TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Spurs also just bought Kaboul (French u-21 captain) from Auxerre for 12 million. Where did they get this money all of a sudden.

I'm pretty nervous right now. These guys owe us pretty bad.

Yeah.

I don't want to take anything away from AC winning this game, but it looks like Liverpool almost gave the game away. Atleast two or three times the Reds could've knocked one in and take the game in a different direction, but they just couldn't coordinate anything and wound up having to chase the game in the second half.

Gerrard should've lifted that ball up and over Dida instead of going to ground with it.. you're already seeing him go down to his knees before you put toe to ball, that right there should've been a lightbulb to him to lift the ball up for the goal.

Waiting until there was something like 10-15 minutes left to insert Crouch was an assinine move along with not simply pulling Zendan at the half.

Oh, and Kuyt along with most of the Liverpool team having the head ref seemingly have it out for them was bullshit too.

congrats franch, I'm pleased cos its always more boring when the three who go down go straight back up. No trip to Blackpool next season for the Leeds lot either, unlucky chaps.

Spare any keepers? Slightly concerned as we, you know, don't have a senior one. And we haven't even attempted to get Poom, Kiraly or Konstantopolis, all of whom have gone now.

Sheffield Wednesday are set to sign Derby County goalkeeper Lee Grant, according to the player's agent.

Grant's current deal expires next month and he has rejected Derby's offer of a new contract.

Owls manager Brain Laws is on the look-out for a new keeper and is understood to have agreed terms with Grant.

And a move will be finalised when Grant returns from holiday.

"Lee is very much looking forward to joining Sheffield Wednesday as first-choice goalkeeper," agent Gino Culbertson told the Sheffield Star.

"Terms have been agreed. The formalities will be completed when Lee gets back from holiday."

They won't get to Euro 08. I'll go so far as to say that they have about a 10% chance.

Croatia finishes up with Estonia at home, at Andorra, at home against Israel, at Macedonia, and in England.

Israel finishes up at England, at Croatia, at home against Russia and at home against Macedonia.

Russia plays against Macedonia at home, against England, in England, in Israel, and at Andorra.

England plays against Israel, at home against Russia, home against Estonia, in Russia, and against Croatia.

I see it going like this. England is going to benefit from playing a Croat team that has already qualified, and it'll be tied going into the last round of games for the 2nd spot between Israel, Russia, and England. With the English slate of games, I don't see them holding any goal differential tiebreaker. Russia will probably hold that and earn it for good against Andorra in the last game. Israel doesn't lose at home all that often, and neither does Croatia. England must win every game in order to qualify. I can see them getting one point in Russia, but in doing that it opens the door for Israel to slide right into that 2nd spot and qualify for Euro 08. Russia plays the most games against the easiest opposition. My brain says that they will qualify along with Croatia. My heart says that Israel will qualify, because they will steal a point from England at Wembley.

It'll finish something like this.

1 Croatia with 28 points

2. Russia with 25 points and the goal differential

3. England with 25 points

4. Israel with 21 points

That's with no upsets, and England losing NO games. What is going to cost England the most is going to be that goal that Paul Robinson let in at Croatia, and the lack of goals along the way. I think that Russia is the best team in the group, btw. They've played like shit in most of the games and only given up one goal. That's also with Croatia not taking it easy against Israel, which is possible.

Anyway, if England does make it to next summer's Euro Championships, they're going to get trounced in short order. Their tactics suck, they play Lampard too much, and they don't have many creative players. And they have a shitty goalkeeper.

Got more important things to worry about than England..

0,,10274~3277819,00.jpg

...like having a 4th division manager and playing in Portsmouth's kit.

Can't believe he's at the Championship with no promotions as a manager and a history of losing when it really matters.

How much comp did you pay for him?

How much comp did you pay for him?

No idea. Hopefully not much considering I haven't seen a mention of it.

The jury is out until the season begins. Current opinion is of the 'at least he'll give them a kick up the backside' variety. Signings so far are uninspiring.