TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Sure they did. With loans.

I can't criticize Rafa because, all in all, we're second in the table. Torres and Gerrard were missing, we were real lucky to get that point. I don't like the Keane buy very much, though. I'll be heaping on that a lot.

City? Thirty-two years, fuck all.

In other news, looks like Mick McCarthy has put together a pretty good side there at Wolves. It would be nice to see them back amongst the top flight.

Please don't. I have the week off work, suppose to be going to Ireland, but I might change it all to have a real long turd on Dennis Wise's car if he takes over. I think I'm done with Newcastle, I might jump on the Man City bandwagon while it drives past, or just stick with Newcastle Blue Star or even Gateshead.

New twist on it all, there's now a strong rumor suggesting that Keegan was SACKED and not walked away. FUCKING SACKED?! Almost the best start Newcastle have had in the Premiership in 6 years, renewed hope and a team that was playing ok until they came up against a good Arsenal team... SACKED?!

Was it Keegan's bemoaning of things going on behind his back transfer wise? Which was never done that loudly in public.

Was it Keegan's constant support for Joey Barton that took the final straw?

Surely it wasn't the 3-0 defeat at Arsenal?

SACKED?!

If I were a betting man... or, someone who betted more regularly... I'd say he and Ashley had a personal falling out. They both seem like pretty strong minded people, they probably clashed over something (or everything), Keegan got worked up, Ashley didn't take kindly and sent him on his way. If indeed he has been sacked and it's not going to be changed to 'mutual consent' once they go official with it.

I think the Barton thing had something to do with it, anyway. I doubt Ashley would have risked getting rid of Keegan at the height of his popularity. Not a smart move. But Keegan sticking by Barton, I assume, didn't go down too well with certain sections of the fans and there was a chance to do it with a question hanging over him from some people. Call me cynical.

Man City is another Chelsea. Wonderful.

Well, I guess as a United fan I shouldn't be happy about City getting this new investor. But seeing Abramovich getting out-Abramoviched on Robinho has made my day, for now.

Plus, if it gives me a proper reason to hate them, all the better. Hating on the weak is no fun.

The future of Kevin Keegan and the manager's role at Newcastle United is unclear after the club insisted it had not sacked him.

BBC Sport understands Keegan had left the club following a series of meetings with the board.

But in a statement, the club said: "Kevin has raised a number of issues.

"We'd like to stress Kevin is extremely important both now and in the future and want him to continue to play an instrumental role as manager."

Who would they hire, anyway?

Avram Grant? The Galaxy just let Ruud Gullitt go, maybe he can return to the northeast.

Gus Poyet, Dennis Wise and David Moyes were the top 3 on the Bookie's Lists I believe. I would have loved to have been in those meetings yesterday and today, to hear what was said and to see what had happened. I believe Keegan had either walked or became heated, said something along the lines of an ultimatium and had no option to walk when the board didn't move.

I really think they've done a U-Turn on themselves after seeing how angry and pissed off people got. I can't speak on behalf of everyone, but I was seriously thinking about not going to any further Newcastle matches if Dennis Wise was appointed.

Wise's wiki entry made me laugh a bit just now.

Moyes would've been a possibility if not for the signings the Bitters made in the last few days. Poyet? Too inexperienced.

Poyet is inexperienced but he was, methinks, the brains behind Wise's success with Leeds, almost as soon as he'd been poached by spurs Wise was looking for ways out of management, and cracks began to appear in the team. He took a do-nothing job with a fat salary that was so laughably vague in its remit he pretty much ensured he wouldn't get blamed for stuff going wrong. Until now, of course.

Money in football is now sickening and obscene obv, but as for Man City, they deserve it more than Chelsea. They were regularly getting crowds of 30,000 plus in the third tier of the league whilst their closest neighbours were the biggest club in the country. Chelsea's fans don't compare to that.

I'm really looking forward to Man City and hopefully their chance to shine. I wonder how many fickle people hop down the road from United to City if they start to win trophies?

I like Poyet and reckon he'll make a good manager. But he could do with more experience at a smaller club.

I don't really begrudge City success either. They've got a solid team with a few players of real quality, even besides Robinho. If they go about it the right way I'd have no problem with them becoming a top 4 club. But this shiekh they've got in has pretty much said he's going to spend 30m per player on 18 players to get a Champions League winning squad together. To me, there should be no pride in that. It just taints the achievement when you as good as buy it. Buying one or two big names, okay. But a whole team? I doubt anyone besides staunch City fans would want to see that.

FOr those that enjoy reading Newcastle's Drama more news.

The problem, sources claim, was Dennis Wise blocking a 'major signing' that Keegan had requested. No news on who that signing is yet, or why Wise blocked it, but just to recap - the problem was Dennis fucking Wise. Cockney shit.

Quite the performance from England tonight. Have to give Capello some credit for giving Walcott a go when I'd guess most of us would have had Bentley in that position.

Seems like England can only perform when the opposition is favourite, though...

Ha, I couldn't be fucked with going to the pub to watch it on setantwat. Maybe if I never watch England again we'll win the world cup. I'm perfectly happy to do that. Anyway, to more pressing issues, Watford on saturday. Recently they've been one of those bastard teams who turn up to our place, play like a bunch of soiled tampax and fuck off with three points somehow. Hooray.