TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

Sean Mooney

What the Hell happened to Sean Mooney? That last thing I think featured him was the Countdown to Wrestlemania IX, but since then he's vanished. Surely he could do a better job than any of the idiots that do the re-cap shows (then again my next door neighboroughs cat could do better than Josh Matthews).

Guest Frankie Williams

After leaving the WWF he did the local news here in New York City for a while.

Guest kingkamala

I used to pose as Sean Mooney on Yahoo chatrooms around 98/99.....those were the days.

Guest Bruiser Chong

The last Mooney appearance in the WWF as I remember it was in late 1992, when they ran an angle where Mooney was on his honeymoon and they had a camera in the room. Mooney discovered it and the camera man and punched him out. Pettingail (I can't spell the guy's name) appeared in early January of 1993, seemingly as an unspoken replacement for Sean.

Guest drdrainoscott

I remember seeing him a few years ago on the Home Shopping Network selling one of those 10,000 baseball cards for $50 deals.

Guest bort

i think i remeber mooney doing like an informercal for some special type of golf clubs, it may have been tood pentigil though , i cant really remeber

Guest BAR

Invasion 1992 is a must for a Mooney fans or fans of humor. I read somewhere that when he was finished in the business that he didn't even put it on his future job applications. He's the grandfather, Todd being his son and MC being the newest one.

Guest Bosstones Fan

I went to junior high with a kid named Sean Mooney. He was a HUGE tool and was always either getting his ass kicked or being picked on incessantly. I wonder if it's the same guy.

Guest BAR

LOL, depends how old you are, man. The Man On The Moon was around his 30's in his WWF days. So, if you're about 40 now, which I doubt, then...aaw fuck it.

Guest Bosstones Fan
LOL, depends how old you are, man. The Man On The Moon was around his 30's in his WWF days. So, if you're about 40 now, which I doubt, then...aaw fuck it.

Nah...it ain't him. I was IN junior high when Sean Mooney was tearing up the WWF. In fact, that's why I always thought it was hilarious when the Sean Mooney at my school was getting beat on because he reminded me of WWF Sean Mooney (whom I found annoying even then).

The name coincidence always struck me as both ironic and absolutely hilarious.

Guest MillenniumMan831
Invasion 1992 is a must for a Mooney fans or fans of humor. I read somewhere that when he was finished in the business that he didn't even put it on his future job applications. He's the grandfather, Todd being his son and MC being the newest one.

Well, in that case, Craig DeGeorge is the great grandfather. Sean Mooney never failed to annoy me thoroughly on any Coliseum Video. He would always seem so disgusted at IRS's promos before his matches despite them being all the same.

IRS: I know why you people support Virgil. It's becasue he cheats on his taxes just like each and every one of you.

Mooney: NOW HOW DOES HE KNOW THAT?!? WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?!?!?

However, I did get a chuckle at the conclusion of Hottest Matches.

Mooney: Well, we'd like to thank you for watching the Hottest Matches . . . AHHHHHH FIRE!!! THERE'S A FIRE GUYS . . . WHAT DO I DO?!? Uhhhh . . . Fire Extinguisher! (grabs fire extinguisher and reads the label) Uhhh . . . stand back 10 feet and point at fire. I'm not back 10 feet guys. (Sets off extinguisher anyways and ends up spinning around in his chair not being able to control anything.) WHOAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Guest ToddRoyal

Mooney also did TV news out of Boston (Channel 4 I think), and when he left the station in the late 90's there was a lot of talk about his past with the WWF, but sadly no clips of him calling matches with Lord Alfred in the world's worst announce team.

Guest Drury37

HERE HE COMES DOWN SAY MOONEY, MOONEY!!! He was the best for being the worst back in the day!!! I remember after he left the WWF he went and was on the Channel 9 News in New York and then about two years ago I saw him on Fox Sports Net talking about the Anaheim Angels and I have not seen him since, haha!!!

Thanks.

Guest BAR

Yes. Yes, he did. What ever happened to him? I think there was a thread about him with no conclusions.

I remember Dynamite was asked about him on his old site. He didn't have a clue either.

Guest Ace309

Yeah, I remember watching him on WWOR on cable. That was the only reason I watched that network - just to see him do the news, for the oddball factor.

Guest Drury37

Yep, same here, my dad used to always yell to me "PUT ON CHANNEL 9 SEAN MOONEY IS ON!!!" It actually very funny thinking about that now that I used to get very excited to see Sean Mooney on the news, he is like Michael Richards, Michael Richards will always be attached to Cosmo Kramer and Sean Mooney will always be attached to the dumb WWF moron in the control room, haha!!!

Thanks.

Guest CED Ordonez

I only remember him from his most memorable role of making cringing faces in the control room as Damien got squished by Earthquake.