TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

I tried to take as few Chelsea midfielders as possible.

For the plain fact I could never feasilbly guess which midfield would start.

Lampard

Cole

Essien

The one who covered for Essien today

Ballack

Wright-Phillips

Kalou (unless it was he who covered for Essien)

Either way.. Lampard I think is the only certain starter, but I guess Scolari will favour Deco.

He was, however, lucky with the goal

I took one for my Sun Dream Team. Imagine my disappointment watching the Chelsea game knowing of all of them I chose Michael Essien.

And of course Darren Fletcher miraculously scores a goal and earns me no points on the premierleague team because I had him on the bench. Groan. But yeah, we really need a new striker. We've needed a new striker for 2 seasons honestly, even if we did win the title in both. Relying on Ronaldo isn't going to work for much longer and the fact we had to play Frazier Campbell up front, exciting prospect as he may be, just isn't right. Hopefully we get someone in between now and deadline.

Signed Andy Webster from Rangers on a 5 month loan, it solves our defensive crisis and I doubt we're paying more than half his wages so it's a good move for us.

Our young players out on loan have had good starts, Plummer and Myrie-Williams have scored already and James Wilson's been outstanding at CB for Brentford.

My TSM Fantasy team did well this week, Gerrard, my captain (double points) got a goal from midfield, my striker got an assist, my midfielder from stoke (!) got two assists, so i've scored some good points.

Good times.

I did major revamping of my squad, and played the wildcard so I didn't lose any points.

Out:

N'Zogbia

Defoe

Diarra

Milner

Kaboul

Al-Habsi

Skrtel

In:

Samir Nasri

Gael Clichy

Mark Schwarzer

Dean Ashton

David Wheater

Luke Young

Wilson Palacios

I made Essien captain, so he had better play tomorrow.

I don't know, the noise from Jewell's camp is that he's in it for the long run. I just think once we get a league win, we'll be okay. We showed what we can do against Bristol City away on sky in the second half.. I just don't know what's going wrong.

If I had this squad on Football Manager in this league, i'd probably win the league by about 20 points.

The squad is definately championship-winning material.

Something isn't right, somewhere.

We're about to buy Albert Riera. I've watched him for a while at Espanyol after his City loan stint, and Riera just really isn't good enough for us. He provides well, but he's so slow. I can't believe we're going to buy a City reject. This is for the Newcastle's of the world.

No offense.

Gerrard is having an operation on his groin that'll keep him out of the Villa match and England's World Cup Qualifying matches, but he'll be back for the United match at Anfield on the 13th. At least we won, against a Standard Liege team that left it all on the pitch. Last season we kinda had a problem with that.

Still haven't been very impressed with Liverpool so far this season, you guys still look VERY flat. Are the amount of games played by the players taken its toll? Are they unmotivated by the drama at the club?

As for Newcastle signing reject players, it has been known to happen in the past. So far this season's signings have been a blast of fresh air. They look hungry, exciting and like they actually want to play for The Toon. I'm still waiting for someone to tell SpiderMag that we're not really Juventus. I think Guthrie could be signing of the season so for. Hard working, never gives the ball away - reminds me of Rob Lee 10 years ago.

Our problems are as much down to having players at the Olympics as it is playing clubs who have been extremely motivated to get results.

3-0 Arsenal, going into the match I was hoping for 1-1 and that was being optimistic. Arsenal were always going to be on top of their game after Fulham. More to say in my blog, as well as more on Milner and last week's game which I forgot to post up!

As for Derby, man, what's going on?

Stadium is delayed. Fed up with the ownership situation. Might turn my blog on here into a Liverpool one. We drew Crewe in the Carling Cup, this is the perfect time for a boycott.

Yanks out. Get the fuck out of my club.

Stadium is delayed. Fed up with the ownership situation. Might turn my blog on here into a Liverpool one. We drew Crewe in the Carling Cup, this is the perfect time for a boycott.

Yanks out. Get the fuck out of my club.

Haven't some fans already branched off to create/support Liverpool City team, similar to FC of Manchester or whatever that low league Man U team is?

However, I think the FA, or even FIFA, need to make some sort of regulations over people buying clubs for the safety of the team and the fans. Since Glazer took over Man U, Man U have been in debt and had crazy ticket prices. Liverpool have had drama that would make Newcastle blush in terms of the boardroom. Man City - joke. Even Newcastle's has been a bit sketchy with reports of Ashley selling every week - but once again that's the media being the media and making a mountain out of a molehill.

The only decent takeovers have been Aston Villa and ALMOST West Ham.

I think UEFA have got to do something about it. People like Hicks and Gillett are going to kill football.

I can understand why you don't like them, but they bought you Torres, didn't they? I'm surprised more criticism isn't directed at Benitez in general. There are games, like today, where he just seems to get it fundamentally wrong. Figures like Hicks and Gillett are only a new thing on account of nationality, characters like that have been in football since before the premier league started.