TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Genuine sympathy for Derby, having them get 6 points off Newcastle would've been great. Wrap Michael Johnson in cotton wool till Jan! God I hope we can afford his wages, we're screwed without him.

No Carey or Fontaine and we still kept a clean sheet with Tamas Vasko(1st game in months) sounding great, he's 6'5 and is better on the ground than in the air which didn't please some of us who were expecting a Nemanja Vidic type.

Sigh, it can all bollocks, but doesn't sound like we got hammered at least and Sodje & Jeffers should make a difference when fit. We can't fucking go down, surely, there's so much shite in this division...

We're close to signing an Aussie playmaker called Nick Carle from Genclerbirligi, hope he's more Paul Agostino in quality than Luke Wilkshire.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/football/bristo...8949744769.html

January should be interesting, Jevons, Russell, Betsy and Keogh are going and there's an evil rumour linking Portsmouth with Marvin Elliott for £2.5m because of the African Nations.

Slightly off topic, but I totally marked out yesterday when Peter Beardsley walked into the store. I couldn't stop grinning, he chatted and shook my hand, was totally awesome.

Then moments later David Edgar showed up and no one knew who he was, poor kid.

A win! I would remiss were I not to mention Michael Johnson's unbelievable, majestic twatting of the crossbar from 300 yards against Bolton. And Franchise, I am so, so sorry it didn't go in. That's the end of that chapter.

A win! I would remiss were I not to mention Michael Johnson's unbelievable, majestic twatting of the crossbar from 300 yards against Bolton. And Franchise, I am so, so sorry it didn't go in. That's the end of that chapter.

lol

We're slowly getting better in this league, we should have taken three points from Newcastle, should have gotten at least a point against Liverpool & shot ourselves in the foot against Bolton.

Still, we have this Emannuel Villa (argentinian striker) & Danny Mills signing for us.

We're also rumoured to be signing Robbie Savage.

God, if that happens.

Derby fans might just riot.

Genuine sympathy for Derby, having them get 6 points off Newcastle would've been great. Wrap Michael Johnson in cotton wool till Jan! God I hope we can afford his wages, we're screwed without him.

Also, I don't think you'll be getting him back.

He had to play while injured against Liverpool and Bolton, and that was because we had little defensive cover as it is.

We've lost Jay McEvely for the season too, so I think MJ will be staying.

I don't know why they can't recall Nyatanga.

Jevons has made his Huddersfield deal permanent, did a good job last year in getting us promoted, the double at brighton last season was amazing.

We've also loaned out Russell and Brooker(hoping to finally get match fit) to Cheltenham, 20 clubs wanted Brooker but being local he can spend a few days a week here as well.

Wednesday are going to be right in it come the end of the season. I think there's enough teams to go down before us, but only just. If Jeffers and Sodje had been able to get any number of games together I think they'd be a really good partnership by now. Clubs have also realised that we have to sell Whelan now for a pittance or lose him in the summer for nothing, as he ain't signing a new deal, hence bids of £400k for a player worth at least £1m.

We had a new look team out yesterday and should have won by more by all accounts. Howard and Hume can be the big man/little man combo up front and for the first time in 3-4 years we have a proper midfield with REAL PROPER WINGERS in the Hungarian pair we've got on loan. Add Oakley in the middle and it looks promising. Couple of tough games coming up against Norwich and Palace but feeling more optimistic.

Still not quite sure why we sold Oakley, I know we bought in a few midfield players in Ghaly, Savage and Robert, so maybe with Barnes in there too, Oakley just wouldn't play.

But still, maybe he wanted Savage as his new captain.

Embarassing. 'Now all we need is Shearer as assistant, £25m and some quality players and we'll break the top four, what he's done at other clubs is irrelevant'. I haven't fabricated any part of that, it's the kind of crap that flooded sky sports news yesterday.

Oh My God, saturday was incredible. Laws' goal celebrations will live LONG in the memory, especially as that useless twat Robson could have sent a cardboard version of himself for all the passion he had.

We should have been more than a goal up at half time. We were so knackered by the end that I didn't expect much, but why Lunt took a pen after completing approximately zero passes I don't know. We needed a break really so I'm not too upset.

With transfer deadline on Thursday it seems we're after a striker with Dele Adebola and Joe Garner the only ones we're confirmed to be interested in.

If no one signs we're left with Byfield,Trundle,Enoch(who turned down a move to Leeds last week) and Steve Brooker out on loan at Cheltenham getting games under his belt.

I'll be optimistic and say he'll actually make it to the summer and spend his "transfer warchest" on England Squad members like Bridge,Defoe/Bent and maybe Carrick before leaving by "mutual consent" in October after drawing at home against Reading/Wigan/Middlesbrough.