TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BoboBrazil

Raw Rating

Guest BoboBrazil

Last night's Raw drew a 4.2 rating Neilsen Media Research rating (3.6 million households), up from last week's 3.8 rating.

The first hour of Raw drew a 4.0 rating, the second hour a 4.4 rating.

The two minute overrun drew a 5.2 rating, the peak of the show.

pwtorch.com

Guest AndrewisyourHero

hmm..maybe they have something with this Kane storyline

Guest Nathan_Avara

Good, maybe WWE will read this as needing to put out a *** match every week.

Guest AndrewTS

They announced two big matches in advance and hyped them up. Was that SO FUCKING HARD, WWE?

Guest the pinjockey

Now wasn't the last time Raw had a little jump in the ratings the week where they announced the Jericho/Nash and Goldberg/Xian cage matches in advance? Funny how that works, the two shows that they hype and pay off the matches rise in ratings.

Guest AndrewTS

It also happened when they hyped up Booker T and Goldust defending the tag titles against Christian and Jericho (I think it was them).

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

The 2nd hour was mostly Jericho/HBK. So thats a good sign if the 2nd hour got a big bump from that.

Guest drdrainoscott

I'm sure Linda McMahon had something to do with it, as I believe the Observer credits her as one of the top draws since whenever she appears it is to make a big annoucement.

Guest Youth N Asia

Get 4.0 for a couple months in a row and then it's worth mentioning.

Guest Just call me Dan

Saw that one coming. Eagan, instead of wasting our time with your posts, go get a clear version of Motorhead's Evolution theme and make sure dinner is on the table when I get home, bitch.

Kidding, of course, but that probably had little to do with it, since it was a spur of the moment thing and she does that or something close to that AT LEAST once a month. Torrie has done plent of stuff like that on smackdown and that has resulted in zilch. This would probably fare the same.

Guest Choken One

Told you Kane was a Ratings draw and you guys (some) just went a couple weeks doesn't mean anything...Well it's been 5 weeks now and Ratings has been good for them.

Next week has NO hyped matches...so expect a lower rating but I say if they hype a couple more matches for the B.C show...Ratings will increase.

Guest GameCop

The Jericho vs. HBK match garnered the biggest ratings jump during the show.

Guest Choken One

Yes Like I said...MAJOR HYPED MATCHES drew the ratings...

Remember Kane hasn't driven fans away like the HHH parade did...Kane is a draw for the moment.

Guest wwF1587
Yes Like I said...MAJOR HYPED MATCHES drew the ratings...

Remember Kane hasn't driven fans away like the HHH parade did...Kane is a draw for the moment.

major matches and a rather interesting storyline drawing people into the product... why is this soo hard to figure out for the wwe?rt

As long as kane is killin people week in and week out people will start tuning in more.... just wait, the wwe WILL fuck this up soon... they have a good thing goin right now and all good things become fucked up here in wwe

Guest Choken One

Anyone get this feeling WWE was expecting this to bomb and was already putting it under the rug and BOOM! BIG RATINGS!

And are pretty much clueless on what do...

Odd though...It just reeks of them going "Umm...I dunno! BURN JR!" and it's someone working...

Vince will decide how "Kooky" he can take this angle...He'll go for the Silence of the Lambs get-up...

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

This answers a question I'd been wondering about:

What would smarks say if a guy the smarks hated was bringing high ratings?

Answer: Give all the credit to the guys who wrestled 15 minutes before the highest rated segment. (Highest rated by a LOT)

Guest Choken One

We don't hate Kane..

It's actually been one of the popular ones around here in some ways...

Guest humongous2002
We don't hate Kane..

It's actually been one of the popular ones around here in some ways...

Sorry to burst your bubble Choken but it's not Kane that's bringing the ratings is that new storyline he's in, and i understand that if they would've used either a Batista or a Nathan Jones it would've sucked but if Kane was a ratings magnet then the Katie Vick angle would've made Kane/HHH feud of 2002.

Guest Choken One

You Idiot.

Kane has been a draw before (ratings that is) and the fans have a connection thus is why they are interested in the storyline.

If they had Nathan Jones as this mad man running around fans would crap on it...The Fans have FIVE years of connection with the character and thus want to see what happens.

Guest Loss4Words

You can say that of EVERY wrestler. You can't make every wrestler draw, but you can make every wrestler not draw. So, at this point, Kane is drawing ratings because he's in a good storyline. Good for him. That's not a knock on him, it's just saying, as is the case with every wrestler in the business, in order to be effective, you have to be pushed effectively.

Nice concept, huh?

So, there's no need to make excuses for Kane drawing ratings. If something is working, they should stick with it, regardless of whether *I* like it or not. If anyone doesn't understand that, quite frankly, they have no excuse discussing wrestling from a business perspective and should just not try to get into topics about ratings and buyrates.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
You can say that of EVERY wrestler. You can't make every wrestler draw, but you can make every wrestler not draw. So, at this point, Kane is drawing ratings because he's in a good storyline. Good for him. That's not a knock on him, it's just saying, as is the case with every wrestler in the business, in order to be effective, you have to be pushed effectively.

Nice concept, huh?

So, there's no need to make excuses for Kane drawing ratings. If something is working, they should stick with it, regardless of whether *I* like it or not. If anyone doesn't understand that, quite frankly, they have no excuse discussing wrestling from a business perspective and should just not try to get into topics about ratings and buyrates.

Loss rules.

I wasn't referring to you, L4W. But there are guys who are giving credit to HBK/Y2J (Which only garnered a .4 jump) when the overrun as anyone can plainly see, was highest with a bullet.

All WWE needs now is a shirt saying "DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME" and the the angle will be perfect.

Guest humongous2002
You Idiot.

Kane has been a draw before (ratings that is) and the fans have a connection thus is why they are interested in the storyline.

If they had Nathan Jones as this mad man running around fans would crap on it...The Fans have FIVE years of connection with the character and thus want to see what happens.

Hey, C***SUCKER don't you know how to read? That's exactly what i've said, but i also pointed out that if Kane was a ratings magnet then the Katie Vick story would've been a sucess. Now instead of name calling why don't you go and pleasure yourself to a Kane poster, you freaking fey.

Guest Choken One
You Idiot.

Hey, C***SUCKER don't you know how to read? That's exactly what i've said, but i also pointed out that if Kane was a ratings magnet then the Katie Vick story would've been a sucess. Now instead of name calling why don't you go and pleasure yourself to a Kane poster, you freaking fey.

I am not Buffybeast. Anyways...

I got cut off and didn't finish my post...

The reason Kane/HHH vick didn't draw in ANY sense whatsoever was because the Angle was atcrocious.

Of Course It's the Storyline that is getting the ratings, You have to be blind to deny that (or be HHH) but you should know that It's Kane Character and History that is selling a good chunk of this angle.

Thus the Fan's Connection with the former Kane is a CRUCIAL reason the angle is working like Spades for WWE.

We both agree It seems; That Sticking Jones or anyother "monster" wouldn't work and sell the angle and why is that?

Because of The Angle itself and the Fans connection with the Character of kane.

I love the Angle and it's been the best angle WWE had in years, even if it's for all the wrong purposes.

Guest Coffey

I don't really think it's so much whom was involved, but that the matches were announced two weeks ahead of time. People didn't have to guess what was going to happen because they knew what was going to happen.

Well, at least that has a little to do with it. You can't really explain the numbers anymore. They fluctuate so much any excuse can be used at any time.

You have to admit that regardless of the storyline or the past connection with the character, Kane's been doing a great job for the last month or so. His facial expressions have been tremendous, and just his whole way of acting, be it in interviews or in the ring has put this angle over huge. I don't think anyone on the roster could do this angle as well as Glen Jacobs has.