TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Signed Brian Wilson from Cheltenham for an "Undisclosed fee", he can play RB/RM/LM and was wanted by Gradi and Holloway.

In exchange they've took Scott Brown on one of those "Emergency Loans" which should be made permanent if he doesn't get a better club in for him.

Cheltenham now have Bell,Gillespie,Spencer,Odejayi,Scott Brown(GK) and Scott Brown(CM,LM) who used to play for us.

I'm in two minds over going to Chelsea or not. It's a Sunday which isn't ideal and we're going to get hammered and it's on TV so it's looking I'll be staying home. Plus, I watch a team that's won two European Cups every other week so why should I make the effort to go see a team that's won fuck all ;)

Anyone know what the odds are of us repeating our 7-0 win over Chelsea from 1991?

Get your ass over to Stamford Bridge.

I hope we get past Bristol Rovers and draw the winners of your game.

(while you're at it, get your ass over to my forum and join, it's going places.)

same goes to everyone else too.

Derby vs Sheffield Wednesday tomorrow, we win we go joint top.

I'm in two minds over going to Chelsea or not. It's a Sunday which isn't ideal and we're going to get hammered and it's on TV so it's looking I'll be staying home. Plus, I watch a team that's won two European Cups every other week so why should I make the effort to go see a team that's won fuck all ;)

Anyone know what the odds are of us repeating our 7-0 win over Chelsea from 1991?

I'm getting a feeling for a number seven.....off Shevchenko's arse I reckon.

We won 3-2 after being 2-0 down, the defence is getting worse but our forwards are making up for it.

We've conceded first in our last 6 games and haven't lost any, wish Gary would give his Half Time rocket before the game.

Back top the league again. Yay. Still shit though. No midfeild at all with Southall and Clingan suspended. If we can get a couple of midfielders who can pass and hold onto the ball we should run away with this league.

Back to Chelsea nostalga -

20/09/86

Chelsea 2 Forest 6 (Webb, 3; Birtles, 3)

20/04/91

Forest 7 Chelsea 0 (Pearce, 2; Keane, 2; Parker; Clough; Woan)

Nice comfortable game tonight, for some reason Coventry tried long ball tactics against Carey and McCombe.

We also beat Chester 4-0 in the Youth Cup, next round is probably the Arsenal Youths who haven't lost a game this season.

Going by the rules, they should be deducted 3 points for not fulfilling a fixture.

Our FA Cup match with Boro is going to be one of the feature matches on MOTD, the prize money of 98k has covered the cost of Brian Wilson and a possible loan striker with Jevo out for a few weeks.

Arsenal Youths did win, hope the game is played after Plummer's 17th on Jan 30(when he signs his pro contract)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/6272765.stm

Looks like we could have the Rugby team sharing the stadium, wouldn't be a problem as long as they look after the pitch.

Surprised they haven't been taken over yet, that's what happens now to underachieving premiership clubs.

We've spent £127,980 on agents fees this season which is the highest in the league, sounds bad until you see the transfer fees we paid.

Fontaine was a Bosman with a small fee and sell on because Fulham offered a new deal and he was U23

McCombe was 55k because of a release clause in his Lincoln deal

Enoch was Bosman from Luton

Jevons and Weale were Bosman from Yeovil

McAllister and Johnson were free Transfers with sell on clauses from Hearts

The takeover has been delayed again with the transfer window slipping by. Mandaric was at Fulham last night so hopefully he's not getting too pissed off and there's nothing to worry about. We've got rid of a few players in the past couple of weeks (Sylla free, Low to Posh & O'Grady to Rotherham) so hopefully one or two loan signings might be possible. Threw it away last night but it was nice to see us score three decent goals and hopefully we'll give Birmingham a better game than Newcastle did because we need the points with even Southend making a scrap of it down there now.

3-0 win today at Oldham.

Enoch scored, Hit the post and missed a pen.

McAllister scored his first for us.

Wayne Andrews on his debut hit the post, missed a 1 on 1 and scored a tap in.

We're in the JPT Southern Final, Enoch and Andrews scored.

We play 2 matches against Shrewsbury or that Blue and White side down the road, getting Rovers would be best for financial reasons but would be the more difficult of the two(we should still win though)

We've still not signed anyone, which is a bit of a concern. We've let three or four leave on frees though so it's not as if we've got no money to pay wages.

CC is now claming we're better off with a smaller squad, which sounds like he's given up on managing to get anyone to come.

What happened to Prutton going back?

For us Kevin Betsy from Wycombe is a done deal for 150k and should be announced soon.

We're being touted as best chance for an upset tomorrow, we've got McCombe suspended, Jevons injured, Andrews and Wilson cup-tied and Brooker 50/50 to make it(we hear that every week)

With it being a feature match on MOTD, I'm expecting someone to do a Cotterill and play out of his skin knowing the window is about to shut.

We always denined any interest in him, which was a shame. He's the kind of player we need as well as we keep getting out faught in midfield.

Betsy should be a good signing. Always did a job a for me on FM2005 ;)

We had the same problem with the Midfield for much of the season and relied on our defense to keep us up the top, sticking Skuse in to help Lee Johnson seems to have solved it, it's helped Lee play to his best and we've kept 3 clean sheet in a row.

Our game was a good game of football, only spoiled by Graham Poll who didn't book Cattermole despite 5 fouls(2 set up the Free Kicks we scored from)

Best players on the pitch were Lee Johnson and Jonathan Woodgate.

Bougherra has been a bit of a twat it seems, so good riddance. I'd still like to see him do well, he *might* turn out to be world class, but expect a few high profile errors. We appear to have signing Jermaine Johnson as well, don't really have an opinion on that yet.

We were even more useless against Chelsea than I'd expected.

Anyway, no one cares about the FA Cup, what's important is that we've made two signing!

David Prutton on loan till the end of the season (when his contract runs out and if we go out apparantly he's staying) and Luke Chambers from Northampton - 21 year old defender who Calderwood had as his captain there.

Quietly confident these two will make a big difference.

Expecting any more in/out?

We've brought in Brian Wilson, Kevin Betsy, Wayne Andrews on Loan and a QPR keeper on Loan as back up for Basso and Weale.

Squad looks good apart from the Left Winger situation, JMW would be good if he learned to pass(Cotterill had the same problem until his last match for us)

Rovers won their JPT Semi Final tonight so we get 2 games to show our superiority.

There's rumours we're getting someone on loan from Spurs and Danny Cullip will be off to QPR but I can't see anything happening considering it took thirty days to get two deals done the odds on us doing anything on the last day are slim.

Out of the Youth Cup at the hands of Arsenal.

6-5 on pens after a 2-2 draw.

Great effort against a team that has won every match this season.

Things could have gone a bit better yesterday.

Leicester throw two points away against a relegation rival.

I broke my nose playing football.

God, England are terrible.

God bless our scottish armchair army. Loyalty that borders on the obsessive.

The Emirates is a fantastic stadium, very impressed. Bit weird not giving your ticket to a bloke on the turnstile though. Match was typical freindly fare but lit up by some amazing touches of skill. Soccer AM could get a month's worth of showboat material from that match. Ronaldo was so good I clapped him off.