TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Bastards. We just had to collapse 20 seconds from time. BASTARDS. Good performance despite that, Sahar took his goal well and looked to be clicking with Burton. Fuck though, that win would have been huge. Anyways, we've got Stoke next, and our record's decent against them, plus they only drew again today.

I always used to sign Billy Sharp on Football Manager :D

Anyway, the Toon FINALLY won, even if it was Fulham. St. James' Park was buzzing though, just can't understand why the whole footballing world loves to pick on Newcastle when the shit hits the fan. Look at all the crap (Take over talks, Rafa fighting with the Yanks, poor league form) going on at Liverpool and no-one says anything, in fact, the whole of Football seems to rally behind them.

Anyway, the Championship has been far more interesting this season then the Premier League, been watching it alot the last few months (kinda in preparation for the Toon's Relegation to see what we're getting into), and it reminds me of the Premier League 10 years ago... almost. Fast paced football where people still kick the shit out of each other.

Not that sad to see Ameobi go out on loan with option of signing if they get promoted. He's ok, but way too inconsistant, but strangely shines on the bigger stage (Europe). He'll probably do well for Stoke.

I guess a point is ok, but having lived there when at uni, I fucking hate Stoke and everyone in it. Ameobi should have been sent off for 12 bookable offences, and some twat called Dickinson nearly killed our young midfielder. Still, I'm optimistic, I think Southampton are utterly fucked, and we'll stay up.

Hopefully we'll help you on Saturday, it's the easiest away game we have left and I'd hope to see Adebola and Brooker start up front.

Lansdown admitted yesterday that we agreed a deal with Reading to sign Leroy Lita on loan until the end of the season but he turned us down for Charlton.

A Bristol City win would do nicely.

It's so fucking tight down there. We have the best goal difference of the sides in trouble at least. Sheff Utd away on saturday, never do that well there and Hendrie can't play.

Oh cock, I'm worried again. Soton win, our young midfield talent is crocked for the season and Scunthorpe looked to have the better of the game from what I saw. Stoke have also gone to shit at the wrong time, as we need them to beat Cuntventry and Leictwats. Sorry, I hate this league and everyone in it.

Oh, and I fear we're in for an absolute tonking by blades that could basically do for us tonight. I'm doing a teaching course tonight so won't be aware of what's going on. Crikey.

Bastards. Still, we had the better of it so I hear, which I certainly didn't expect. I think if we'd lost after leading 0-2 we'd be basically down, I hope we kick on from here.

Something I've noticed while reading this thread.

The lack of Premiership talk.

Why is that? Is there a hatred for the Premiership or do you just not care and root for whichever team it is you root for and can care less about Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City and United..?

We all support where we're from, that's more important. Plus the premier league is discussed constantly everywhere here, so it's more interesting to hear about each other's local teams. If there were more people who regularly posted in here you'd see fans of the bigger teams.

Only reason I don't post in here that much is because this is pretty much Championship Central. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind. The other forum I post on has tons of footy talk, but nothing about the Championship or lower English leagues. So this is good.

Something I've noticed while reading this thread.

The lack of Premiership talk.

Why is that? Is there a hatred for the Premiership or do you just not care and root for whichever team it is you root for and can care less about Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City and United..?

I support Newcastle United, but they've been such a laughing stock the last few seasons I try not to mention it. Teams like Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United are whore teams now, along with Chelsea, people support them because they're popular and win things - 'Glory Seekers'.

That day didn't turn out to be a complete disaster in the end, but we have as decent a run-in as you could ask for now and need to worry about getting our own house in order. On Monday.