TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Boy, that was no fun at all. We really didn't deserve it with the way we played in the second half. But a win is a win. Especially against Chelsea.

And now, we wait until August. Or find someone to randomly support in the Euros, I guess.

I'm semi-tempted to put a fiver on Watford. Something tells me they might have gotten their bad run out at the right time, be so relieved at still being in the playoffs that they figure 'hey, a reprieve, what have we got to lose?' and end up going up.

Shows what I know. Good job I kept that fiver where it was.

Even though United got the win, I'm still sorta happy. Four world class douchebags fucked up in their own way. Terry, Ronaldo, and Anelka with the penalties, and Drogba off in his own little land. It was great.

If Fat Frank goes to Inter, it'll be even better!

Put it on Derby next season!

Two relegations in a row? Risky, but tempting.

Bummer.

No, we're having an entire squad overhall. Don't forget we now have our American owners able to spend money.

We've already wrapped up Kris Commons from Forest, just have to announce that next week.

Trust me.. we'll be top four next season.

Because we're getting rid of all our players.

We're rumoured to have agreed terms with James O'Connor from Burnley, who rejected a new deal with them. Well, he's a midfielder, he's not pushing 40, and he's free, so no complaints.

Holloway's finally gone.

God knows who we'll get in next but there was no other option.

avram-grant.jpg

Hey, if he wants some job security :unsure:

Your old manager is supposedly the favourite .

I got this off the Liverpool website. This might be old news, but I found it kinda funny.

Rafa Benitez today gave short shrift to suggestions Fernando Torres could be allowed to leave the club.

The Anfield boss claimed there was no offer which would persuade the club to part company with its record signing and top scorer.

Benitez said: "The situation is very simple – we do not want to sell Fernando Torres.

"If a player does a good job for his team, like Fernando has for us, then it is sometimes easy for people to speculate that he might be wanted by other clubs.

"I am not aware of any offer being made by Chelsea but even if there was my answer would be the same – he is not for sale.

"We are trying to add to the spine of our team and that means keeping players like Fernando, Javier Mascherano, Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher."

Earlier this morning, a club spokesman added: "The idea that Liverpool Football Club would consider selling Fernando Torres is absolute nonsense. Everyone at the club is fully focused on improving the squad ahead of the new season."

It's kinda funny how someone would think that a team would want to sell it's TOP SCORER to one of it's biggest rivals. I guess it's not really news, per se, but it's fun.

If Hicks didn't know that the fans would kill his fat ass, he already would've sent him away.

Chelsea can spend their rubles somewhere else.

On another note, man, the US at Wembley tomorrow. I'm really excited, hoping we can get a victory.

Landon said that he's injured. I don't think this douchebag is going to be in the squad.

He's winning his 100th cap tonight.

Probably looking at a 3-0 win for England tonight.

Further more to the 'selling your star striker to you title rivals' - Newcastle did that with Andy Cole and it didnt really help them.

I always remember Kevin Keegan talking to irate fans outside his house.

Yeah, we've got like, 6-7 on the go across the board at the moment? Madness. What we need is a sweep for the Euros to give us a reason to support someone over the summer. Problem is finding 16 guys to participate.

Anyway, the US/England game. Why Defoe up front with Rooney? I thought the point was for Rooney to play 'second-striker', but since when has Defoe been the kind of player for someone to play off of? He's another 'second-striker' type player. Not to mention Defoe being largely worthless so far at international level.

Yet another friendly where we learn absolutely nothing new.

I don't think England have that first striker. Well, maybe Crouch or Dean Ashton, but we have the big hulking defenders that could get in the air and compete with them. The way to beat us was with speed.

But really, England didn't learn much. Our best striker didn't make the trip over, and Donovan was hurt. Those are our guys that could've made the match different, and they didn't play.

Our first striker is still Michael Owen, even if people knock him.

Yeah, let's go with the Euro's sweepstake.

I'm in for that.

Interested in that draft now though, this wrestler one has me hooked.

Some cock I know thinks Coventry are going to buy Richard Wood for £1m. If that happens, I'll kill lots of people. In other news, the takeover seems more 'on' than 'off' again and rumours persist that the prospective owners want Alan Shearer. Why? Not that he'd come anyway, he rejected Blackburn for frig's sake. Spend the money on players.

In an aside, does anyone have any tips for a youngish goalkeeper on football manager 2008? I'm reluctant to spend the required £40m for Akinfeev. We're talking season 2010/11.

We are interested in Lassana Diarra, and he's interested too, given comments he's made in the past about leaving Pompey as soon as a big club came calling. He trying to play for all of the Big Four, by any chance?