TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

The whole things a joke and makes Tottenham look like a mess (though they made good profit). It also doesn't reflect kindly on Rafa, who also looks powerless to those above him.

I don't see how Rafa comes out of this looking poorly. He didn't want Keane in the first place. Keane played like shit. We got rid. If anything the message has been clearly sent to Rick Parry. Leave the transfer dealings to our manager.

He didn't want him.

They signed him for a lot of money.

Rafa spat his dummy out and refused to play Keane unless he HAD to, yet kept saying he was staying (obviously meant 'staying on the bench').

Board sold Keane to save face (lost money) and probably increased the tensions between board and manager.

If that had been Newcastle, then they'd have been a whole hoohar and media fanfare about it (probably deserved), but I still think it makes Rafa look like a joke. He's constantly airing his feud with the board in public and its going to backlash against him sooner or later.

EDIT: This must make Robbie Keane the most expensive total transfer paid fee in active football?

Keane was given a very fair shake until he started complaining.

Yes, it is just a matter of time before it all blows up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge Robbie Keane super fan, but if I had signed for a club think they wanted me, only to arrive and find they didn't. Then hear my manager in public say he's happy to have me and I'm a Liverpool player, only for him to say otherwise behind closed doors - I might complain as well.

I believe Keane is up at £71m right now.

Up there with Anelka then!

The thing with Keane was, he took time to settle at first. Playing out of position probably didn't help. By the time he'd settled, Rafa had clearly given up on him. He started scoring goals, but Rafa stuck him on the bench straight after. People criticised him for it, so he starting leaving him on the bench all game. Clearly trying to make a point to someone.

And yeah, Spurs signing back all the players they ditched will never not be funny. I know they didn't want to sell Keane in the first place, but Chimbonda? Talk about hitting the reset button in a panic. Pity Anderton retired this season, they could have had him back as well.

Chimbonda is a weird one. Does Harry not fancy Hutton and Gunther, or are they injured?

As Sunderland seem happy to shed their Keane signings, maybe Spurs should get Taino back next.

Anelka's still ahead of Keane, at £86m according to wiki. And Seba Veron clocked up £77m.

Chimbonda is a weird one. Does Harry not fancy Hutton and Gunther, or are they injured?

As Sunderland seem happy to shed their Keane signings, maybe Spurs should get Taino back next.

Corluka is the first choice, Hutton's out until April and the other one left Cardiff far to early.

They should have tried getting Malbranque, the only good wide player for Spurs last year and they replaced him with Bentley and Giovani.

I'm really struggling with Tottenham. On the one hand, I like Harry Redknapp. On the other, I strongly dislike Spurs. If only there was some way for Harry to do OK, but Spurs to sink into abject misery, I'd be fine.

It's the opposite with Portsmouth. I like Pompey (partly because Harry was managing them, partly because they Got Out Of Jail that season, and partly because they have some players I like such as James), but Tony Adams seems like a clueless prat in terms of management.

We had all given up and chucked in a DVD by the time of the goal. Apparently in our region they didn't cut it out, but my God, if there weren't enough points against ITV's shitty coverage already...

On the one hand, I like Harry Redknapp. On the other, I strongly dislike Spurs.

I don't mind Spurs particularly, and think Redknapp is a corrupt, over rated chancer of a manager who blames poor performance on everyone but himself.

People seem to have the idea he's a great wit, the most recent example being what he said about his wife being able to score the goal Bent missed. That's the kind of comment you could hear at any ground in the country. It's hardly Oscar Wilde. Not to mention his attacks on foreign managers and barely concealed yearning to proclaim himself the best candidate for England manager. Tiresome.

Anyway...

Don't ever try to play the injury card, can't stand people who use that as an excuse. EVERY team gets crippling injuries so it evens out over the season, some teams have half a squad at a time injured.

Or are you saying that Liverpool are a one player team? :P

And if Hiddink (Who should have been England's choice after Sven) tries to juggle Chelsea's demands for instant success with the Russian national side then the pillocks running Chelsea will likely destroy his reputation as well.