TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Robbie Keane deal is done. I can't wait for Sunderland away.

That is a great signing, Keane is awesome, however, this begs the question - what do Tottenham know that we don't know?

They've sold/want to sell:

Keane

Malbranque

Chimbonda

Kaboul

Berbatov

Robinson

Who do they have lined up? Are they club in financial shit? Seems very strange to offload so many 'key' players.

Ramos said that they needed to balance the books after their winter signings and bringing in Gomes, Modric and Dos Santos. I still think they'll go grab someone like Diego Milito, but after that, they're done. They stilaren't a very good defensive team...and if they sell Berbatov they'll have no strikers except Darren Bent.

They think they can sign David Villa, but he's just using them to get a bigger transfer fee and larger wages for when he moves to Madrid.

Well even now, you're looking at a team that has Berabtov and Bent up front, Keane did alot of the ground work for Berbatov last season. Would love to hear a Tottenham fan's response to this sale.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...3879430,00.html

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/yoursay/0...82,1784,00.html

Sunderland have signed stupid twat spitting should be banned from the game low life El-Hadji Diouf. That's some serious money being spent by Roy Keane over the last two seasons. Really makes me wonder what Newcastle have lined up, if anything at all.

Transfer Market has been pretty low key at the moment. Outside of Sunderland turning into Tottenham, and Liverpool buying Robbie Keane, not much has happened. So many long drawn out transfer deals this Summer.

Garath Barry - Liverpool

Shaun Wright Phillips - Portsmouth

Berbatov - Man U

Darren Bent - Sunderland

Andy Johnson - Fulham (What a signing that would be for Fulham).

What do you guys see happening?

Garath Barry - Liverpool

Berbatov - Man U

Darren Bent - Sunderland

In red I think won't happen; in green, will happen; in bold black, will happen, just maybe not this summer.

Johnson deal, yeah, he's good, but 12 million pound good? I don't think so.

I'm going to name basically everything I think a Prem club needs and say if they'll get it. Also going to be in order of my predictions for this season.

1. Liverpool- Winger. Won't get.

2. Man United- Um, cover at center back perhaps, and less cunts. Won't get.

3. Chelsea- Um, depends on if Drogba wants to leave or not. Even though they bought Malouda last summer, still need a winger. He isn't the answer. Will get.

4. Arsenal- Central midfielder with a mind for defensive play. Basically a hard man. Definitely will not get. They will eventually fall out of the top four because they don't want to spend.

5. Portsmouth- Right midfield/right wing. Will get. Also need a left back. Will not get.

6. Scum- Um, Joao Moutinho. Will not get.

7. Man City- Creative player. Will get, because they can buy anyone. Money will never put them into the top four, but still.

8. Spurs- At least one central defender, a left back for cover at least, and another striker. If Berbatov goes, two strikers. Will get one striker, and a central defender. Will buy Bentley too, but they don't need him.

9. Villa- Depends on whether or not Barry goes. They need depth. I think they'll buy a central midfielder if Barry goes, if not, nothing.

10. Newcastle- A bunch of stuff, but management solves a lot of things. Need a central midfielder and striker to play with Owen the most. Won't get.

11. West Ham- Health. Probably won't get.

12. Sunderland- Striker to play with Jones, will get. Patching a lot of holes and slowly crawling up the table...

13. Boro- Central midfielder, goalkeeper. Will get both.

14. Bolton- Got two strikers, they're done. Still need a player to replace Diouf, but they won't get it.

15. Blackburn- Need a goalkeeper better than Robinson, won't get that, and after Bentley goes, a winger. Will get Pennant. If Santa Cruz goes, they'll need a striker too. Good luck bringing a quality player there with no promise of European football. They'll have a lot of money though.

16. Fulham- I honestly don't know where to start. Better players. Won't get.

17. West Brom- Got a goalkeeper, some defenders...they've done a pretty good job. Barely will stay up, can't afford more players.

18. Wigan- A new fucking ground for one, a new manager, I hate this fucking club, go down.

19. Stoke- Everything. Won't get.

20. Hull- Everything. Won't crack 10 points. See ya.

Oh god, PLEASE.

I'd be so happy. Take That Derby!

Also.. Don't be so sure on the SWP deal.

===

Dougie Freeman was subbed on 40 minutes of his own testimonial.

Garath Barry - Liverpool

Berbatov - Man U

Darren Bent - Sunderland

In red I think won't happen; in green, will happen; in bold black, will happen, just maybe not this summer.

Johnson deal, yeah, he's good, but 12 million pound good? I don't think so.

I'm going to name basically everything I think a Prem club needs and say if they'll get it. Also going to be in order of my predictions for this season.

1. Liverpool- Winger. Won't get.

You guys are trying to sell Benayun, yet need another winger? Its strange that Gerrard gets put out wide on the right, when he played well with Torres last season in the middle.

2. Man United- Um, cover at center back perhaps, and less cunts. Won't get.

Really not sure who Man U will get, considering they're going to have to fork out £35m for Tevez if they want to keep him after his loan ends - with the debt they're currently in they shouldn't be allowed to spend that much on players.

3. Chelsea- Um, depends on if Drogba wants to leave or not. Even though they bought Malouda last summer, still need a winger. He isn't the answer. Will get.

Fair assessment on the winger for Chelsea to be fair, under the old management and style, but it will be interesting to see how 'Big Phil' takes over. He said he'd give SWP a chance after he proved himself in pre-season. So will it be 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-1-3-2? Joe Cole is amazing, and needs more play time. Could have one of the best midfields in the country this season with the arrival of Deco to play along side Ballack, Essien, Lampard and Joe Cole.

4. Arsenal- Central midfielder with a mind for defensive play. Basically a hard man. Definitely will not get. They will eventually fall out of the top four because they don't want to spend.

They can't spend. Another team in a heap loads of debt trying to keep up with the 'big guns' and buying a new stadium. Arsené Wenger has done an amazing job considering. His eye for young talent and development is outstanding. He doesn't want to sell the players that go, he has to to balance the books. As for players coming in - no idea. Fabragas is an amazing young player, who seems to be creative and dog like in his tanacity, but a big twat in midfield next to him would be welcome, also another real striker - who takes over when The Big Man upfront goes? Bendtner? Walcott?

5. Portsmouth- Right midfield/right wing. Will get. Also need a left back. Will not get.

Harry Redknapp has put together a rag tag assortment of cast offs from other clubs and turned Portsmouth into a great team to watch. Couch and Defoe up front? Holy shit. They had a solid defense last season and David James had the season of his career or there abouts. Only thing that concerns me is the CBs are aging fast and David James is fast approaching 40. I think they'll start to bring a few guys in on loan to cover the gaps this season - not sure who at the moment, will have a think at work.

6. Scum- Um, Joao Moutinho. Will not get.

Everton perplex me, almost as much as Tottenham. They've came so far but they never seem to buy anyone 'worthwhile' their biggest signings in terms of performance have been nobodies (Cahill and Arteta) that only people who had seen them play knew about. Johnson and Akubu lots of money, not THAT many goals and hell of a lot more injuries. Good business dealings to get £12m for Johnson considering his injuries and inconsistant performance. No idea who they'll bring in.

7. Man City- Creative player. Will get, because they can buy anyone. Money will never put them into the top four, but still.

Wild Card team of the Season for me after last year. They have a new manager, new ideas, lots of (illegal?) money. Young Joe Hart in goal is a good thing if they can train him up (Peter Schmichael the keeper coach?). Creative player? Well Eranio was great last season till the weather faded away, he's had 12 months to acclimatize so maybe he'll be good all season. They need to replace that shitty right back of there's, that Chinese guy, he's really bad and probably a striker too - I'd say at most they have a few 10 a season players up front and ones that want grab them a winning goal. Ireland and Johnson are two young midfielder who should get a chance this year, both look skillful and creative.

8. Spurs- At least one central defender, a left back for cover at least, and another striker. If Berbatov goes, two strikers. Will get one striker, and a central defender. Will buy Bentley too, but they don't need him.

Don't know what to make of Spurs, they've sold half of their team, their Captain and are thinking about flogging Berbatov and Darren Bent if the offers come in. Ramos must have something lined up to replace all these out going players if not... well, I think Spurs will fall into the same trap that Newcastle did. One injury and the team falls apart due to lack of quality in depth. Darren Bentley would be an interesting signing, but then, like you said, do they need him? He can play left, right, center, but they had good players in those positions already, still do in the center.

9. Villa- Depends on whether or not Barry goes. They need depth. I think they'll buy a central midfielder if Barry goes, if not, nothing.

Surely they need someone to replace Melberg at the back, he's been there so long I think they've forgot he's gone? Bouma is injured as well so they'll need some cover for RB. Don't think attacking options are a problem, lots of pace and power in that half of othe field. Ashley Young was a sensation last season and hope it continues, he looks a great player to watch.

10. Newcastle- A bunch of stuff, but management solves a lot of things. Need a central midfielder and striker to play with Owen the most. Won't get.

Where to start. I don't even want to think about it - might make a Blog post later on covering what Newcastle need and who they need to get rid of and why. Quick overview would suggest a whole new team. Straight up ask the players if they want to play for Newcastle and if they say no tell them to fuck off. I hate it, it turns me inside out with rage at the lack luster performances some of the players put in. I've already spoke about Joey Barton, but so much more could be said. If he wants redemption then I guess the best place would be on the football pitch or in a psychiatric ward.

11. West Ham- Health. Probably won't get.

I'm sure there's more Newcastle Reserves we could sell them to add to (Dyer, Bowyer, Solano [who left]). I'm not sure about West Ham they fall so much into the 'also ran' part of the league I forget they're there at times. You could argue they need an upgrade like Newcastle all over the pitch, or at least for Ashton to remain fit, when he's fit the team do well. He's a talisman and if he was fitter and I'd urge the Newcastle board to put a serious bid in for him.

12. Sunderland- Striker to play with Jones, will get. Patching a lot of holes and slowly crawling up the table...

They need players of Premiership class, and that's what they're getting. Its worrying me too that they'll finish above Newcastle this season. Jones was promising last season until his injury, that will probably keep him out for the first few months of this one too. Chopra (Ex-Newcastle Youth prodigy) will probably get his chance and he deserves it, just a shame its with the Mackems. They need a new defense too, last season was funny to watch.

13. Boro- Central midfielder, goalkeeper. Will get both.

Again I don't care for Boro, as their fans don't. Huge stadium - never full. Sad thing is they probably have the best youth development out of the 3 clubs in the North East, and will, if Downing stays, have the best two young wingers in the league.

14. Bolton- Got two strikers, they're done. Still need a player to replace Diouf, but they won't get it.

I don't really like Bolton - I like it when they kick the shit out of Arsenal and Wenger cries, but to watch - boring. They don't come to play football, they come to mug you and steal the game through brute force. Kevin Nolan annoys the shit out of me with his diving, same with Davis.

15. Blackburn- Need a goalkeeper better than Robinson, won't get that, and after Bentley goes, a winger. Will get Pennant. If Santa Cruz goes, they'll need a striker too. Good luck bringing a quality player there with no promise of European football. They'll have a lot of money though.

Tough job for Paul Ince here. He's came in and players have told them they want to leave. They need to sell Benni McCarthy as he's really lowering the Dressing Room moral with his constant moaning and crying about Blackburn. As for where they go from there? No idea. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two Championship players came up, maybe youth side. Probably draw more Scandinavians into the team.

16. Fulham- I honestly don't know where to start. Better players. Won't get.

Andy Johnson would be a good start for Fulham, last season they couldn't score for love or money - and almost their Premiership status. If they can keep the Private School boy looking Jimmy Bullard fit, I think they have a chance this season. He was their driving force upon his return.

17. West Brom- Got a goalkeeper, some defenders...they've done a pretty good job. Barely will stay up, can't afford more players.

18. Wigan- A new fucking ground for one, a new manager, I hate this fucking club, go down.

19. Stoke- Everything. Won't get.

Those that have came up, no idea on really. Wigan, I feel sorry for as they try - A Football Club in a Rugby town is always going to be hard to run and draw fans towards. Even more so when they're crap and fighting against relegation every year.

We've signed Nicky Maynard from Crewe for £2.25m, scored 35 in 57 starts for them and Crewe weren't exactly flying high in the league either.

Missed 4 months last season with a broken league and still got 15 goals, being young and English means a good season and he's worth £5 million.

Our Chairman

We were going to spend £1.5m for Meteb/Mifsud before we cancelled the deals, Johnson's always said he only has to say he's interested in a player and the Chairman gives him the money.

We sold Nick Carle for £1.2m(700k profit in 6 months) and Gavin Williams can't have cost more than 250k so our total spend's about half last summer's £2.5m on Trundle,Mcindoe,Elliott,Sproule and Byfield.

Don't you think Howard will grab a few goals in League one?

He should do, we actually have wingers this season. He'll have to break into a slight trot at some point to get on the end of something though.

This is ridiculous. We overran them for the first hour (or so Sky Sports News tells me) and then they scored an offside goal (or so Paul Merson tells me) and now they're just keeping the ball.

Pah, I cant believe this, first game of the season isn't even over yet and i'm already making excuses.

This is bad.

Final Score say you had a huge crowd today too. Opening Day blues, that's all it'll be. You'll get your mid-table result just fine, as will The Toon this season. Anyway, I'm off to watch Newcastle v Valencia at St. James' Park, see you later!

Excuses:

We had 9 new starters today, therefore couldn't gel together.

We had the majority of the play, just couldn't put the ball in the net.

We were unlucky because there goal was offside.

Reality:

League One, here we come!

Excuses:

We had 9 new starters today, therefore couldn't gel together.

We had the majority of the play, just couldn't put the ball in the net.

We were unlucky because there goal was offside.

Reality:

League One, here we come!

Paul Merson made a good point on Soccer Saturday... no, honestly, stop laughing... when he said that everybody's going to be up for it playing against you. Derby's still a big club, you've got a big stadium and get big home crowds, so small clubs are going to look forward to playing you, especially while you're still low on confidence.

Once you get a win then you should be up for the teams being up for it, if that makes sense.

So, anyone else enter a Dream Team with anyone this season?

I've entered a Sun one, for all the good that'll do after last season. But what the hey.

GK- Friedel

DF- G.Neville

DF- Sagna

DF- Lescott

DF- Evra

MF- Wallcott*

MF- Gerrard

MF- Essien

MF- Dos Santos

ST- D.Bent

ST- Crouch

* Wallcott could stand in the centre circle picking his nose and get an 8/10 from The Sun. See also Terry, Lampard.

I'm with the Daily Mail.

You can enter on the website for free and even have an online mini league on there.

Anybody interested in that? A TSM Fantasy Football League?

For what it's worth, here's my team. The Daily Mail don't have a restriction on people from the same team.

Petr Cech

Sol Campbell

John Terry

Rio Ferdinand

Kolo Toure

Owen Hargreaves

Javier Mascherano

Samir Nasri

Steven Gerrard

Fernando Torres

Peter Crouch