TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Derby up to second place

There's no reason this can't be your year. It's obviously incredibly tight at the minute but looking at the top 8-10 positions I think Derby are one of the better bets not to slide down the table and remain top six. Southampton and West Brom have the potential to do better than they are at present but I think you compare favourably to most of the other sides in the top half.

Think 2nd place in your division is up for grabs, Birmingham really should finish champions with Larsson, Bendtner and McSheffrey.

Not sure if anyone saw Sky Sports News Saturday morning, Gary Johnson was the voice and name to the Powerade adverts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/6214634.stm

Jevo got player of the round for the FA Cup, got over half the vote.

There's a chance we could be at Wembley next year in the JPT Final, a few games will have to be played there(to check the security) before the FA Cup Final.

Pardew was sacked yesterday and I didn't even realise it.

Sure, they are on a run of four defeats, but that sacking is a travesty of justice.

The only reason West Ham are IN the premier league is because of Alan Pardew.

Fucking travesty.

Did you see the look on that Icelandic guy's face during the Bolton game? You just knew the writing was on the wall. Dowie's sacking at Charlton also seemed harsh and premature and I very much doubt it'll save them this season.

I saw 'future doubts' and I immediately though Barnes had gone to Barcelona.

As you can see, there's no chance of Derby keeping him with the list of interested parties, but he shouldn't be on loan at a Championship club, he's not strong enough for this league.

He's a flair player, but he's quick and young, only problem is, Jon Stead and Steve Howard have become the first two choice strikers at Derby, as they adapt better to this league.

He'll be an international in the future for sure.

Won 3-2 against Fulham to reach the last 32 of the Youth Cup.

We play Chester(beat Spurs) at home(again) next round, think we could actually get to the last 4 if we keep getting home games.

Funny you should mention Walcott, I came to this thread just now to ask, how long will it be before we see Rooney and Walcott as the first choice strike force for England?

I am very impressed with Walcott.

Two wins in a row since I got the new avatar so i'm keeping it.

Not sure exactly what's happening with this proposed takeover and reading discussions on it just makes my head hurt. According to some the club's financial state is still so bad it's not unthinkable for us to go under properly if no new money comes in and/or we continue to be run the way we are currently. I'm sure the FA would gladly help kick us out the door on the way out.

No, you won't go under, we were in a much worse state than you are before we were rescued.

It took months for Derby's new board to finally take control and clear all the debts.

& The FA would do anything and everything to keep you guys running, they'd have to mess around with all the teams in the leagues to make the numbers up and we all know what he FA thinks about doing anything.

I should have stated that it was only according to the usual few doom & gloom merchants that the club's existance was in the balance. I don't think any other fans, including me, think that would ever happen either.

Mandaric has supposedly discovered that the extent of the club's debts are far greater than he was initially led to believe so this takeover thing looks in the balance.

Chelsea's debt was 90m, they only reached the Champions League by beating Liverpool on the final day of that season, had they lost that match then Gallas and Terry would have been off and Roman would probably have picked another London club.

Real were 170m in debt a few years ago, they sold their training ground to the government for 300m.

Last month they signed a 7 year $1.41bn tv deal.

I remember that Chelsea vs Liverpool game, seems such a long time ago now.

I think the takeover will still happen, just not sure exactly when.

This season is just about staying up, which I think we'll manage. A couple of decent midfielders on loan in January would definately help us avoid getting dragged down into any dogfight.

2-2 at Cheltenham, McCombe got a 90th minute equaliser, we're starting to turn the away defeats into draws.

1 Nottm Forest 44

2 Scunthorpe 42

3 Bristol City 41

4 Oldham 39

5 Swansea 36

6 Tranmere 36

Pld44 W23 D10 L11 F66 A40 Pts79

Our 2006 league stats so far, only 2 of the losses were at Home.