. They will know full well the London is moving to WWE. If he drops the belt straight back, it will look like hes out grown ROH, but i dotn think it will make Joe look crap. It will make him look worse than London, but not crap.

Guest bob_barron

I agree with Nevermortal- London is my favourite wrestler but they shouldn't devalue the title. Samoa Joe should go over

Guest Showstoppa Icon

im makin the trip out to NJ to see this show. I really wanna see London in person before he goes to wwe.

Guest Deviant

I also think Joe should go over, I hate when belts are stripped and thanks to TNA if I see a double pin anywhere at anytime, I am extremely pissed off.

ROH has a rather traditional booking style in many respects, so I think London will do the traditionally job. I can only hope my suspicions are wrong and that London jobs, then has an emotional send off.

Guest ShooterJay

ROH also favors an ECW booking style from time-to-time.

I wouldn't be surprised if London wins, only to be challenged immediately by say, AJ, and lose.

Guest bob_barron

No it wouldn't- Cause then Samoa Joe looks like a pussy. Have Joe beat the hell out of London to win

No it wouldn't- Cause then Samoa Joe looks like a pussy. Have Joe beat the hell out of London to win

And then have Joe leave the ring so that London can do his tearful goodbye bit. That would be the best way to book it IMO.

Guest The Upright Man

How exactly would it make Joe look weak? London beats Joe in a brutal match; random dickish heel comes out and challenges London. An exhausted London valiantly fights but gets beat. I really don’t see how Joe looks weak in that situation

Oh and-

I GOT MY TICKETS TODAY!!!!!!

Seeing and how it’s Sunday and all, I hope those tickets didn’t come in the mail. If they did I wouldn’t touch them. They’re probably bombs, or maybe they’re made of anthrax. I really don’t know. But I’ll tell you something I do know...Bob Barron, somebody wants you dead.

Guest bob_barron

I didn't recieve in the mail- I bought them today.

Joe shouldn't lose to a guy on his way out- Joe should beat the hell out of him

Guest ChaosTheory
How exactly would it make Joe look weak? London beats Joe in a brutal match; random dickish heel comes out and challenges London. An exhausted London valiantly fights but gets beat. I really don’t see how Joe looks weak in that situation

MLW just did this last month with Kojima losing to Awesome and Awesome then immediately dropping the title to Corino (dickish heel).

London should job to Joe in a hard-fought match.

Guest The Upright Man

I still don't see how Joe looks weak if such a situation occurred.

Guest Deviant

Joe doesn't really look weak, but the more and more I think about it the more I'm hoping for Joe to win a brutal war.

I guess this slight doubt will be enough for the crowd to buy into the two-counts, and that is cool with me.

Guest Randy Pan

I strongly doubt they will give someone going to OVW a huge rub by giving him the belt. It just doesnt make sense.

I strongly doubt they will give someone going to OVW a huge rub by giving him the belt. It just doesnt make sense.

Exactly. Plus, they can also get Joe and the belt more over by saying that he beat a wwe employee.

Guest BrokenWings

Just another addition to the card -

Locker Room Scoops For The Week Of 7/13

-One more match has been added to "Death Before Dishonor" this Saturday in Elizabeth, NJ in the air conditioned RexPlex, which is right off NJ Turnpike Exit 13A. It will be a tag team scramble pitting Mikey Whipwreck & members of Special K vs. The Backseat Boyz & SAT. The Backseats are looking for revenge on K, who put them through a table on June 28th. The SAT have a long running feud against Special K. The SAT are also looking to get their hands on Mikey Whipwreck, who turned on them for the second time on 6/14 at "Night Of The Grudges" in Boston.

Credit : rohwrestling.com

Just another addition to the card -

Locker Room Scoops For The Week Of 7/13

-One more match has been added to "Death Before Dishonor" this Saturday in Elizabeth, NJ in the air conditioned RexPlex, which is right off NJ Turnpike Exit 13A. It will be a tag team scramble pitting Mikey Whipwreck & members of Special K vs. The Backseat Boyz & SAT. The Backseats are looking for revenge on K, who put them through a table on June 28th. The SAT have a long running feud against Special K. The SAT are also looking to get their hands on Mikey Whipwreck, who turned on them for the second time on 6/14 at "Night Of The Grudges" in Boston.

Credit : rohwrestling.com

Sounds good. I think it will do its job well and break the car dup a little.

Guest Markingout

Sounds like a great card. Somoa Joe should win and he is going to win. The only thing I can think is that since Cornette is coming to ROH for the 8/16 London might be there and defend the title that he won and then lose it at that show. I doubt it though

Guest Lord of The Curry

This could be a really good oppurtunity to pull off a OWV vs ROH interpromotional feud. Have London go over Joe clean as a whistle, do the tearful goodbye and says he can't take the ROH Title with him to the WWE so he'll retire it here. Then Cornette comes out and cuts a great promo about how well London and the ROH Belt would fit into the OVW camp. London feigns that he's going to attack Cornette but lays out Samoa Joe instead. Ki, Daniels, Punk and some other ROH guys come out and chase off London and Cornette.

(I know it's a pipe dream because of OVW's affiliation w/ WWE, but one can dream...........)

Guest bob_barron
This could be a really good oppurtunity to pull off a OWV vs ROH interpromotional feud. Have London go over Joe clean as a whistle, do the tearful goodbye and says he can't take the ROH Title with him to the WWE so he'll retire it here. Then Cornette comes out and cuts a great promo about how well London and the ROH Belt would fit into the OVW camp. London feigns that he's going to attack Cornette but lays out Samoa Joe instead. Ki, Daniels, Punk and some other ROH guys come out and chase off London and Cornette.

(I know it's a pipe dream because of OVW's affiliation w/ WWE, but one can dream...........)

Cornette's not going to be there until the August EDIT: 9th Dayton show

Edited by bob_barron

Guest Dynamite Kido

Joe should beat London clean in the finish. Then I am sure ROH will do the locker room come out and all shake his hand and do the hero that's leaving angle. I would mark out if he won the title though.

Heres the official preview from rohwrestling.com

Ring Of Honor is ready for the biggest show in its history this Saturday night, July 19th in Elizabeth, NJ at the RexPlex with a 7:30pm belltime. It will be the first annual "Death Before Dishonor" and ROH has gone overboard making this the most loaded show ever. If you miss this one, you will regret it. It's that simple. There will be $15 general admission tickets at the door. For advance tickets, directions and any other info go to ROHwrestling.com, RFVideo.com or call 215-891-9404.

The RexPlex is a beautiful, air conditioned building that is visible from the New Jersey Turnpike. It is located right off NJ Turnpike Exit 13A and an easy drive from NYC, Philly and all over New Jersey. This show will also feature ROH's state of the art light show and other production values that have made ROH an event that you have to experience live.

Ring Of Honor is proud to release its June 14th "Night Of Grudges" show this Saturday. This event features a must see bonafide match of the year candidate pitting AJ Styles vs. Paul London. This is one any wrestling fan is sure to watch over and over. This release will keep any ROH fan happy with these matches: Carnage Crew vs. Christopher Street Connection; Matt Stryker vs. Chance Beckett in a pure wrestling match; Homicide vs. Justin Credible vs. Chris Sabin vs. John Walters in an action packed Four Corner Survival that included Credible's surprise debut; Raven & BJ Whitmer vs. CM Punk & Colt Cabana in a bloodbath; Mikey Whipwreck & Dixie vs. SAT and the blowoff to the war as Samoa Joe, Michael Shane & CW Anderson of The Group take on The Prophecy of Chris Daniels, Dan Maff & Donovan Morgan in a bout where the losing faction has to split up. If you can't pick this up in person you can order at RFVideo.com or by going to ROHwrestling.com.

Ring Of Honor could have its first crowd of over 1000 people this Saturday so you know this show has to be extra special. Don't miss being a part of this historic event. Here is what's going down:

ROH World Title Match: Samoa Joe defends vs. Paul London- Emotions will be running strong in the RexPlex as Paul London, who many consider ROH's first homegrown talent, wrestles his final ROH match before heading to World Wrestling Entertainment. London has come so close to winning the ROH title on a couple of occasions. The fans are hungry to see him as ROH champion. Can London win it in his ROH sendoff or will the dominating Samoa Joe continue his honorable title reign. One thing is for sure- no one is going to forget this match for a long, long time.

ROH Tag Team Title Match: AJ Styles & Amazing Red defend vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe- These two tandems have produced two of the best tag team title matches seen anywhere this year at ROH's "Night Of Champions" and "The Epic Encounter." Now this classic series will end on July 19th as these two teams face each other for the last time. The stipulation states that there will be no rematch. What will these two innovative duos pull out to win the rubber match of the tag team series of the year.

Dog Collar Match: Raven vs. CM Punk- The intricate issues behind this match have made Raven vs. Punk the feud of the year and what many are calling the greatest feud in ROH history. This bloody ROH original feud will likely come to a close this Saturday night. Demons from the past haunt both these men and they will be exercised when they collide in the first ever ROH dog collar match.

Three-Way: Jeff Hardy vs. Krazy K vs. Joey Matthews- The one and only Jeff Hardy requested to come to ROH to wrestle his protege Krazy K and a member of his home OMEGA wrestling promotion in Joey Matthews. Now these three talented grapplers will meet in a three-way. This will be Hardy's first match since leaving WWE and he is bringing his working boots for what promises to be a death-defying match.

Four Corner Survival For #1 Contender's Trophy- Homicide vs. Dan Maff vs. Colt Cabana vs. BJ Whitmer- The Four Corner Survival has become one of the hottest matches in ROH for providing non-stop action and unique match ups. This one will be no different as four hard-hitters collide with the winner getting a ROH title shot on 8/9 in Dayton, Ohio. There are many issues in this one as Homicide and Dan Maff will come face-to-face for the first time since Maff joined The Prophecy, Whitmer is looking to get the pinfall he suffered to Cabana on 6/14 back, The Prophecy represented by Maff will be in there with The Second City Saints represented by Colt Cabana. This one is going to be intense.

Weapons Match: The Carnage Crew of Justin Credible, Loc, Devito & Masada vs. Rudy Boy Gonzalez, Hotstuff Hernandez, Fast Eddie & Don Juan- The feud between the miserable Carnage Crew and students of the Texas Wrestling Academy led by head trainer Rudy Boy Gonzalez erupted in a bloody violence at "Retribution: Round Robin Challenge II." Now both sides have added a member and violence will erupt one more time!!!

Pure Wrestling Challenge: Doug Williams vs. Tom Carter- This first time match doesn't need any hype. Simply put, you have two of the best technical wrestlers in the world today testing their skills against each other. This one could be a classic.

Tag Team Scramble: Mikey Whipwreck & Special K vs. Backseat Boyz & SAT- This tag team scramble will produce innovative, fast paced action. The issues are strong as the SAT have been embedded in a long running feud with their trainer Mikey Whipwreck and Special K. The Backseat Boyz of Trent Acid & Johnny Kashmere now want revenge on Special K as well for what happened at "WrestleRave '03." What members will comprise the Special K team? Be there and find out.

In addition to all this you'll see the debut of a new tag team plus Allison Danger, Alexis Laree and more!!! Be a part of history this Saturday night!!!

Looks like an awesome show!

Have a look at the official t-shirt they've made for the show:

dbdsite.jpg

Its available at the arena tonight and looks pretty sweet.

It look like Philly is the place to be tonight!