TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Well we tonked Burnley, leading to wry talk of this being our year et al, then it turns out Sodje (who played 20 mins, got 2 goals and an assist and was named in the team of the week) has another month-long injury. Considering how much of a panic buy he appeared to be at first, I can't overstate how massive he is for our side these days. Without him, we trundled along happily against Rotherham and fucked it up in the last minute of extra time before losing on penalties. Great.

Liverpool looked really tired and melon collie tonight. I'm not sure if that's a lack of respect for their opponents or of they're just behind in their Pre-Season prep, but they just didn't look very good at all.

That was really, really bad. But with Gerrard having a knock, Babel and Mascherano being at the Olympics, I totally expected it.

www.premierleague.com fools!

Oh, I've got a team there too. I usually give up halfway through on that though. Much better on I Know The Score.

McClaren's boys lost to Arsenal. Here's hoping the 2nd leg will be on ITV, not having Setanta I missed out on the inevitable 5 minute "McClaren is such a prat, he uses an umbrella when it rains so he doesn't get wet!" build-up video.

Alright, shall we all join the before mentioned league Chris gave us?

If you do King & so does Chris then at least we've got three.

I'm already there.

Viva John O'Shea

Over six feet tall

Homosexual

Viva John O'Shea

I might regret my choice of Berbatov if the transfer never goes through.

Petr Cech

John Terry

Rio Ferdinand

Micah Richards

Paul Scharner

Justin Hoyte

Gutierrez

Steven Gerrard

Salif Diao

Fernando Torres

Robbie Keane

-----

I'm going under the assumption that Liverpool go with Keane and Torres up front with Gerrard in midfield supplying them, figured they'd rocket a lot of goals and assists between them up.

Gutierrez looks good from what i've seen.. whether he does well, I don't know. Diao is in only because Nani in suspended.

I wanted a great defence that wouldn't concede many goals, figured Ferdinand and Terry's team wouldn't concede many, and Richards usually does a good job.

Hoyte's in on the assumption he joins Middlesboro.

My team's exactly 100m. As you can see with Diao being in it.

Al-Habsi

Nani (first team usually)

Delap

Fagan

----

Shall I put Delap or Fagan in ahead of Diou?

Created my team and added it to the league.

Pepe Reina

Micah Richards

Martin Skrtel

Bosingwa

Charles N'Zogbia

Lassana Diarra

Morten Gamst-Pedersen

Michael Essien

Luka Modric

Fernando Torres

Afonso Alves

Bench is

Ali Al-Habsi

Younes Kaboul

James Milner

Jermain Defoe

Would've started Defoe instead of Alves, but Portsmouth are facing Chelsea. Alves is going to score a ton of goals this year.

Hey-hey, I'm in.

Brad Friedel

Rio Ferdinand

Bacary Sagna

Phil Neville

David Bentley

Ashley Young

Martin Petrov

Zoltan Gera

Theo Walcott

Nicholas Anelka

Robbie Keane

SUBS

Craig Gordon

Phillip Senderos

Darren Fletcher

Paul Scharner

Of course, with this you can make transfers every week to suit who's playing who (I think it's one free player every week, then 4 points off your score for every extra player you change.) which is going to come in handy by the looks of it. Thought I was onto a sure thing with Andy Johnson playing against Hull, but apparantly he's injured, so out he goes.

This is a bit off topic, but do you really have to put that bastard name for this sport in parantheses in the topic description? Football has been globalized enough so that we do not need to differentiate so that the Americans can understand. They know what we mean when we say football.

Wow Dean Ashton is looking amazing today - if he can have an injury free season he could really do some good for West Ham. Always been a fan of Ashton, had him pegged to replace Shearer a few seasons ago, but his injuries harm his chances of ever doing anything good.

EDIT: hmm Liverpool are making Sunderland look decent - shame on you, Liverpool, SHAME ON YOU! Two games in a row you've looked pretty poor. They need a word at half time.

Turned out well in the end. Need to get Mascherano and Babel back. Seeing as Argentina beat Holland in the Olympics today, we'll get Babel back. Yay!

You guys really had to work for that win today though, you didn't start to play until the last 15 minutes and were lucky to be drawing at half time against Sunderland. Roy Keane has done something interesting with the dirty mackems though, they look like they care about doing something in the Premiership.

As for the other Keane? I think he still looks out of place at Liverpool.

Well, I'm more then surprised at how well Newcastle did against Man U - if I'm bold I could say we deserved to win considering Man U scored when we were down to 10 men with Taylor (Defender) was off the pitch due to injury. I'll have a more detailed conclusion in my blog later on. The 1-1 draw was more then earned.

1 Chriswok Wanderers Chris Kilburn

2 Scouse Powered Jeremiah

3 Pigs Might Fly Chris Bacon

4 Team Franchise 2009 Adam Taylor

5 Viva John O'Shea Chris Nakashima

I'm movin' on up!

Chris taking Deco got him major points with a goal and an assist.

Pffft.

I can't believe no one else took him the guy is a legend, my only mistake was thinking I had made him captain when instead I had made DEFO captain by mistake - d'oh!