TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

Worst Injury You've Seen On TV?

I guess Sid is probably a given, but Eddie in his first WWF match when his elbow went out and also Scott Putski at, erm, I think it was Ground Zero against Brian Christopher in 1997 was pretty bad too see too when he kneecap went half way up his thigh.

Y'know if any of these were worked, I'm gonna be damn embarrassed...

Guest Choken One

Nope...All was Legit.

Hell Don't worry...I brought that stupid "SHAWN HAS POST-CONCUSSION SYNDROME" crapola for like 6 months.

Guest Fook_Hing_Ho

6 months?

Hell, I bought it until I got on the net four years later and found out it was a work.

Guest Choken One

Yeah...I found the IWC 6 months after that...

Before that I really though Texas Tornado was the Ultimate Warrior and Superfly fell off a building.

Guest eiker_ir

remember Kanyon and Raven breaking Villano 9128 neck with a powerbomb/neckbraker...

i guess thats it

Guest Memphis

As funny as the situation is surrounding our man Kevin Nash, the injury he suffered on RAW looked fucking painful to say the least.

I actually felt bad for initially laughing as he lay on the mat, in absolute agony, screaming his lungs out while clutching his leg.

Pretty vicious.

M

Guest Choken One

Yeah...Thanks to WCW replaying it like 1847 times...

No wonder every one thought it was an Angle...

Notice WWE hasn't shown Lesnar SPLATTING his neck since the week after Mania?

Guest Youth N Asia

I was 2nd row for Tony Mamaluke's gaurdrail sault...but he walked away from it.

Sid's still creeps me out

Guest Choken One

I can't even LOOK at Sid's...

It reminds me of Jason Kendall's injury as well...

Guest eiker_ir

Sid's one is indeed pretty sick

and i too felt bad when Nash got injured last summer, all the hype and everything and he gets injured in 10 seconds, really i felt bad for him

Yeah...Thanks to WCW replaying it like 1847 times...

No wonder every one thought it was an Angle...

Notice WWE hasn't shown Lesnar SPLATTING his neck since the week after Mania?

Yep that one was the reverse of the HBK passing out for me.

I thought that Buff Bagwell's was a work because he stood up out of the wheelchair weeks later and attacked Rick Steiner.

HBK's I thought was real until years later.

Guest anikolas

It wasn't weeks later that Buff stood up, it was months, man. He had quite a bit of rehab to do.

Guest notJames

I don't know if this counts, but on one edition of GLOW, one of the girls tried doing a cartwheel and ended up hyperextending her elbow. It was so bad that the end of her arm bone went clear through her skin. It was pretty gruesome.

The funny part was that the announcer (I forget his name) played it off like her opponent did this to her, when it was abundantly clear that she did it to herself.

Y'know, there comes a point where you just have to let the keyfabe die and deal with the fact that someone is injured out there.

Guest evilhomer

Hell in a Cell, after Mankind fell through the cage. The image of him with his own tooth sticking out of his nose was particularly disturbing to me.

Guest Stunt Granny

Shane McMahon's landing on the top of his head on concrete at KoR 2001. You can head the most disgusting "Thud". Just a nasty match.

Guest razazteca

I saw a luchadore who looked like a devil named Grendal or something have the same exact injury that Sid had. I also saw Atlantis or was it Olympico have toe surgery on tv. And then there is Invader 3? he spit up blood after a top rope knee drop from Manny Fernadez during a Puerto Rico match, not sure if this was real or not.

Galavision rules~

Guest nWoScorpion

Nothing can top Sids, unless you were in attendance at the WWF PPV everyone wants to forget (No not SSeries 97).

I thought Buff broke his own neck when he botched something Steiner did to him (Bulldog I think?)

Guest Super Leather
And then there is Invader 3? he spit up blood after a top rope knee drop from Manny Fernadez during a Puerto Rico match, not sure if this was real or not.

I think it was discussed in the "Old School" folder, but that injury was a work. Invader 3 drank something pretty nasty to make himself puke up all of that blood.

I have to admit, when Nash injured his leg, I laughed my ass off. I felt that it was his comeuppance for all of his talk about how he'd get into the ring drunk and halfass his way through a match all the time. It seemed so typical that Big Lazy would blow out his leg by simply walking across the ring. Later on I felt bad for laughing at someone else's misfortunes, but...

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Sid's is by far the worst non death injury in history. I've seen it a few times, & i can't ever get past the look he gets or the look the fans in the front row get.

But the worst of all time? 2 words: Mass Transit.

Sid's is by far the worst non death injury in history. I've seen it a few times, & i can't ever get past the look he gets or the look the fans in the front row get.

But the worst of all time? 2 words: Mass Transit.

Bah I saw the Mass Transit video and thought the whole thing was blown out of proportion.

Not that it wasn't bad, but people made it sound like his whole forehead was ripped open and flooding the ring.

Guest swilk

-Curt Hennig slamming the cage door on Ric Flair's face was pretty sick (War Games)

-On an episode of Nitro, Booker T was wrestling Mortis (Kanyon). It might've been a TV title match.

Mortis went to do a Frankensteiner to Booker (sitting on top rope). Booker reversed it into a middle rope power bomb. The only problem was that Booker fell forward with Mortis!

Booker folded Mortis in half with all his body weight coming down on top of him. Booker then whipped Mortis into the ropes (I thought he was in slow mo) and connected with a stiff side kick. 1-2-3.

-Macho Man cracking his jaw on the guard rail after Hogan moved out of the way of a flying ax handle. I think this was legit. If not, Macho did a helluva job selling it.

Guest eiker_ir

whenever Sabu would break or dislocate something, and he just taped it up and continued wrestling, crazy

Guest ViciousFish

Nah Sid's is the best because Steiner kicked him.

Talk about roid rage