TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

We won our first trophy in years tonight with a 9-1 win over Cheltenham Reserves in the Gloucestershire Challenge Cup.

In fairness to Cheltenham we played Weale,Fontaine,Vasko,Noble,Wilson,Murray(hat trick),Carle,Enoch(hat trick) and Trundle(hat trick) while they had trialists and kids.

Had one of our best performances of the season yesterday and still lost, we're all praying for Watford in the play off semi.

Elliott and Orr both made it into the PFA team of the year, think Lita was the last player we had in of these teams.

Result of the year on sat. WBA killing Soton and Stoke killing Leicester aren't as nailed on as they might seem though, so let's not do anything daft against Norwich at home in the last game.

Best performance of the season today, with Carle,Noble,Mcindoe and Trundle all starting we're back to passing instead of trying to play like Stoke.

Glad we got Palace actually, we're much better as underdogs and the 2nd legs at Home which is all you can ask for really.

I'm semi-tempted to put a fiver on Watford. Something tells me they might have gotten their bad run out at the right time, be so relieved at still being in the playoffs that they figure 'hey, a reprieve, what have we got to lose?' and end up going up.

Think we showed today we're more than just a hardworking side, don't know why that tactical genius Warnock used long ball tactics against McCombe and Carey with no Scowcroft.

Europe! That'll do us.

If we can put on as good a show as we did last year in the cup we should be ok.

And if we're going by Keegan's view point, we came first in the league :)

Think we showed today we're more than just a hardworking side, don't know why that tactical genius Warnock used long ball tactics against McCombe and Carey with no Scowcroft.

Yes, and how dare you all celebrate your screamer of a winning goal like that. It's just not on.

We've still not been taken over.

I was pleased Fulham stayed up, I've always admired Roy Hodgson for managing abroad and learning different styles of football instead of doing the easy thing and staying in England.

Incredible achievement by Hodgson, even though I have no real love for Fulham and their minimal fanbase, composed mainly of visiting actors. McBride and Bullard make them a different team, with those two even Sanchez might have stood a chance. If Hodgson can get Steven Davis back next year that'll be a big plus as well.

So who are people wanting to sign? All's gone quiet on the takeover front (again) which is obviously the sticking point, but Bolton have just released that Andranik who looked decent to me, I think other clubs will offer him more than we can though. We basically need an entire midfield, then possibly a left back and a striker as well.

We need a second striker, and a winger.

Signed a Swiss from Dortmund (means he's probably shit), looking at Marek Hamsik from Napoli and Gareth Barry in particular. I don't think we have very much money, to be honest, so to get players, we're going to have to sell players. Alonso, Riise and Crouch are the guys I'd look to ditch.

Would like Dean Ashton...but I don't think that's going to happen. Plus, he's hurt quite a bit, and Rafa doesn't care much for English. Just swap those three I mentioned for some other three and I'll be happy. Oh nearly forgot, gotta sell Carson.

If we win on Saturday Leroy Lita is coming back, he was at the Palace semi and spends most of his time in the nightclubs round here, if anyone one can sort out his attitude it's Gary Johnson.

A new defence would be priority next season as well as the only one I can see settling into the Premiership is Liam Fontaine and he's 3rd choice CB at the moment.