TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Something that bugs me, Lampard and Gerrard who can't play together, it's not like they play together on a weekly basis at club level.

If Gerrard had gone to Chelsea after all, I gaurentee we'd not be having this problem.

I think at International level it only works with a Makelele type in a 3-5-2 or 4-5-1, England have played 4-4-2 since Hoddle left and any time it's changed the manager gets slaughtered.

We had a similar problem with David Noble and Lee Johnson being too similar, took about 6 months for us to play a 4-4-1-1 with Noble behind the striker and we've lost 1 in 15 with it.

NB, the conspirsist in me says that the fact that Russia is bankrolled by Abramovich et al, a bunch of Jewish billionaires who also have a big stake in Israel, says that there's no way Israel are beating Russia.

If Israel take points off Russia we still have to beat Croatia and with their form that isn't happening at the moment

The World Class myth has to stop as well, if you compare sides I'd take 97 over 07 any day of the week.

So it's a good possibility England will not qualify for Euro08... There's no way McClaren can keep his job if England do not qualify. We need a BIG favour to get through now.

If Israel take points off Russia we still have to beat Croatia and with their form that isn't happening at the moment

The World Class myth has to stop as well, if you compare sides I'd take 97 over 07 any day of the week.

We will beat Croatia at home. I have no doubt about that, we deserved at least a draw tonight, but a penalty that was given for a foul outside the box and more importantly ANOTHER Robinson blunder* cost us. Two small moments of madness.

*Robinson pushed the cross straight into their forwards feet, I knew the second he pushed it down that we'd screwed ourselves once again.

If Isreal manage to get at least a point, we'll qualify, I know it.

Also, Tel Aviv isn't the easiest place to go to.

They've got 17 points from somewhere guys.

So it's a good possibility England will not qualify for Euro08... There's no way McClaren can keep his job if England do not qualify. We need a BIG favour to get through now.

You know what would be a GREAT way to fuck with Abramovic?

Mourinho taking over England.

God, make that happen.

We will beat Croatia at home. I have no doubt about that,

Also, Tel Aviv isn't the easiest place to go to.

They've got 17 points from somewhere guys.

What have we done under Mclaren to suggest we can beat one of the best young sides in Europe?

Hiddink's a good tactician, watch them scrape a 1-0 win.

Israel took 15 points from 5 games against Andorra,Estonia and Macedonia which isn't difficult, against the big 3 it's 2 draws from 5 games

We beat Russia 3-0 at home, yet we have lost against a smaller side.

Anything can happen on any given day, I'm still thinking we'll qualify.

We'll have to muster up that game against Greece when we needed to qualify against the odds for 02.

..of course, we were odds on favourites before the game, we created the stacked odds.

Just like we have gone and done today.

I'm looking forward to putting a 'cheeky punt' (Christ, how often do they show that advert) on England to qualify.

They must have some lengthy odds now.

..Has Michael Owen even been comfortable?

This is coming from a guy in Texas who just recently got into English Football. From what I hear, Owen has not been comfortable in his skin or on his club. He always seems unsettled from what I have heard.

Also, the last entry on that list is awesome.

..Has Michael Owen even been comfortable?

This is coming from a guy in Texas who just recently got into English Football. From what I hear, Owen has not been comfortable in his skin or on his club. He always seems unsettled from what I have heard.

Also, the last entry on that list is awesome.

At the moment I can't blame him given the situation he's in at Newcastle, I'm a Newcastle fan myself, but the guy is getting nothing but pressure from the fans to prove himself to the club. Personally, I wouldn't be bothered if he went, but I know for a fact he'll score goals wherever he goes, I'd prefer it to be FOR the Toon rather AGAINST.

Lets face it Michael Owen left Liverpool and since then he hasn't been the same, everything about him suggests he wants to return to Liverpool where its 'Home', he's got some strange Alan Shearer thing going on - only for Liverpool.

Another great performance, Sproule's starting to cross better which is a scary thought, Murray and Trundle come on as subs and seal it for us.

John Hartson must be feeling stupid right now, good job it was only Bristol City at home in his debut and not Watford or Sheff Utd away.

3rd win on the bounce, Stoke on Saturday and the return of one Tony Pulis whos 6 months in charge seemed like 5 years, at one point we drew 6 home games in a row.

He has to go down as the most despised manager we've ever had.

God, i hope we don't go for him. It'd be more boring than having Megson.

Peter Taylor will always be our most despised ex-manager. What a complete fuck up that was, taking on the premiership with Akinbiyi, Benjamin, Junior Lewis etc.

oh well, here's to yet another exiting manager search!

Jewell won't touch us and that's understandable, who the fuck would come? Laws & Robson both looked pissed up and haggered in their stage-y photo op when football's great and good came to honour Sheffield FC last night. I still can't decide who'll be first to go, but obv. after this week Laws is back in front. Would the Blades actually be bottom w/o Beattie? I think so.

Got our most comfortable win of the season over a typical clueless Pulis side, they had one decent player in Fuller and the rest were 6 footers who lumped the ball up front.