TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Guest CurryMan
I'm not sure if this link will work, but can everyone look at the first 10 seconds of  this and explain how the hell it's a penalty and a red card?

Oh WTF watched the link and thought the forward would get a red card with dangerous play because he is going in to the situation with no controll over the ball and with his heels first. Awful referee!

It's that time of the year when I get convinced that Tottenham will have a great season, although I've got more basis this year. Looking strong all over the pitch, with good cover in all areas (although I rate Davenport far higher than Tony Gardner). Really hope we don't sign Jenas though, he's just not worth £10 million whe we have Davids, Carrick, Mendes and the excellent Teemu Tainio already battling for a midflield spot, plus Super Michael Brown if we get desperate.

Who else has done a premierleague.com fantasy team? I have

Robinson

Terry Toure Ferreira

Campo Riise Stelios Gerrard © Reo-Coker

Rooney A. Cole

Subs

D. Ferguson

R. Gardner

S. Warnock

M. Crossley

The Lux Interiors. Nice of Campo to nip in with a goal, nicer of the ref not to send him off!

I've got one two. If someone's got a leauge going like last year, then they should provide linkage. Because I think I've managed a pretty decent team this year.

Given

O'Shea Hyppia Terry

Emre Gerrard T.Miller Carrick

Rooney D.Bent Camara

Subs

Kirkland

Clapham

Nolan

Clichy

Nottingham Forest have made a "substantial" offer for Walsall's teenage hotshot Matty Fryatt.

Gary Megson has targeted the England under-19 striker as the man to bolster his attacking options at the City Ground.

But the Reds may have to part with as much as £1m to land the 19-year-old, who has also been watched by a string of Premiership clubs, including Aston Villa, WBA and Wigan.

Forest chief executive Mark Arthur confirmed today: "We have made a substantial offer for the player."

Forest's initial bid is unlikely to match the £1m valuation put on Fryatt's head by Saddlers boss Paul Merson, but with his contract set to expire in the summer, they may be tempted to sell rather than run the risk of a transfer tribunal.

We do need a forward, but I'd rather have one with a bit more experience, although that's one thing our current ones certainly don't lack and they're not exactly banging them in.

Megson's logic must by that if he can score against our defence, by God, he must be unbelievable!

And, as much as I hate to say it, is Fryatt really going to be that much better off with us than with Walsall...?

My fantasy team:

Mido-Mania!:

Cech ©

P.Neville,Delaney,Jaidi,Wes Brown,

Tainio,Scholes,Cahill,Lampard

Mido,Bellamy

Subs:

Carroll

Luke Young

Robbie Savage

El Hadj Diouf

Pretty good, I'd say

Quite pleased England lost.

A regular knobhead customer at William Hills bet £500 on an England win. Oh how I laughed and laughed when he stormed out of the shop after Denmark's third goal.

hmm, ok then...

WE NEED GOALS

Looks like Richie Partridge will start for us today, he's getting about a goal a game for the reserves, and we might be playing Sturrock's new MYSTERY FORMATION (4-3-3).

Well, I was waiting till a few results in before I commented, but im happy with the start to the season, clean sheets in three out of four games, back to back wins(especially as Norwich were allegedly sure things to come back up), having a bet on in the morning, Saints to be promoted and the Pompey bastards to be relegated this season, woot

BTW what do people think of my sig, I nicked it from a Saints forum, nice example of gallows humour

Off to watch the Chelsea v Arsenal Match now(and whatever shite is the 1pm game), prediction Chelsea 3 - Arsenal 1

Robinho looked a bit special when he came on for Real Madrid tonight. Felt dizzy watching all those lightning quick stepovers. He's going to fun to watch this season.

Robinho can't finish. Real Madrid will still be abysmal to watch. They don't play football.

Continuing on a theme, Sheffield Wednesday :) have sooo many injuries that Sturrock offered a Fraser from Dad's Army impression ('We're Doooomed!') to try and put a brave face on things. Cue small chuckles before heads firmly back in hands.

Nah, it's not that bad, Drissa Diallo was a worry cos he looks strong at the back and appeared in agony when he went off, apparently it's now not that serious. I just hope we're not relegated by the time Maclean comes back. Reassuringly, we're the first to hold QPR at home this season, and we did some of it with ten men and three subs for injury, creating the better chances in the second half.

Robinho can't finish. Real Madrid will still be abysmal to watch. They don't play football.

He scored 21 goals for Santos last season and he'll create openings on his own all day long. Madrid's combination of rubbish defending and sublime attacking nearly always leads to an entertaining game.

Stewart's out for a month with a broken finger, not really going to miss him with Brooker doing the business and Bridges looking a class above the league(like Liddell and Commons) so far despite not being fully fit(we all cringe when he gets tackled hoping for no injury) and having to make up for our shambles of a defence.

http://www.sky.com/skycom/tvguide/0,,521-5-43440034,00.html

Nice Chance to see if our crap performances on TV over the last few years continue.

Edit: Lita's doing well so far for Reading and it's a crime that Stead and C. Cole are in the U21 team and he's not.

Edited by deancoles411

Quiet day for us, we got Totenham's 4th choice GK on Loan for a month, he's leaving them end of season so if he impresses us we could probably get him for a free.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mb606/F2241560

They're really angry with the Poom signing even though he's better than any one they have.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showforum=2

It's almost as pathetic on there as it was in the aftermatch of the Playoff final, Saturday should be interesting if we lose in front of the Sky cameras.

Connolly has gone to Wigan for 2 million. Hume from Tranmere has been signed though so at least we haven't been left a striker short.