TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Markingout

Paul London to not work TNA?

Guest Markingout

"WWE has signed top independent wrestler Paul London to a developmental contract. London, who is an exceptional talent, had been working for NWA-TNA, Ring of Honor and the ZERO-ONE promotion in Japan. He is expected to start in Ohio Valley Wrestling as soon as possible."

Does this mean he cant work TNA,ROH,MLW,and Zero One?

Guest ShooterJay

basically, yeah. Unless my remote hope of Cornette allowing him to stay in ROH until he's called up comes true. (Cornette make a ROH appearance August 9th).

Guest Kid Kablam

Didn't the WWE decide to allow workers who weren't making appearences to wrestle for other promotions? I thought the idea was that workers could augment their income if they weren't actively apearing on tv or house shows.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That won't work for TNA, but he could do ROH if they still allow that.

We're done seeing him on Wednesdays.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Did he ever get his X Title shot against Sabin?

Guest bob_barron
Did he ever get his X Title shot against Sabin?

Yea- He lost to Sabin via CM Punk interference

Guest JustinCredible2k

Stupid WWE. They flaunt their money getting all the good talent out their. Paul London should have stayed as an indy wrester. Mainly because he wont be in any good matches. All the matches WWE does suck now. At least in an indy promotion he could do any move or anything without worrying about what he can and cant do whil wrestling with the WWE.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

They may have signed a good wrestler but now they will neuter him and we've seen the last of Paul London great worker.

Guest Raven_Effect01
They may have signed a good wrestler but now they will neuter him and we've seen the last of Paul London great worker.

Damn right, unfortunately. Paul, I hope you and your training buddy Spanky enjoy jobbing on Velocity for the rest of your careers...

Guest Dynamite Kido

Don't get me wrong I am pissed he signed too, but then again nobody made him sign......

Guest J-Rock

All we can dream of now is that London could have a decent debut that can put him over for a month before he jobs to A-Trian. Hopefully, they'll team him up with Spanky and become a good tag (Oh, my fault, this is the WWE I'm talking about). It's too logical for them.

Guest Miss Independant

To us, yes teaming Spanky and Paul together would be logical, but the majority of the viewing audience wouldn't know London from a hole in the ground. Give them some back story, *then* team them up. Slapdash tag teams always come off as... well... slapdash.

Also, he won't be able to do shit indy-wise untill he's deprogrammed. And they really, actually call it deprogramming when you call. We'll just have to wait and see if they butcher his move set. They might not, ya never know.

Guest ShooterJay

London's moveset is basically:

Spinning heel kick

Hayabusa-style dropkick

Modified Evenflow DDT

London Star Press

Assorted dives to the outside

Other than the LSP, everything else is acceptable in WWE land. Spanky's moveset is pretty intact too.

The only thing I think that would hamper him is MUCH shorter match times.

Guest BrokenWings

The more I think of this, the more depressing it seems. Good for him though. But yes, the long classic matches are certainly behind us, at least for a long time.

Everyone keeps suiting him up for Smackdown.. here's a scary thought which keeps coming to mind - what if they made him Evolution's fourth member now? :(

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

He's too small.

Evolution's fourth member is supposed to be an "enforcer" type