TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Quick, turn round Clough's taxi and hire whoever your caretaker was tonight!

In the absence of a cricket thread here, I'll also say this to the ECB: You absolute, cast-iron Pillocks.

Carling Cup, schmarling Cup. We don't want to win it anyway.

Even so, we were outplayed. I don't think Clough'll last too long at Derby though. Every move he makes he's going to be hounded by his dad's shadow, or at least the press casting his dad's shadow over him. And it'd be a minor miracle if he lives up to those standards. So he's gonna be ever tighter under the microscope than your average manager and people'll keep making these comparisons no matter how hard he tries to avoid them.

Of course it could work the other way and people will have loyalty beyond average managers because of the bloodties. But loyalty's a dying word in modern football.

Guys, I'm going to start a Football for Americans type of thread in a bit. Had a few guys wanting to know more about the sport for whatever reason - find it interesting, but not sure what its about, or want to play FIFA and would prefer to know the rules. Help would be great, if you fancy it.

Man City after Káká - who laughs them off.

Bolton £5m for Jimmy Bullard after their £2m for Jailbird Barton was rejected.

Glenn Roeder sacked.

Interesting day!

Bullard makes me laugh. Only a few months ago, Fulham weren't going to offer him a new contract, now Arsenal and, er, Bolton are interested.

Yeah, i'm out of work now so i'll be around for lively boring discussion.

Someone's bound to quote some Simpsons though, on the topic.

Homer: I watched hours and hours of soccer, and I almost saw a goal!

We've got a couple of wolves rejects (Gray and Potter) on board. Nothing against either one really. Anyone who can play in midfield to any degree is IN. The new chairman has reduced tickets to a tenner for the charlton game to get some fans back. A good move. Lose that one and we'll be candidates for relegation, seriously.

Anyone else hoping Man City sign Kaka, and still get relegated?

Isn't the transfer market getting inflated to an odd degree...£12m is no longer enough to sign a 29 year old Craig Bellamy, according to rumours anyway...Kenwyn Jones (who I do like) is worth more than £15m?

Anyone else hoping Man City sign Kaka, and still get relegated?

Isn't the transfer market getting inflated to an odd degree...£12m is no longer enough to sign a 29 year old Craig Bellamy, according to rumours anyway...Kenwyn Jones (who I do like) is worth more than £15m?

Depends who's trying to buy. Any player Man City go for now will have an extra £5-£10m slapped on their price tag, as its Man City. The same used to happen to Chelsea. People know they have money, so will try and fleece them. Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if FIFA stepped in at some point if Man City keep throwing out these crazy £100m+ deals to get their players.

January Transfer window will also add a few extra millions to a deal too, as clubs don't really want to sell their best players half way through the season and be left with less then 30 days to find a replacement of equal value.

Forest 2 Plymouth 0

YES :)

Feeling increasingly confident we can stay up...what is happening to Charlton though, looking like the next team to follow Forest/Leeds/Leicester path of Prem down to League One.

I love the Man City chairman trying to save some face after Kaka turned them down. "Milan bottled it", "it became public and we didn't want to do it that way". Face the facts mate, Kaka didn't want to risk ruining his career by selling out to a team in a relegation battle just for money. Good for him.