TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Looks like Marcus could turn down a permanent move to Yeovil, they can only offer him £2500 a week, he's not getting £5000 a week at any other club so we'd be stuck with him until July.

Another home win, 2nd best home form in the football league, Enoch coming back has really helped Jevons.

Got Coventry in the FA Cup 3rd Round, we haven't had a good FA Cup draw since 94 and the famous Anfield win.

Got Coventry in the FA Cup 3rd Round, we haven't had a good FA Cup draw since 94 and the famous Anfield win.

Didn't you win that game in your infamous purple and lime green away kit? Good luck against Cov.

We beat Spurs in the middle of a six game losing streak last season that saw us in the bottom 3 so Fulham at home could be any old score. We'll probably either win or get stuffed by 3 or 4.

Didn't you win that game in your infamous purple and lime green away kit? Good luck against Cov.

Yep, Tinnion got the goal and ended the Souness reign.

Derby got Wrexham at home, but everybody here will remember Derby's cup runs the last 10 years or so.

3-1 defeat at home to Bristol City, hit for 5 at Colchester..

Wrong Bristol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/1742618.stm

Was that really your first choice side? Your side now looks far better.

Only decent players Rovers had were Ellington and a 37 year old Mark Walters, 2 days after beating you they were at our place in the LDV and got beat 3-0.

You're right, I don't know why I said City, We've only played Rovers once in a blue moon.

Derby's side that day:

Poom: Signed for Sunderland, then Arsenal. Best keeper we've had in the last ten years.

Grenet: Cost I believe £2.5m - Second worst signing of the last 10 years. Shipped off to I believe France.

Mawene: Our player of the year last season - obvious decision was to release him 2 weeks later. The old board were useless. Joined Preston on a free.

(Morris 52): In my opinion, the best left winger we've had in the last 10 years. Plagued by injuries so badly. Left for Leicester.

Carbonari: "Petaco" Famed for his free kicks, not much else though. Released under the old board.

Higginbotham: One of the two quality defenders we had, sold when we were relegated due to financial situation. Joined Southampton.

Zavagno: Worse than Grenet. Cost £3m. Shipped off for far less.

Bolder: Home grown talent, does a job, squad player, starts one of every 5 games or so.

Carbone: Personally, I loved this player. Previously the lad at Sheffield Wednesday if i'm not mistaken. A great talent, couldn't afford his wages. Released.

Boertien: Read the exact same description as Bolder.

Christie: Happy-go-lucky player. A confidence player, if he had it going, he had it going. Famously hit a hattrick against Man United, the winner being disallowed. Sold with Riggott to Middlesboro.

Ravanelli: Quite easily the worst striker in the last 20 years at Derby. His heart was never in it, and we only finished paying his wages 18 months after we sold him.

Yeah, a new board has come in, a new manager has come in, and six months makes a hell of a lot of difference.

That's if it's even been six months.

Morris is at Yeovil now after a trial with us and has played about 15 games, did he ever do that in a season for you?

Another Enoch goal and Home Win last night, bad game but it was our 4th game in 9 days up against Carlisle who hadn't played in 10 and we were without the best Left Back in the League.

On a bad note the "Daddys boy" stuff is starting for Lee, most are the Stewart fans who'd have him at the club and hate any Johnson(Gary, Lee or Pete the head Scout) at the club.

"Apart from a winnning mentality, 20 more points, 26 better goal difference, peace in the dressing room, McCombe, Enoch and McAllister, 2 happy Keepers and 2 million for Cotts what has Gary done for us"

Nice quote on what we've done since Dec 5th 05 when we were bottom.

Bring a decent Winger in and this time next year we're where Colchester are(without losing your Manager and best player hopefully)

Those days were great, if a player had one good season you could sell him to a Prem team for a few million with a sell on thrown in(we still do it now)

I remember Blackburn spending 9 million on Nathan Blake and Ashley Ward.

Cotterill scored his first Premiership Goal tonight for Wigan, could be something if he crosses instead of trying to beat 5 defenders(which he is getting better at to be fair)

Those days were great, if a player had one good season you could sell him to a Prem team for a few million with a sell on thrown in(we still do it now)

I remember Blackburn spending 9 million on Nathan Blake and Ashley Ward.

It's all well and good, but I don't think we were a premiership side at the time!

I don't know.

Ashley Ward, I've got a soft spot for him, he scored the last ever goal at the Baseball Ground (and funilly enough, the first goal at Pride Park).

Big shock, Phil Brown is back in management, after joining Hull as a coach, he's now been appointed caretaker with a view to a permanant position.

Anyway, I haven't seen the Manager of the Month for November, but it'll be a crime if Billy Davies didn't win it, he won every single game in November.

A John Atyeo Fact

"Bristol City striker John Atyeo was the first player with a surname ending in 'o' to pull an England shirt on: he did so six times between 1956 and 1957."

He was also the answer to this question until last year.

"Only one time has the goal that qualified England for World Cup been scored outside the United Kingdom, who got the goal and who were the opponents?"

John Atyeo, Republic of Ireland.

http://www.malvholm.plus.com/bcl0203/Atyeo_Factfile.htm

How did you get Davies to join your club? he seemed like he'd move up a division in the summer.

MS has finally took the money and had his contract ripped up, should join Yeovil on the first of January.

Well, in all honesty, Derby are a bigger club than Preston, a better ground, fanbase, training facilities (I swear, the Training Facilities line comes out EVERY time we sign someone) - and more of a upside. A new board coming in, a better future.

That's the company line and i'm sticking to it.

Haha @ "s around the word big.

Nice.

Dean, we need to get this thread moving again, i've been posting in it a lot more recently with you to try and carry the load, but it seems nobody's interested.

Have they even bothered to stick his name on there?

As we're playing Rotherham tomorrow I'll share a great quote from Shaun Goater on Talksport while promoting his book "Feed the Goat"

"When we moved to Bristol from Rotherham, I really started to enjoy my football. I was happy moving to Bristol as it was near the sea. We could see and hear seagulls. The weather was warmer. Bristol seemed a little like Bermuda to us after living in Rotherham. My football went from strengh to strengh as I was happy in Bristol."

If Bermuda ever becomes a footballing power we'll be unstoppable.

Bristol is like Bermuda? God bless Goater.

News from the Premiership, the league is unbelieveably tight with 2 points seperating 3rd to 9th. Pompey are still in 4th, but it wont last long.

Everton at home tomorrow. The problem at the moment, is that there are no easy games.

Nice.

Dean, we need to get this thread moving again, i've been posting in it a lot more recently with you to try and carry the load, but it seems nobody's interested.

I wonder why? :P

I'm half expecting Caboose to magically reappear any day soon to gush about the mighty rams.

We won at Wolves for the first time in ages with a jammy last minute goal. Dreadful game apparently but I couldn't care less.

Nice.

I wonder why? :P

I'm half expecting Caboose to magically reappear any day soon to gush about the mighty rams.

We won at Wolves for the first time in ages with a jammy last minute goal. Dreadful game apparently but I couldn't care less.

Yeah, it's a tough place to win at, is Wolves, we got a cracking win at Leeds yesterday, of all the places, Forest, Leicester, there's just something extra special about winning against Leeds, away no less.

You won't see Caboose, if only because he supported more than one side.

And I don't think he can handle the flack about Newcastle right now.

Chelsea slipped today, but got a point at home to Arsenal.

It'll make the league look interesting now.

Derby up to second place.

Got a 1-1 at Rotherham, next 6 games looks like this.

Millwall...H...(20)

Chelt.....A...(23)

Bmth.....H...(21)

Vale......H...(12)

Orient...A...(22)

Tran.....H...(4)

Should be aiming for at least 15 points, would settle for a draw in one of the away games if it means a win in the Tranmere match.