TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

I think Pompey are gonna do well this year.

Here's hoping.

I'm surprised Wednesday haven't been taken over yet. If I was a multi-millionaire looking to invest in a football club outside the top flight, Wednesday would be in my top 5 (along with Forest, Leeds, Bristol City and Cardiff).

We signed Ryan Babel from Ajax. Good Henry type player. Led Holland all the way through the Euro U-21's.

The guy is fast. Hopefully we play him on left wing for now and then move him to striker later. He's a far better striker, but the position is taken for now. We could play 4-3-3...

Babel's gonna be good I reckon, but do you think there was much point getting Benayoun?

In other news, the only striker that's been linked with us is still Hartson. I don't think he's the answer...

EDIT: I must also express my condolences upon hearing Graham Coughlan has had to stoop to the lows of league two with effing Rotherham. A travesty.

Benayoun is our Zenden replacement. Obviously better though.

Plus we can play him out on the right and I think Pennant is shit, so...

OK, rumour has it our 'mystery £2m striker' is RICHIE TWATTING CRESSWELL. A better guess is Rowan Vine, who does seem to do well against us. If another championship club gets Fowler, I'll be effing livid. Us or Sydney! I'm increasingly concerned about our lack of ambition.

I've got a soft spot for Rowan Vine as a former Pompey player.

Pompey, Newcastle and Rangers got raided by police yesterday. Uh-oh...

On Sunday we drew 3-3 with Skonto Riga, we were 3 up through Wilson, Betsy and Enoch before they brought on their regulars and scored 3 in 11 minutes.

Today we beat an Olympic XI 4-2 with Jevons, Enoch and Murray(2) scoring, Murray spent some of the game playing up front with Sproule on the right wing.

OK, rumour has it our 'mystery £2m striker' is RICHIE TWATTING CRESSWELL. A better guess is Rowan Vine, who does seem to do well against us. If another championship club gets Fowler, I'll be effing livid. Us or Sydney! I'm increasingly concerned about our lack of ambition.

Meh, Richard Cresswell was one of the names being linked with Derby.

He wouldn't be so bad, seems like he got lost in the shuffle at Leeds.

Ah. Anything to mention Leeds.

Aren't they doing well!

I watched the friendly against Werder Bremen today. This is the first time I can say as a fan, that this team really should be able to challenge for the Premiership.

Voronin is a hell of a lot better than I thought he was, even though I saw him a lot at Leverkusen when he was in the Bundesliga. His game is fit for English football. Good poacher. Torres missed a sitter, but that's what the preseason's about.

Yeah, I think Voronin will adapt to the prem quicker than Torres for sure. We've now been told that we can fuck right off with our Rasiak interest, so now the top name is Izale McLeod. I guess he'd be ok, but certainly more of a gamble.

Not sure i can remember all of our signings off the top of my head but here goes the shorthand (but still tedious) rundown of all 11 of them.

Carl Cort - I'm sure you all know him.

Jimmy Nielson - Danish goalie. Blew a million quid on gambling apparently.

James Chambers - The Watford full-back

Bruno N'Gotty - From Paris to Milan to...Leicester

Shawn Newton - Played a few games on loan last season. A veteran of this division.

Ricky Sappleton - 17 year old striker. Supposedly left QPR because of 'differences' and got rejected at Liverpool because of his pushy agent/agents/hangers on etc. Don't know how true any of this is.

Sergio Hellings - Dutch midfielder. The fact he's a former Ajax/Holland youth player who Anderlecht paid 1.5 million for 2 years ago sounds promising. The fact he was playing for an amateur team last season? Not quite as much.

Hoessein Kaebi - 21 year old Iranian international full-back/wing-back. Has about 50 caps already and is mega fast apparently. He's also absolutely tiny.

Radostin Kishshishev - Hopefully he'll have more luck than he did with Charlton and Leeds last season.

Stephen Clemence - Actually paid a fee for this one. Won Birmingham's player of the season award last season and his 'reward' is coming to us after Steve Bruce buys a whole new central midfield.

Jonathan Hayes - Young Irish lad from Reading who Martin Allen took on loan to MK Dons last season.

We still can't get rid of Maybury, Hughes, Hammond, Douglas, De Vries and Kenton. Be careful what you buy from Scotland.

We sold Paddy McCarthy to Charlton for 650k and there's rumours Fryatt could be off as well. We get to wear our knockoff Portsmouth kit against Pompey themselves i na couple of weeks. Before that i'm off to London to see Arsenal, Valencia, Inter and PSG at the Emirates Tourny.

I'd assume that most teams have had some good Scottish players over the years (we had Gary McAllister from Motherwell) but we weren't the first team to suffer at the hands of a crap Scottish manager giving inflated contracts to mediocre/crap SPL players.

Anti Niemi? We got bloody Rab Douglas. See where i'm coming from? There's a lot of garbage up north and if you get a Jock manager like Craig Levein who A) Has little/no experience of English League football and B) Has his Jock blinkers on when assessing players there is always going to be a chance of it going spectacularly wrong. Bloody miracle were still in this division after the last 3 seasons.

Bugger. Also, we're laughably un-takeoverable, with this twatting supporter's trust Wednesdayite owning 10% and stopping investors. They're keeping us firmly rooted in the shit. Twats.

Fowler signed with Cardiff!?!?

We were linked but i'm glad he went elsewhere. Sure, he could end up scoring for fun but the rebuliding job were doing might not be best suited to the addition of a famous name on an especially fat contract.

Nightclub Patrick?!? Incredible! He'll probably bleed us dry and fuck off, but I'm not arsed, this is fun and we'll make it back in shirt sales. How many can I put you down for chaps?

52,000 Geordies cheer in Unison as Fat Fucker Freddy Shepard quits Newcastle!

Truely, a new start for Newcastle united after, to be extreme about it, its like George Bush stepping down as President to us Geordie folk.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1078171,00.html

FOLLOWING completion of the takeover of Newcastle United PLC by St James Holdings Limited, Newcastle United PLC announces today that Chris Mort has replaced Freddy Shepherd as Chairman of the Company.

Mr Mort said: "I am delighted to become Chairman of such a fabulous club.Since arriving at St. James' Park I have been hugely encouraged by the warm welcome I have received from so many supporters.

"The strategic review of the Club is going well and, with the new season fast approaching, we feel the time is right to make the change.

"I would like to thank Freddy Shepherd for all he has done for the Club over the last 15 years."

909, your boys against mine on Friday. We're gonna beat you good. Unless you play a decent team.

Kluivert to Wednesday is a sign of the apocalypse.

909, your boys against mine on Friday. We're gonna beat you good. Unless you play a decent team.

Kluivert to Wednesday is a sign of the apocalypse.

I think we'll play our little, Voronin, Benayoun, Pennant starting lineup (i.e. the Squad Player lineup, Liverpool of old) and then put in Babel, Torres and Gerrard at the end of the game and win.

Fuck, I'm so glad we won't be playing squad players as much.

It should be a good attacking exhibition game. Pompey have a big enough squad now that we can afford to put decent players on the bench too (not Torres and Gerrard mind) so hopefully it'll be good experience ahead of the new season for us.

I'll watch the second half on my lunch break. Hopefully we're not two goals or more down by then.

That match is way too early for me. Only times I ever woke up that early for a sporting event were during Athens 04 for the US basketball team, WC 02 (and that was at 2 in the morning for most of the games, talk about turning my schedule around so I could go to 8th grade, come straight home and sleep, wake up at 11:30 PM or 2 AM and go about my day. By the time I got to the end of school I was going on empty.) and WC 06. If it wasn't just a friendly, I'd do it, but as it is, it's torrent for me. During the season I'll be waking up at 4 and catching a stream.