TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maurizio C... Version 2

Sting = good angle opportunity

Guest Tony149

If Sting can put his beliefs behind him then I can see him going to the WWF. I think he'd rather be acting, but he isn't getting roles.

Guest The Violent Gourmet

I think if Sting was ever in the WWF, they could emphasize that he's a man of very high principles, how he never sold out, was always a good guy (that last run as a bad guy couldn't have been real, could it?), and remained loyal to WCW till the end.  

I DON'T think that his religious ideals should be front and center though.  I don't necessarily disagree with them, but whenever religion is talked about or hinted at within wrestling (e.g. Taker serving the devil) it makes me very uncomfortable, and the entertainment is lessened.

I'm not sure whether Sting could function in the WWF and still retain his born-again beliefs.  I have heard in the past that Jericho is very devout religiously, but I think he might have gotten in trouble if some of his on-air comments were aired within his religious circles. :o  I remember seeing his wear the WWJD bracelets for a while, not that that necessarily means anything.  I have never heard if Jericho is still religious or what impact his work environment has had on his beliefs, or vice-versa.

Guest HellSpawn

Im with you Maurizio.

Im also with one of the guys, Im against Sting's rafter issue, but Im almost sure vince will let him do that thing.

Maybe Sting can lead the new WCW (or whatever the WWF choose to name its new promotion after WM).

Guest theWCWRaider

As far as religion goes, while I may share in some of Sting's beliefs, I am reminded of a quote from the old wrestlecrap site.

"There should always be a seperation of church and ring."

I don't like it when angles go in that direction, never have, never will.

As far as good matches go, Sting had some decent matches with Booker T towards the end of WCW's run.

He also had a good, but short match with Lance Storm on a Nitro in September of 2000, if I remember.

But, for my money, the last great Sting match was in April 1999 against DDP on Nitro for the world title.

I can't believe WCW decided to screw it up by putting the belt back on DDP before the end of the show.