TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

Connecting a PC to a VCR

I need to connect my PC to a VCR or TV so that I can make a video tape of wha is being played on the PC. (For a video tutorial I am making of how to use a PC).

My question is, is this possible?

Im thinking I could get a cable that goes from the monitor out on port on my PC, to a Scart /Coaxial connector that I could plug into my VCR/TV. Does such a cable exist?

I have a TV card in my PC, but im 90% sure it only takes signal in and not signal out.

Does anyone have any sites, tips, advice for me?

Thanks.

Guest I'm That Damn Zzzzz

Get a video card with good tv out.

I read that ATI All in Wonder cards consistantly have excellent tv out.

Guest Insane Bump Machine

Yes, you need a video card with TV out. It may even be possible to still get an old PCI card if you don't want to replace your existing AGP card. You'll also have to connect your soundcard to the VCR if you want to have sound because the video card will only transfer, well, video.

Guest Razor Roman

you can also buy something called a scan convertor that will convert a VGA signal to S-Video or Composite video. You won't have to open your case to use that. Most of them connect to your VGA out and you can plug your monitor into them.

Guest Razor Roman

http://www.kvm-switches-online.com/vc1024.html

This one is a bit pricey and you can find one cheaper if you do a little research, but this company is reputable (we order from them all the time at work) and htis one is fully featured. See what it does and compare it to what you need, then look for something a little cheaper.

http://www.kvm-switches-online.com/vc1024.html

This one is a bit pricey and you can find one cheaper if you do a little research, but this company is reputable (we order from them all the time at work) and htis one is fully featured. See what it does and compare it to what you need, then look for something a little cheaper.

That looks like exactly the sort of thing im after. Does this take care of the sound as well, or do you have to have something extra for sound?

What do you think the cheapest price I could get one for would be?