TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

Ring Of Honor - July 19th - Elizabeth, NJ

Guest biggstevie

It look like Philly is the place to be tonight!

:lol: The show is not in philly its in Elizabeth, NJ :P I so wish i was flying over for this show.I cant wait till i go in september flying over from london. :headbang:

Guest biggstevie

My flight is £275 I fly out on tuesday and come back on the sunday.just in time for fwa Hotwired. Hotel is like $45 a night in downtown philly :) :headbang:

Guest tpww7

Somebody told me that Low-Ki worked the opener of the show..I sure hope so.

Guest tpww7

From the CZWfans Board.....

low ki best deranged

matt stryker beat jimmy rave

the purists beat the outkast killas

twa students beat carnage crew

tom carter beat doug williams

bj whitmer beat homicide, danny maff, and colt

special k and whipwreck beat sat and backseats

jeff hardy beat krazy k and joey matthews

cm punk beat raven

aj styles & red beat the briscoes

samoa joe beat paul london

Xavier and Tommy Dreamer showed up, Jeff Hardy got booed out of the building.

Guest tpww7

Hey...I just copy/pasted lol.

I'm pretty shocked AJ/Red won as well as BJ Whitmer though.

Guest Showstoppa Icon
Somebody told me that Low-Ki worked the opener of the show..I sure hope so.

its true, he beat some 15 y/o spot monkey....it was great

Guest Showstoppa Icon

i loved the show, the London thing at the end was great.

Jeff getting booed out of the building was great

i loved the red/styles- briscoes tag match and CM PUNK vs Raven was impressive. Punk reminds me so much of Steve Corino.

Guest Showstoppa Icon

i hated the anticlimactic ending to the London match though.

Guest bob_barron

I understood the story they were trying to tell-

But it just fell flat with the crowd.

I was ecstatic that I got to talk to London afterwards

Guest bravesfan

...from the DVDVR board -

In front of a crowd of 1,000 or more, Special K start show with a Rave in the ring. Christopher Street Connection come out to break it up, get beatdown by all members of Special k.

Lowki comes out to avenge the CSC, makes challenge for match right now. 3 Members of Special K step up. Two unnamed members one gets slapped down, never gets up again, other guy gets dragon sleeper in about 30 seconds.

Lowki beat Deranged in 8:29 (total time, including beating previous 2 guys above)

Matt ``Unibrow`` Stryker beat Jimmy Rave in 8:47

Rudy Boy Gonzales, Fast Eddie, Don Juan and Hotstuff Hernandez beat The Carnage Crew (HC Loc, Tony Devito, Masada, and Justin Credible) in a Weapons Match in 15:25. A little too long for my taste. Hernandez dove on the floor and didn`t get caught properly at one point and had a huge swollen bruised lump on his head.

The new team of Tony Mamaluke and John Walters (the Purists) beat the Outkast Killas(Diablo Santiago and ?) in 8:31

Ring Crew Express came out to laugh at Killas for losing, then Xavier charged the ring, beat on Dunn and Marcos, took the mic, and said he was back to enter himself in the upcoming ``Field of Honor`` tournament.

Technician Tom Carter beat the Anarchist Doug Williams in 14:31

In the best match of the night, the #1 Contenders Trophy Match, Four Way Challenge-- BJ Whitmer defeated Homicide, Danny Maff and Colt Cabana in 13:47. I believe he pinned Cabana, but not sure.

24:00 Intermission. Raven did a signing and photos at a booth.

Mikey Whipwreck and Special K(Hydro, Angeldust, and Dixie) won a Tag Team Scramble Match over the SAT`s (Jose and Joel Maximo) and the Backseat Boyz(Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere) in 8:22. Backseatz turned on SAT`S after the match due to a miscue.

Jeff Hardy won a three way over Krazy K and Joey Matthews in 6:36. Hardy was severely booed out of the building the second he appeared. Not due to his ringwork, but just because the crowd had so much hatred and did not want to see him wrestle at all. Personally I do not feel he deserved this amount of disrespect. He shouldn`t have been Konnaned worse than Konnan ever was.

CM Punk defeated Raven in a dog collar match with double juice in a wild brawl all over the building thru the crowd in 18:45. Afterwards, Punk taped Raven to the ropes and poured beer down his throat to ``send him back to rehab``. Danny Doring came thru the crowd and tried to save Raven, but failed. This led to TOMMY DREAMER coming thru the crowd and made the save for Raven. Raven and Dreamer then taped Punk to the ropes and poured 2 beers down his throat, thereby ``ruining Punk`s `Straight Edge` lifestyle. (drug and alcohol free). Dreamer did not address the crowd as he did in his previous appearance at All Star Extravaganza.

AJ Styles and Red successfully retained the ROH Tag Team Titles over Mark and Jay Briscoe. It was billed as the Briscoes final shot at the titles.

Samoa Joe retained the ROH Heavyweight Title over Paul London via chokeout in 14:14. The crowd threw streamers in the ring out of respect for London`s great matches and appreciation for his work in ROH. Ring announcer Stephen Deangelis announced before the match that it was London`s final ROH appearance(he is starting in OVW for WWE.) This may have deflated the crowd somewhat who was upset realizing London would most likely not win the belt.

Afterwards all of the ROH wrestlers and staff surrounded London in the ring to give him an amazing sendoff. London was raised on their shoulders, then gave a lengthy speech. He ended with a handshake with Samoa Joe. Then London stayed with the crowd around ringside for over 30 minutes taking time to personally say farewell to all who remained.

I feel that the crowd was somewhat flat tonight, although it was a huge crowd. It seemed like at least half the crowd was unfamiliar with many of the wrestlers and the storylines which may have hurt the overall enthusiasm towards the show.

They announced a return to the Rexplex in Elizabeth NJ on 11/1/03.

Guest TheCrowCall
Then London stayed with the crowd around ringside for over 30 minutes taking time to personally say farewell to all who remained.

Paul London is the man. Very happy that he was able to have a great sendoff too.

~ Pac

Guest bob_barron

Paul London truly is the man. I missed him coming in (Damn you Alexis' boobs) but the fact that he stayed after just to talk to all his fans really made me even more of a London fan.

When he came out for his entrance he actually dove into the crowd and was hugging all of us

Jeff Hardy won a three way over Krazy K and Joey Matthews in 6:36. Hardy was severely booed out of the building the second he appeared. Not due to his ringwork, but just because the crowd had so much hatred and did not want to see him wrestle at all. Personally I do not feel he deserved this amount of disrespect. He shouldn`t have been Konnaned worse than Konnan ever was.

Stupid freakin Philly mutants, you can be arse holes at times! What in the hell is the point in doing that? At least give him a bloddy chance to wrestle ebfore you boo him out of the building. Out of interest, not that it seems to matter to a lot of people, but what was the actual match like?

It also annoys me that Doug did the job again. Why build up Tom Carter as "The Technician" when you allready have a world class "Technician" in Williams?

This may have deflated the crowd somewhat who was upset realizing London would most likely not win the belt.

Who didnt know it was his last match before moving on to WWE? Surely the people that didnt know must have been so few and far between that it couldnt have effected the overall crowd heat.

Guest bob_barron

Stupid freakin Philly mutants, you can be arse holes at times! What in the hell is the point in doing that? At least give him a bloddy chance to wrestle ebfore you boo him out of the building. Out of interest, not that it seems to matter to a lot of people, but what was the actual match like?

It also annoys me that Doug did the job again. Why build up Tom Carter as "The Technician" when you allready have a world class "Technician" in Williams?

This may have deflated the crowd somewhat who was upset realizing London would most likely not win the belt.

Who didnt know it was his last match before moving on to WWE? Surely the people that didnt know must have been so few and far between that it couldnt have effected the overall crowd heat.

Chunk- were you there? No.

Did we boo Jeff Hardy coming out? Yes

But I was more then willing to give the guy a chance.

AND HE BLEW IT.

He slipped off the second rope when he went to do his pose. He looked lethargic, did no high spots (except for the swanton) and looked awful. It's not like the crowd was getting 1999-200 Jeff Hardy and booing it out of the building.

I was PISSED off. He gets paid all this money, despite having no passion for the business and he shows up and completely stinks up the joint.

Don't act like we're to blame for Jeff stinking the joint up.

Jeff Hardy could've shut us all up and put on a fun 3-way. He failed and killed the crowd as a result

Chunk- were you there? No.

Did we boo Jeff Hardy coming out? Yes

But I was more then willing to give the guy a chance.

AND HE BLEW IT.

He slipped off the second rope when he went to do his pose. He looked lethargic, did no high spots (except for the swanton) and looked awful. It's not like the crowd was getting 1999-200 Jeff Hardy and booing it out of the building.

I was PISSED off. He gets paid all this money, despite having no passion for the business and he shows up and completely stinks up the joint.

Don't act like we're to blame for Jeff stinking the joint up.

Jeff Hardy could've shut us all up and put on a fun 3-way. He failed and killed the crowd as a result

Fair enough, I have no problem with that at all. Its just that the reports I have read tell me that he got boo'd from the moment he left the curtain. If he was given a far chance then thats ok IMO.

However, if he was boo'd from the beginning for no reason what so ever, then thats another thing alltogether.

I wasnt there, and I dont try to pretend I was there, but I can only go on reports that are posted. Thats why I asked for details on what the match was like.

Guest bob_barron

The crowd booed him the minute he walked out- But they have their reasons.

But I know that Jeff could've easily gotten the crowd back on his side.

The match was really sloppy and was not put together well at all. Everyone looked pretty bad but Jeff did nothing to make the match interesting.

My friend refused to boo Jeff Hardy. He kept saying 'Give him a chance!' 'Give him a chance!'

Towards the end of the match we were both chanting 'We want Konnan' and 'I-C-P'.

Jeff had a chance to shut us all up. He didn't.

The crowd booed him the minute he walked out- But they have their reasons

So the reports were right then. IMO there are no reasons for booing him from the very start of the match. I said this before the show and I stand by it now. He screwed up his wwe career for himself, im not denying that. But at the same time if hes decided to work the Indys it shows he must have interest in the business left. Therefore give him a bloddy chance to impress.

The match was really sloppy and was not put together well at all. Everyone looked pretty bad but Jeff did nothing to make the match interesting.

My friend refused to boo Jeff Hardy. He kept saying 'Give him a chance!' 'Give him a chance!'

Thats the way it should have been. Give him ample chance and then boo him if hes crap and look slike he cant be arsed to work properly, ive got no problem with that what so ever.

But I know that Jeff could've easily gotten the crowd back on his side.

Jeff had a chance to shut us all up. He didn't.

Why should he have to work against a crowd that was giving him nothing from the very start? Fair enough its now his own fault that he gave a crap performance and has made a rod for his own back, but at the end of the he wasnt given a fair chance to impress.

The way I see it is that the crowd were there to boo him no matter what he did. I wasnt at the event but I think it would have taken a ****+ classic for the crowd to even acknowledge the fact that he was working properlly.

The Philly fans just thought they knew best and that they didnt need a WWE reject. he was doomed before he even started.

Guest RubySoho50

It's not like everyone was against him... Teenage girls were there in full force, shreaking everytime he took something off (worsened the match even more...)

Yes it was unfair, but I thought it was pretty funny regardless. (I just wish i knew what he was thinking, if he got the kind of reaction he was expecting or what)

But anyway, he did do something right by not dying his hair rainbow colors or covering himself with radioactive squirrel puke and smurf jizz. Small improvement, but it's a start...

Guest bob_barron
IMO there are no reasons for booing him from the very start of the match.

Yes there are. This is a guy who has no passion for the business whatsoever. A guy who dogged it against the Rock. Ring of Honor is about wrestling. It's about giving everything you have- the fans of ROH are passionate about their wrestling and they expect (since they pay $15) the wrestlers to be passionate about the business themselves. Jeff Hardy has shown that is not the case.

But at the same time if hes decided to work the Indys it shows he must have interest in the business left. Therefore give him a bloddy chance to impress.

I hope he doesn't keep working- He's just awful right now. HE BOTCHED A DDT. Why give a guy who has no passion for the business a chance? He could've shut us up. He didn't.

Why should he have to work against a crowd that was giving him nothing from the very start?

To shut us up and make us eat our words.

but at the end of the he wasnt given a fair chance to impress.

Had Jeff come out and done a bunch of cool spots and the match was well put together- He would've gotten a good response. I'm sure of it.

The way I see it is that the crowd were there to boo him no matter what he did.

There were a lot of screaming girls there (Which is why a lot of people didn't know about London)- You can bet they'd be going crazy if we got old Jeff.

I think it would have taken a ****+ classic for the crowd to even acknowledge the fact that he was working properlly.

I think had we gotten a fun spotfest- the crowd would've responded.

Instead- we get Konnan

Guest bob_barron
It's not like everyone was against him... Teenage girls were there in full force, shreaking everytime he took something off (worsened the match even more...)

Yes it was unfair, but I thought it was pretty funny regardless. (I just wish i knew what he was thinking, if he got the kind of reaction he was expecting or what)

But anyway, he did do something right by not dying his hair rainbow colors or covering himself with radioactive squirrel puke and smurf jizz. Small improvement, but it's a start...

Hardy didn't really seem to mind. I was standing by the entranceway and I was cursing him out and telling him to fuck off- He was just staring at everyone

Thats the exact kind of attitude that pisses me off.

This is wierd, because im not even a big Jeff Hardy fan. However, I do believe in giving someone a second chance. Im not talking about the many chances he had in the WWE before someone mentions that. The bottom line is he chose to come back and work the Indys, so he must still have some interest in the wrestling business.

Therefore, give him a bloddy chance to at least work a match before you boo him out of the buliding.

Yes it was unfair, but I thought it was pretty funny regardless.

That kind of comment would usually get flammed all the way to hell and back, as it is a throw away comment that has absolutely no reason or fact behind it what so ever. But because its about someone that smarks hate, everyone lets it slip.

Guest RubySoho50
Yes it was unfair, but I thought it was pretty funny regardless.

That kind of comment would usually get flammed all the way to hell and back, as it is a bullshit comment that has absolutely no reason or fact behind it what so ever. But because its about someone that smarks hate, everyone lets it slip.

sorry, i meant more in the sense of how rediculous it was that everyone was giving him so much shit. Stupidity and closed-mindedness amuses me...

I honestly wanted him to prove everyone wrong.

sorry, i meant more in the sense of how rediculous it was that everyone was giving him so much shit. Stupidity and closed-mindedness amuses me...

Thats exactly what it is "closed-mindedness". And although it can be amusing, it can also be bloddy annoying at times as well.

I honestly wanted him to prove everyone wrong.

So did I, and perhaps the way in which he reportedly phoned it in yet again, is why im so annoyed at this point.