TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

Worst Injury You've Seen On TV?

Guest TheGame2705

Bagwell slipped out the back. Rick fell on the floor and Buff fell knocking his head on Rick's back.

Guest bravesfan
Steiner partially whiffed on the bulldog. IIRC, Bagwell tried to keep up with Steiner's momentum, but instead jammed his neck into Rick's back.

Bagwell slipped out the back. Rick fell on the floor and Buff fell knocking his head on Rick's back.

Damn.

I stand corrected.

Thanks for clearing the air Game.

also Scott Putski at, erm, I think it was Ground Zero against Brian Christopher in 1997 was pretty bad too see too when he kneecap went half way up his thigh.

How did this happen?

I never heard of this injury, until now, so I'm kinda curious.

As for the worst injury I've seen on TV, or even a video clip: Sid's injury, hands-down.

also Scott Putski at, erm, I think it was Ground Zero against Brian Christopher in 1997 was pretty bad too see too when he kneecap went half way up his thigh.

How did this happen?

Brian Christopher threw him over the top rope and then jumped on top of him and Putski's left (I think) knee just kinda 'went' and he he knee cap lept up to his thigh. It really didn't look good.

BUT Jerry Lawler then left his commetry position with Vince and made fun of Putski for being a "quitter" and saying Brian Christopher would never quit. That's why I'm still not sure if it was a work or not, although how you'd fake a dislocated knee cap I have no idea.

Guest TonyJaymzV1

The Putski icident was legit. I think Lawler and Christopher was just trying to keep in character as asshole heels and yet still be able to check on him.

This is the reason Putski went from a pretty good middle to junior weight to a forgetable brawler.

Guest Choken One

Didn't he return to WCW and get a push for about 3 weeks for the TV title or something?

Guest BAR
Nope...Sid hasn't been mentioned at all

::Puts on Roger Waters voice:: Is that a hint of accusation in your eyes?

Guest TonyJaymzV1

Putski never had the TV title (thank you PWI Almanac) but I think he did have a brief Saturday NIght fued with Alex Wright, don't really know though.

Guest Mad the Swine

Though it's nowhere near as gruesome as most of these, Sting blowing out his knee out wasn't pretty.

Jericho almost had his head taken off after a botched top rope move by Gedo at Halloween Havoc one year.

Of course, Sid's is the worst I've ever seen. And that includes Garrison Hearst as well as watching and listening to a high school kid that broke his leg after tripping over first base.

Guest Slingshot Suplex

The guy in ECW that did the "Sid"......jumped off the top rope and shattered his leg..it's on the Hardcore History dvd but I don't know his name. But you can hear the snap......

I don't think this was ever on tv but Sabu doing the triple jump moonsault mouthfirst onto a table leg made me and Youth N Asia cringe in the middle of a large mall.

Was Perry Saturn blowing out his knee in ECW ever on tv?

Eddie Gilbert messed up his knee or his leg in a match with Kevin Sullivan at Cobo in Detroit. That wasn't on tv either.Just the topic made me remember it.

Brian Christopher threw him over the top rope and then jumped on top of him and Putski's left (I think) knee just kinda 'went' and he he knee cap lept up to his thigh. It really didn't look good.

That sounds rather gruesome.

It even hurts just thinking about it.

And that includes Garrison Hearst as well

I agree, that injury was pretty bad.

Guest Insane Bump Machine

pretty amazing that Sabu breaking his neck against Benoit hasn't been mentioned yet.

Also Hayabusa's botched Lionsault where he got paralyzed.

Both of those are tough to watch, especially Hayabusa, knowing that he's still not able to walk (I think).

Guest Deviant
Jericho almost had his head taken off after a botched top rope move by Gedo at Halloween Havoc one year.

Holy crap, I just downloaded that, talk about your coincidences. Well, now I have to watch that match! It was from the DDP-Savage HH btw.

Whoa, that was cool, how did Jericho get right back up from that? Mustn't have been as bad as it looked. Other than that losing balance top rope rana, that match had nothing, really disappointing considering who was in it.

Guest Choken One

Gedo is a Disapointment? What's new...

You should have known at that point nothing with Gedo is all that much to harp at.

Guest Youth N Asia

I think it was a Headhunter that broke his leg in ECW. Nastier then Sid's injury, just less famous.

Guest Thunder Rising!!!
The guy in ECW that did the "Sid"......jumped off the top rope and shattered his leg..it's on the Hardcore History dvd but I don't know his name. But you can hear the snap......

I don't think this was ever on tv but Sabu doing the triple jump moonsault mouthfirst onto a table leg made me and Youth N Asia cringe in the middle of a large mall.

Was Perry Saturn blowing out his knee in ECW ever on tv?

Eddie Gilbert messed up his knee or his leg in a match with Kevin Sullivan at Cobo in Detroit. That wasn't on tv either.Just the topic made me remember it.

Yeah that was one of the Headhunter, you can hear the SNAP and that was the 1st and last time i saw the bonus materials from Hardcore History.

Sid and the Headhunter were two of the worst I've seen. They're up there with Theismann.

The worst part about Headhunter was after he SNAPPED his leg, he then proceeded to get caned pnce or twice by The Sadman. Talk about your bad days, eh?

Wait a minute,.........Wanst the guy whoo broke his leg in ECW a new guy who had been around the indies? I don't think it was a headhunter.

Another gruesome one was JT Smith from ECW going for a Suicide diver over the top to the outside nad landing on his fuckin FACE. You can hear his damn skull thud on the floor. The guy had as big a knot on his head as HAsim Rahman against Holyfield, and STILL finished and won the damn match even though he looked like he was out of it for a few minutes after that.

Guest Thunder Rising!!!

I believe he is one of the headhunters as i saw another guy similar to him in the ring though i can't bother to tell the difference between the 2 because i have only seen 2 of their matches.

Guest TheGame2705
Steiner partially whiffed on the bulldog. IIRC, Bagwell tried to keep up with Steiner's momentum, but instead jammed his neck into Rick's back.

Damn.

I stand corrected.

Thanks for clearing the air Game.

The way you made it sound was that Steiner blew the spot.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Not nearly as gruesome but Sid gave the powerbomb to the blonde headed jobber who held the tag titles with Rick Steiner for a bit, anyways, the powerbomb was fine, but Sid always dropped down knee first in between his fallen opponents legs then stretched across the chest for the pin. That time, he completely missed the mat and his knee came down right on the poor fools crotch. He was supposed to be unconscious but I've never seen a man's eyes so big frankly.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Yeah, Kaos, Sid beat him about 6 times during his Millennium Streak crap and everytime he dropped the knee down and every time except once, he missed his genitalia. But man, that one mistake musta been hell.

Guest Choken One

gotta feel for the guy...

He spend 6 years in Exhile on Jobberville...gets "elevated" just so Sid could squash his nuts.

Guest crandamaniac

Taka's injury at the Royal Rumble (where his head bounced about 8 inches on the mats) was pretty bad.

Guest JAxlMorrison
-Macho Man cracking his jaw on the guard rail after Hogan moved out of the way of a flying ax handle. I think this was legit. If not, Macho did a helluva job selling it.

Ah, I remember that one. Macho vs. Hogan, Nitro main event for the 28th time. I was surprised Savage wasn't spitting teeth after that, it looked really nasty.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

I was gonna mention Hayabusa. I was at the board when the story first broke and a link was posted that had footage of it. I was too much of a pussy to watch, but I had read a post that said he was folded in a C shape or something when he botched the move. That alone is fucking terrifying.

Sid's leg breaking is probably the most gruesome injury to be viewed by a big audience. The way it was just hanging there while he was screaming in agony on the mat.