TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

Ring Of Honor - July 19th - Elizabeth, NJ

Guest Jimmy Saint

I ain't a fan of Jeff Hardy at all but in this case the ROH fans come across as the much bigger wankers.

Guest bob_barron

So apparently we're not allowed to boo someone when they come out. Okay then

Guest bravesfan

No one has reason to defend Jeff Hardy anymore.

So what if he got booed even before he entered the ring? This is a guy who has deteriorated before our eyes on WWE TV, going through the motions every week while hurting himself in the process.

...I'm sure that if Jeff went out there and put out something MILDLY entertaining (at the least), hewould turn the crowd back in his favor....

HE DIDN'T. END OF STORY.

Guest CanadianChick

Why should fans 'give him a chance'? It's the fan's preference whether to boo or cheer a wrestler. And it's completely fair. Fans can boo who they want, no matter the reason. Even if it seems uncalled for, that's just the way things are. And it seems Jeff didnt' really give a reason for people to cheer him, so there you go.

Guest Deviant

People talking about the ability to die happy once they have seen Raven and Daniels live... I'm home!

I'm glad Jeff got booed out of the building. Awww, they booed him when he came out. I guess it's probably a bad idea to suck and to perform at ROH. The only bad thing about this is that it will be editted out of the tape. I wanted to see Konnan be ripped apart, and I want to see this!

As was said, it was ROH, if Jeff was actually any good, I bet the fans would have responded and been able to say "Hey, he's improved, good for him".

Girlish screams being the only support he gets sickens me. One of the many reasons I hate him. When the positive reaction from a crowd is for your ability to remove your shirt rather than your ability to wrestle, go home, write D-grade music and try to construct the world's ugliest sculpture.

Raven and CM Punk just sounds awesome. I wish ROH would release their tapes and stuff quicker so that they would make it to Australia some time this year. Tommy Dreamer showing up again had me marking out for mere words on a screen, and once I read exactly what he did(good old vague as all hell rohwrestling.com)... That is just gold.

Would they have used some imitation beer or something, or is Punk not as straight edge as his character? I guess I'm a mark on this one.

All in all, that sounds like another rock solid show, and ROH's ability to genuinely surprise both in appearances, booking and matches continues. Awesome stuff.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I think people are forgetting WHY Jeff is broken down and rather than cheering his past efforts are booing his current ones... understandable, I guess. I don't like Jeff, but that shit is still pretty cold. If RF had any sense he'd allign Hardy with Punk as it sounds like Hardy is the #1 heel in the company :)

It might not have been such a bad idea to prep him to turn heel if the crowd reacted badly to him.

Im not re-typing my whole arguement on this subject, as ive made my point allready.

I just think it narrow minded to boo anyone the moment they leave the curtain, whether you have the "right to do so" or not.

Guest bob_barron
It might not have been such a bad idea to prep him to turn heel if the crowd reacted badly to him.

Im not re-typing my whole arguement on this subject, as ive made my point allready.

I just think it narrow minded to boo anyone the moment they leave the curtain, whether you have the "right to do so" or not.

So if I don't like the wrestler coming out I should do what Chunk? I don't like Jeff Hardy so I booed him.

When you go to a WWE live event- Do you boo the people you don't like when they come out?

Guest Jimmy Saint

Theres a difference between booing the heel and shitting on someone because you read on the net he has teh drug problemz and he iz te gay!!!!!1111

The ROH crowd likes to hear the sound of its own voice chanting their oh so witty and clever chants too much. There is a difference between that and the heel heat most heels in the WWE get from the non smarts in their crowds ie most of the crowd.

Guest bob_barron
Theres a difference between booing the heel and shitting on someone because you read on the net he has teh drug problemz and he iz te gay!!!!!1111

So I take it you took a survey of the crowd to find out why they booed Jeff Hardy.

I booed Jeff because he sucks- plain and simple.

Guest Jimmy Saint

I was classing the whole crowd as internet fanboy types who are awesome cos they are 'smart' to the business and they like to chant their 'insider' chants at the wrestlers cos they are so cool and clever.

I could'nt really give a fuck about Jeff Hardy. I just don't like smart crowds at wrestling shows. FWA over here are as bad. I'd rather sit with the rubes at All Star and watch American Dragon instead of Brian Danielson.

Guest bob_barron

I didn't notice any insider chants at ROH.

'You Got Fired' is not really insider since well- everyone knows he got fired.

Ring of Honor caters to the smart fan who will inevitably like workrate and people who are passionate about the business. Jeff Hardy has shown none of that.

He had the chance to shut us all up. Instead he goes to NHB radio and calls us idiots

Guest Jimmy Saint

"Go get well" I heard was one of the favourites. Another was "who booked this ? ".

Were you expecting him to say in interviews "those ROH fans gee they really restored all my faith in wrestling. From the moment I went through the curtain, I was gonna try my best for all those great fans"

Guest bob_barron

I didn't hear Go Get Well or Who Booked This.

I did chant We Want Konnan though.

Were you expecting him to say in interviews "those ROH fans gee they really restored all my faith in wrestling. From the moment I went through the curtain, I was gonna try my best for all those great fans"

No- but he shouldn't be calling the fans 'idiots' for booing him after he put on a performance that was beyond bad. He also should respect the crowd's right to form their own opinion.

The ROH crowd likes to hear the sound of its own voice chanting their oh so witty and clever chants too much. There is a difference between that and the heel heat most heels in the WWE get from the non smarts in their crowds ie most of the crowd.

I couldn't have put it better my self mate!

Booing someone you dont like is fair enough Bob, but it can also be direspectful.

If you go to a show with the intention of booing someone before they've even got to the ring, then that IMO is direspectful.

Negative heat towards someone for being crap is fair enough, but you had allready turned on Jeff before he even made it to the ring.

The ROH crowd on saturday had their heads so far up their arses that they were never going to even give the match a chance. They think they have the inside scoop and know more about the business than lowly Jeff Hardy will ever know. Therefore they will take any chance to show how "smart" they are, no matter what effect it has on anyone else.

He had the chance to shut us all up. Instead he goes to NHB radio and calls us idiots

You keep saying that, but on Saturday you didnt give him a chance at all. Booing him before he even made it to the ring is hardly giving him fair chance to impress is it? Fair enough he could still have worked harder in the ring, but it still doesnt make booing him right.

You wouldnt go to a concert and boo the shit out of the band as they cam eon stage and then expect them to give you 110% back for the rest of the show. This is exaclty the same thing.

FWA over here are as bad. I'd rather sit with the rubes at All Star and watch American Dragon instead of Brian Danielson.

I know what your saying, but I think the FWA fans are more respectful as a whole. If Hardy came over here, I honestly dont believe he would get the same treatment. And no its not because Brit fans are dumb, I just think they would give him more of a chance.

The only time I have seen the FWA fans act like idiot is with AmDrag and the mask. The heat he got was uncalled for and should never have happened. I think a lot of fans regret starting the chants, and I dont think we will get anything similar like that again. Crowd burnout and the late start also added to this, but thats another subject.

Guest the 1inch punch

Well, lets see, they give him a chance to re-establish is name on the wrestling circuit at a high profile show that was getting extra publicity due to the Paul London Farewell.

In front of ROH's largest crowd (correct me if im wrong), what does Hardy go out and do,

-Comes out dressed, and acting like a weirdo, and doing the same shtick that i hated in 2000, promptly slips on the ropes, and then does a below par match for fans who could reasonably expect more.

If i was there, i woulda been booing

Guest Jimmy Saint

Chunk yeah I agree that FWA fans would be more respectfull and would probably have given Jeff a good reception then waited a few minutes before the 'smart' shit started up.

I watched Super 8 2003 the other day which was a pretty good show. The funniest moment came when the regular local crowd rebelled against smarky chanters with 'no more bus trips'.

Guest bob_barron
Booing someone you dont like is fair enough Bob, but it can also be direspectful.

This is wrestling- You want the crowd to make noise- or else it results in a dead crowd. And that's bad. If Jeff can't handle being booed- He should get the fuck out.

If you go to a show with the intention of booing someone before they've even got to the ring, then that IMO is direspectful.

I went to RAW with the intention of booing Rosey from Three Minute Warning because he is a heel. Damn my disrespect. I intended to boo CM Punk before he got into the ring.

Negative heat towards someone for being crap is fair enough, but you had allready turned on Jeff before he even made it to the ring.

I don't like Jeff Hardy- I don't think it's right that he was booked for the show and is probably making more then most workers there. So I should cheer him when he comes out?

The ROH crowd on saturday had their heads so far up their arses that they were never going to even give the match a chance.

That's hearsay. You weren't at the show nor have you seen any of the footage. I think you're the one with the head up your ass.

They think they have the inside scoop and know more about the business than lowly Jeff Hardy will ever know.

How does us booing Jeff Hardy mean that we know more about the business then he does?

Therefore they will take any chance to show how "smart" they are, no matter what effect it has on anyone else.

Awwwwwwwwwww- poor Jeff Hardy can't handle being booed.

If he can't handle crowd heat- THEN WHY THE FUCK IS HE IN WRESTLING? What the fuck is his problem?

You know what- Konnan got booed out of the building at Final Battle- Did you hear him complain about it? No. Did you hear him call the people who booed him idiots? No. Konnan ended up showing up to the next show despite his ROH reputation. If Konnan can handle it- why can't Jeff?

You keep saying that, but on Saturday you didnt give him a chance at all.

Jeff could've proved me wrong. I didn't give him a chance -BECAUSE THE MATCH SUCKED. It was sloppy, had no flow, no spectacular spots and was dull. Jeff blew a DDT and did nothing interesting. So it's my fault that Jeff Hardy blew a DDT?

Booing him before he even made it to the ring is hardly giving him fair chance to impress is it?

I do not like Jeff Hardy. Therefore when he comes out- I will boo him. Is that so wrong?

You wouldnt go to a concert and boo the shit out of the band as they cam eon stage and then expect them to give you 110% back for the rest of the show. This is exaclty the same thing.

Your ignorance astounds me in ways I can never imagine.

When I go to a concert- I usually go to see one band.

You're acting like I paid to just go see Jeff Hardy. No- I paid to see a show with great action that would entertain me for the time alloted. Jeff Hardy did not do that.

If I went to a concert featuring a person I did not like- I'd be an idiot.

If Hardy came over here, I honestly dont believe he would get the same treatment.

Give FWA fans a cookie! I hope they would have the balls to express their opinions when a wrestler they do not like and do not want to see comes out.

I just think they would give him more of a chance.

Jeff Hardy was given a chance- he failed.

Guest bob_barron
Chunk yeah I agree that FWA fans would be more respectfull and would probably have given Jeff a good reception then waited a few minutes before the 'smart' shit started up.

I watched Super 8 2003 the other day which was a pretty good show. The funniest moment came when the regular local crowd rebelled against smarky chanters with 'no more bus trips'.

Damn the fans for wanting to make noise at a wrestling show. Who ever heard of such a horrible thing? Fans having fun at a wrestling show and being vocal- CRUCIFY THEM!~

Guest bob_barron

Well, lets see, they give him a chance to re-establish is name on the wrestling circuit at a high profile show that was getting extra publicity due to the Paul London Farewell.

In front of ROH's largest crowd (correct me if im wrong), what does Hardy go out and do,

-Comes out dressed, and acting like a weirdo, and doing the same shtick that i hated in 2000, promptly slips on the ropes, and then does a below par match for fans who could reasonably expect more.

If i was there, i woulda been booing

The fact that WWE fired Jeff Hardy and hired Paul London actually means that Vince DOES have a brain.

Guest the 1inch punch

This is wrestling- You want the crowd to make noise- or else it results in a dead crowd. And that's bad. If Jeff can't handle being booed- He should get the fuck out.

I went to RAW with the intention of booing Rosey from Three Minute Warning because he is a heel. Damn my disrespect. I intended to boo CM Punk before he got into the ring.

I don't like Jeff Hardy- I don't think it's right that he was booked for the show and is probably making more then most workers there. So I should cheer him when he comes out?

The ROH crowd on saturday had their heads so far up their arses that they were never going to even give the match a chance.

That's hearsay. You weren't at the show nor have you seen any of the footage. I think you're the one with the head up your ass.

They think they have the inside scoop and know more about the business than lowly Jeff Hardy will ever know.

How does us booing Jeff Hardy mean that we know more about the business then he does?

Therefore they will take any chance to show how "smart" they are, no matter what effect it has on anyone else.

Awwwwwwwwwww- poor Jeff Hardy can't handle being booed.

If he can't handle crowd heat- THEN WHY THE FUCK IS HE IN WRESTLING? What the fuck is his problem?

You know what- Konnan got booed out of the building at Final Battle- Did you hear him complain about it? No. Did you hear him call the people who booed him idiots? No. Konnan ended up showing up to the next show despite his ROH reputation. If Konnan can handle it- why can't Jeff?

You keep saying that, but on Saturday you didnt give him a chance at all.

Jeff could've proved me wrong. I didn't give him a chance -BECAUSE THE MATCH SUCKED. It was sloppy, had no flow, no spectacular spots and was dull. Jeff blew a DDT and did nothing interesting. So it's my fault that Jeff Hardy blew a DDT?

Booing him before he even made it to the ring is hardly giving him fair chance to impress is it?

I do not like Jeff Hardy. Therefore when he comes out- I will boo him. Is that so wrong?

Your ignorance astounds me in ways I can never imagine.

When I go to a concert- I usually go to see one band.

You're acting like I paid to just go see Jeff Hardy. No- I paid to see a show with great action that would entertain me for the time alloted. Jeff Hardy did not do that.

If I went to a concert featuring a person I did not like- I'd be an idiot.

If Hardy came over here, I honestly dont believe he would get the same treatment.

Give FWA fans a cookie! I hope they would have the balls to express their opinions when a wrestler they do not like and do not want to see comes out.

I just think they would give him more of a chance.

Jeff Hardy was given a chance- he failed.

Stands up and Gives Bob an round of applause

Bob, if I get to go, I really wanna meet you at the 8/16 show

Guest Jimmy Saint
Damn the fans for wanting to make noise at a wrestling show. Who ever heard of such a horrible thing? Fans having fun at a wrestling show and being vocal- CRUCIFY THEM!~

I'd rather the crowd sit in silence like recent NJPW crowds untill the end of the match than chant stupid smart shit at wrestlers and the promotion trying to get themselves over as insiders to the business. If they acted like a EMLL crowd making a shitload of noise all the time cheering on the faces and booing the heels I would have no problem.

See I have no problem at all with real proper wrestling heat that comes from wrestling feuds, heel and babyface work, great matches, crowd baiting promos etc.... ROH has these on the rare occasion but also way too much stupid smart chants and too much sitting on their hands, clapping ocasionly for some flip flop shit. The locals were having none of that shit at the super 8 and it was probably the loudest and most passionate chant of the night telling the bus trip lot where to go with the way they were acting.

Like I think I said to you on another thread I really enjoyed the Xavier vs London match from the 1 year anni.. show as it was real neat match with London playing the beat up babyface getting proper loud heat and Xaiver being a dick baiting the crowd. ROH needs more of this and less of the awfull 3 way spotfest that went before it and the Special K bs that followed it.

Guest the 1inch punch
See I have no problem at all with real proper wrestling heat that comes from wrestling feuds, heel and babyface work, great matches, crowd baiting promos etc.... ROH has these on the rare occasion but also way too much stupid smart chants and too much sitting on their hands, clapping ocasionly for some flip flop shit. The locals were having none of that shit at the super 8 and it was probably the loudest and most passionate chant of the night telling the bus trip lot where to go with the way they were acting.

And if all the bustrippers(whichh, as of the 8/16 show will include me) went away, thered be nothing but locals there, no passion in the audience and no energy, and Hardy could do his crap, hear the lil girls squeal and claim that he's wanted again.

Bus Trippers are real wrestling fans, who by their nature, are going out of their way to see a wrestling show, and because it costs them more, they can chant what they want at who they want

Guest Jimmy Saint

Real wrestling fans are the old guy at every All Star show who is about 75 still thinks it all real and trys to hit the heels with his walking stick whenever they get near him. Or the Technico section of the EMLL crowd who just go apeshit for all the babyfaces ALL THE TIME every single show.

Not a crowd full of people who are wanting to chant things like "who booked this" and to see something so they can go on the net and talk about the "MOTYC" they just saw.

Guest bob_barron

A real wrestling fan is someone who pays their hard earned money to go to a wrestling show.

The bus trip costs a lot of money and is very time consuming- the people who go have a passion for ROH and they should be allowed to chant whatever they want

Guest the 1inch punch
Not a crowd full of people who are wanting to chant things like "who booked this" and to see something so they can go on the net and talk about the "MOTYC" they just saw.

They pay money to see the show, they can chant what they want.

The fundamental point, that you see to be missing, is that America is a democracy and Bob, and everyone else at the show, were able to say and chant whatver they wanted, because of freedom of speech.

Did Hardy deserve it? probably Not, right up until he actuallly started wrestling and stinking the joint up.

For him to then turn around and call the crowd idiots is pretty damn insulting, considering he did nothing to justify any cheers that he was probably expecting

Guest Jimmy Saint

I do pay to goto shows. I am saying that I would rather sit with the rubes than sit with a crowd full of smarts chanting shit only to get themeselves over about how smart and clever they are to the business.

The ROH lot can shout whatever they want I am not saying they can't. I enjoy parts of ROH but the live crowd 90% of the time ain't one of them.

If like at Super 8 you have 20-30 people chanting smart shit like "who booked this" and the rest of the crowd not liking that they should have the right to tell them to piss off and don't come back.

Guest Anglesault
I'd rather the crowd sit in silence like recent NJPW crowds untill the end of the match than chant stupid smart shit at wrestlers and the promotion trying to get themselves over as insiders to the business. If they acted like a EMLL crowd making a shitload of noise all the time cheering on the faces and booing the heels I would have no problem.

What if the heel is a guy like Matt Hardy? A heel that has won people over with his character?

Guest the 1inch punch
I do pay to goto shows. I am saying that I would rather sit with the rubes than sit with a crowd full of smarts chanting shit only to get themeselves over about how smart and clever they are to the business.

The ROH lot can shout whatever they want I am not saying they can't. I enjoy parts of ROH but the live crowd 90% of the time ain't one of them.

If like at Super 8 you have 20-30 people chanting smart shit like "who booked this" and the rest of the crowd not liking that they should have the right to tell them to piss off and don't come back.

When I went to the first WWA show here in Ireland I ended up sitting beside a five yearold who, at one point in the show, turned around to his dad and asked when The Rock was coming out.

I'd rather sit with Bob Barron, because I then know that people beside me are intelligent and better than "the rubes"

And, youre rather hypocritical, you say the real ROH fans shouldnt chant "who booked this", but yet you want the others to tell them to fuck off....Right

Guest Jimmy Saint
When I went to the first WWA show here in Ireland I ended up sitting beside a five yearold who, at one point in the show, turned around to his dad and asked when The Rock was coming out.

I'd rather sit with Bob Barron, because I then know that people beside me are intelligent and better than "the rubes"

And, youre rather hypocritical, you say the real ROH fans shouldnt chant "who booked this", but yet you want the others to tell them to fuck off....Right

Freedom of speech, they paid to see the show etc. Yes I agree I ain't saying they arn't allowed to chant their stupid 'insider' oh so witty comments.

I am saying smart chants piss me off. I have stated a number of times why this is.

Me I'd rather sit with 10'000 rubes in Mexico going apeshit as Santo takes to the ring than goto a ROH show anyway....