TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Feedback for Tom's LXG Review

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I like movies and can count to ten.

I think *I* fit the qualifications for TSM movie reviewer.

But I'm also very lazy.

Guest Ripper

I ate at a resturant that Roger Ebert's, cousin's, sister-in-law's, neighbor's, cat's vet's, assistant's, mother's, gardener's nephew might have eaten at.

Clearly I have more qualifications than you all.

Guest evenflowDDT
As someone who has written movie reviews for a legit film website. I think *I* should be doing it instead of the amateurs you have now.

I admit my amateur status, however I'd call myself a "professional amateur", meaning I'm an amateur not in experience (I've actually been writing film reviews for several years, and man have I developed...hopefully I continue to as I take more film classes and such in college), but just in the fact that I don't get paid for my services (and with my sporadic output, I wouldn't expect to at this time, although I'd like to get a portfolio together some day, even if it's just for some cult site or something, maybe not even for pay, but for free product so I could actually review a new release for a change).

Anyway...I'm actually curious in reading some of your work Zsasz. Care to point me to a review on the site you wrote for? Same goes for J*ingus and barron, bps and Bruiser and anyone else who considers me "one of the amateurs [TSM] has now". I'm not angry by any means, but if everyone thinks I suck, I'd like to know how I can improve.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Well, since I didn't even mention anything about "the amateurs writing for the site," I'd like to not be grouped in with those who did. I just mocked what they said. Personally, I think that everyone's writing improves as long as they keep writing and look for ways to improve on it. The latter is quite important, because without it, nothing changes. I recall reading Zsasz's Batman movie script and thinking it was pretty well-done, but nothing in the way of actual movie reviewing. As for the others, CJ's the only one that I've seen a movie review from.

Guest evenflowDDT

Oh, I wasn't referring to you or CJ Alex (by the way, I liked your debut column, I think reviewing tapes as unique/rare/unreviewed as that is a good way of "distinguishing" yourself, even if it's just as a reviewer of the obscure).

Oops, now that I re-read what I posted yes I was. Sorry man, I guess I got caught in the heat of the moment. Maybe I was more taken aback by this thread than I thought I was. Sorry about that man.

Guest J*ingus

Hell, I was just kidding. Pretty much any movie reviews I've written are now so old that the sites they were on don't exist anymore.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
As someone who has written movie reviews for a legit film website. I think *I* should be doing it instead of the amateurs you have now.

I admit my amateur status, however I'd call myself a "professional amateur", meaning I'm an amateur not in experience (I've actually been writing film reviews for several years, and man have I developed...hopefully I continue to as I take more film classes and such in college), but just in the fact that I don't get paid for my services (and with my sporadic output, I wouldn't expect to at this time, although I'd like to get a portfolio together some day, even if it's just for some cult site or something, maybe not even for pay, but for free product so I could actually review a new release for a change).

Anyway...I'm actually curious in reading some of your work Zsasz. Care to point me to a review on the site you wrote for? Same goes for J*ingus and barron, bps and Bruiser and anyone else who considers me "one of the amateurs [TSM] has now". I'm not angry by any means, but if everyone thinks I suck, I'd like to know how I can improve.

In my youth (read: Freshman Year od HS) I did a few reviews for www.movie-vault.com under the name William McGuire

Guest godthedog

fuck, i'll do reviews. i already watch like five movies every week, i might as well write something about them.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Only if you write them in french and provide subtitles.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

My latest is in my sig for anyone interested.

Not in French, but POLISH. OMG~!

Guest goodhelmet

damn, i thought the last section to offer up some controversy would be the pop culture section.

for all of you..

tom is the "resident new movie release guy" but no one has ever cockblocked anyone from putting up anything on the front page as far as i can remember. if you feel like putting up a review on a recent movie... go right ahead. with a couple of exceptions, tom is the only one who has been consistent.

for cj...

i'll be the first to admit that i am your biggest fan...or 2nd biggest fan. either way, i absolutely look forward to every single one of your dvd reviews. you have turned me on to so many good movies, i have little reason to ask anyone else about good flicks that only earned a couple of grand. with that said, you filet niche, tom fills a niche, flow fills a need etc.

ps... you are not serious about barron, are you? are you?

for bps...

you are also free to write movie reviews if you desire. hell, i let sault put up his disney dvd reviews for chrissakes.

for everyone...

just don't plagiarise. rock on my brothers.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I hate CJ, that's common knowledge.

That being said I am a fan of his reviews. He's a good writer and even in my bias I can't deny that.

Guest Crucifixio Jones
I hate CJ, that's common knowledge.

That being said I am a fan of his reviews. He's a good writer and even in my bias I can't deny that.

Awwwwww. :wub:

Guest evenflowDDT
fuck, i'll do reviews. i already watch like five movies every week, i might as well write something about them.

Actually, seeing as how you've turned me on to many movies (even if the majority of them aren't available in my area...damn Hollywood, good for trashy horror, bad for classy foreign/art), and are able to discuss them, compare them, and otherwise analyze and do intelligent stuff with them, I'd be very interested in you either doing reviews or keeping up that "stuff I've seen this week" thread.