TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BoboBrazil

TNA News From The 7/14 Observer

Guest BoboBrazil

1. Terry Funk is supposed to debut on the 7/16 show as a surprise.

2. TNA was attempting to open up a relationship with CMLL by using Shocker and Negro Casas on 7/9 and also using Ultimo Guerrero and Rey Bucanero in the future to face Storm and Harris, but it appears to have all fallen apart. Casas made the deal with Konnan for him and Shocker to be in a 4 way with Kazarian and London, with Kazarian beating London since they didn't want to job Shocker or Casas in their first week. After they were advertised on the show Casas called TNA and Shocker couldn't make it because he had signed a 4 show deal with a promoter in New York and was afraid of getting sued. This appears to be a cover story because noone can find the promoter's name. Apparently Casas hadn't cleared the deal with his boss Paco Alonso. When Alonso found out he wouldn't let Casas, Shocker, or anyone else go because of the involvement of Konnan. Alonso is still furious at Konnan for raiding him company in 1992 when AAA was formed.

3. Hard 10 matches are scheduled to continue.

Guest the 1inch punch

A surprise for who

It cant be a face (i.e Raven) because Funk will get a MONSTER reaction going out there

Guest BoboBrazil

A surprise for fans. I'm sure he will be involved in a hardcore match.

OK, Bob. You care to continue flame TNA because of them not having Shocker and Casas at the show? Same goes for everyone else. I want to hear what you have to say now.

Guest bob_barron
OK, Bob. You care to continue flame TNA because of them not having Shocker and Casas at the show? Same goes for everyone else. I want to hear what you have to say now.

TNA should've been more careful- I would be shitting on WWE if the same thing occured.

At least Mike Tenay apologised

Guest bob_barron

They should've been more careful on what talent they choose. In the end- they have to take the blame- That's how it works.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

This is shit.

I'm sick of seeing it because of the shit it is.

If they had appeared the next week as scheduled without being advertised everyone would have bitched that they WEREN'T ADVERTISED IN ADVANCE.

So they were.

Then a problem arose on THEIR END.

So TNA MADE SURE EVERYONE KNEW THEY WOULDN'T BE THERE PRIOR TO THE SHOW AND THEN APOLOGIZED FOR THEM ON THE SHOW.

TNA did EVERYTHING right here.

Everything.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'll make it even easier.

When Wednesday at 8 rolled around last week...

were you expecting to see Shocker and Casas on the show?

If not...then let it go.

TNA did their job.

Guest bob_barron

I was only responding to what syxx said- Mike Tenay's explanation was the right to do and made me a pleased TNA viewer.

Syxx called me out and I responded

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Bout fucking time they land Funk. I love the guy. Although i have this weird feeling we'll see a variation on the Funk in the Box angle from ECW; Sandman Vs Chastain, pulls out Funk, faces beat down Chastain & possibly Callis. Funk would at least make the Hard 10 semi entertaining with the crazy old bastard selling & such.

No Shocker or Casas? Big deal. I've gone this long without seeing them, i think i can pull through not seeing them for longer. That's just the way the luchador bounces.

Guest ConspiracyVictim
TNA did EVERYTHING right here.

Your actually correct. I put most of the blame on Konnan in this case because he of all people knows how things work in Mexico and he knows that EVERYONE down there has been pissed off at him for years. So why would he even try to strike a deal with CMLL workers (a company he hasnt had connections with since like 1991) when he knows how things work down there and that both men work for CMLL. There were plenty of other Luchadores he could have called up without having to go through all these politics and having TNA go through all the changes. Oh well though, Shocker and Casas are still on TV every week so I guess everyone is happy.

Guest Deviant

I've only seen 2 or 3 Hard 10 matches, that was enough, more than enough.

I have all the respect in the world for Terry Funk, but every time he shows up somewhere I cringe and beg him to retire.

Pity about the CMLL talent.

I would like to see Halloween and Damien, or whoever Konnan's tag team was. Sorry, not all that well versed in lucha, but the team that Konnan brought in to face Lynn were very good and I've only had the opportunity to see them a handful of times.

Guest geniusMoment

I agree with bob on this one, TNA should make sure they have the guys in the fold before making any announcements. Little things like that kill off fan support and good will, also censoring the heel section is going to come back to haunt them.

I've never seen Shocker or Casas. I was looking forward to them, but my watching TNA was not based on only them two. They were just trying to tell people who's gonna be on in advance, which was what some people wanted. At least they apologized and told everyone beforehand.

Guest eirejmcmahon

Any word on whether Shocker or Casas had signed contracts to appear on last week's show ?

Guest JacK

Wow . . . Funk's from ECW; I really hope they don't stick him with Raven; I'm getting a bit sick of Raven constantly being attacked by ex-ECW guys, it's so very annoying. . . especially since I STILL haven't seen him wrestle since he left WWE (long story, each TNA I've seen in Aus he didn't wrestle on . . . missed a whole bunch due to lack of PayTV).

Oh well . . . The Hard 10 concept itself is interesting; with the whole points system, but once you transfer it to reality it's just stupid. I think Jerry Lynn said it to a tee; when he said he could just stand there and belt someone 10 times with a weapon for a win in some interview.

Having said that, it would provide something a bit different in a videogame, something that's been mooted for TNA for some time. It might even be 'fun' and 'entertaining' in a video game, two words that most people would never have thought could be associated with the much lambasted 'Hard 10' concept.

Terry Funk will probably be involved in Hard 10 matches, because when Terry Funk isn't hitting someone over the head or getting hit with something over his head, he is pretty boring because he's just too old.

Guest Lemon Drop Kid

Shame we don't get Bucaneero/Guerrero vs AMW (or *sniff* vs XXX)

I wonder how TNA will sort out it's ever changing roster when it comes time to make their video game.

Imagine if they had produced one when the show first started?

Featuring:

Jeff Jarrett

Brian Christopher

Ken Shamrock

CHEEKS~!

THe Johnsons

Scott Hall

Psicosis

AJ Styles

Francine

Elektra

Ed Ferrera