TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Guest welshjerichomark

It has come to my (and TheFranchise's) attention that many people here support division one teams, so i figured we needed a thread to discuss fixtures etc, and to gloat. So here it is.

Cardiff's first league game: 9 August v Rotherham.

Absolutely!

Derby's first game on the same day, at home to Stoke City (just up the road from me so expect lots of police, not doing their jobs)

Nice to be top of the league come the first weekend of the league ;)

Guest welshjerichomark
Division One is old news, my friends.

This year, for one year only, its all about THE PREMIERSHIP BABY~!

A year for the mighty Pompey to mix with the best teams in the country. And lose.

There better be one of these threads next year...

I'm going to be starting a premiership thread next year. OH YEAH!!

Guest Mystery Eskimo

As a Nottingham Forest fan, my hopes for this season are that we don't go down, bust or have to sell any more players. That is all.

Guest Choken One

The Bengals Look Good...But I still Think The Titans will win.

What?

Guest The Hamburglar

A year for the mighty Pompey to mix with the best teams in the country. And lose.

WASH YOUR MOUTH WITH SOAP

AND GET YOUR FATHER'S GUN

AND SHOOT THE POMPEY SCUM

AND SUPPORT THE SAINTS.

WE HATE POMPEY

WE HATE POMPEY

WE HATE POMPEY

Ahem, pardon me, don't know what came over me. Must have been the future echoes of Pompey being hammered 8-0 at St. Mary's by SUPER CHRISSY MARSDEN. Fear him, Pompey fans.

I'm going to be starting a premiership thread next year. OH YEAH!!

I'll be starting it in April ;)

Guest nl5xsk1

Can you guys recommend anywhere on the web where a uneducated American can search out information about any of these teams? I enjoyed listening to some of the shit-talking while I lived in England but I didn't stay there long enough to gain any strong allegiances to a team. I figure if I can find a team to root for (and some to root against) then I'll be able to follow the leagues more easily.

Guest welshjerichomark
Can you guys recommend anywhere on the web where a uneducated American can search out information about any of these teams? I enjoyed listening to some of the shit-talking while I lived in England but I didn't stay there long enough to gain any strong allegiances to a team. I figure if I can find a team to root for (and some to root against) then I'll be able to follow the leagues more easily.

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/football/

As for teams, Cardiff City is the way forward my friend.

Guest redbaron51

I have so much confidence that Chelsea would be in division one next year.

Guest redbaron51

true that, but we lost Zola.

and Hasselbank wants to go play in Holland.

Guest Mystery Eskimo
As a Nottingham Forest fan

*boooooooooooooooooooooo*

You're goin down pal.

:lol:

Playoff semi finals last season...where did you finish again? :P

Guest caboose

WHAT AN IDEA FOR A THREAD!

Come on Derby County! We can't let Leicester stay in the Premiership without us for too long.

Seriously though, Derby are gonna struggle this year, the money just isn't there, and last season's final squad just didn't have it. I miss Malcolm Christie...

WHAT AN IDEA FOR A THREAD!

Come on Derby County! We can't let Leicester stay in the Premiership without us for too long.

Seriously though, Derby are gonna struggle this year, the money just isn't there, and last season's final squad just didn't have it. I miss Malcolm Christie...

Thank god, another Derby fan!

*was feeling lonely surrounded by Forest and Cardiff fans*

Christie just wasn't doing it last year man, look out for the guy on the back of my last years derby shirt (im not getting the new one, its IDENTICAL to last year) by the name of Lee Morris (although he was injured when GB came in, he wouldnt be so stupid as to not play him..)

Next match by the way is tomorrow night against Ajax at PP, i live about 200 feet from PP and i cant go :P

Guest caboose

Yeah but Christie was still that guy who could make shit happen when we needed. Morris looks good but I'd be happy with mid-table this season.

I've never actually been to Pride Park. I've been to the old Baseball ground a few dozen times, but for whatever reason i just haven't found my way to Pride Park, maybe cos my dad's a Leicester fan and he doesn't want to sit with the Rams...

You should come check it out this season dude, I miss the BBG granted, but Pride Park is amazing, even after the 6 years or so we've been there, it still takes your breath away when you step foot in it... coincidently, the pitch is a couple of miles better than the BBG pitch!!

Guest Mystery Eskimo

The Baseball Ground was such a weird name for a football stadium.

It always reminds me of Arthur Cox and Paul Goddard.

So who does everyone pick to go up/down? I'm thinking West Ham *should* run away with the title...

Guest caboose

I'll save my predictions for later on, the First Division is so chaotic anything could and will happen. I still remember the 95/96 season when Crystal Palace were in the relegation Zone at New Year, but only just missed out on an automaic spot into the Premiership on the last day of the season... (They lost out to Derby).

I'll save my predictions for later on, the First Division is so chaotic anything could and will happen. I still remember the 95/96 season when Crystal Palace were in the relegation Zone at New Year, but only just missed out on an automaic spot into the Premiership on the last day of the season... (They lost out to Derby).

*remembers goals from Van Der Laan and Sturridge and shouts...*

I WAS THERE~!

Guest Anorak

One of the most interesting things in div 1 this season will be seeing how West Ham do, with the transfer market as it is they still have nearly all their better players there still although for how long is anybody's guess. I hope the fact that Cardiff, West Ham and Millwall are playing in the same division won't lead any big violence. There's plenty of other teams in that division with a hooligan following as well though for that matter. As for the new teams this year I expect Wigan to manage to stay up, Sunderland to stay down and West Brom to make the playoffs.

A big relegation battle or bottom half finish for Derby (Palace have a certain striker for sale) and no promotion yet again for Forest.

And Leicester City to somehow stay up in the premier of course. C'mon Mikey Adams!

Guest Anorak

Do you know what would be really great?

A pinned 'Soccer' thread to let any UK/European posters contribute something to this folder on a regular basis. There seems to be quite a few fans on here and i'd be a willing postwhore as well. I'm sure one pinned thread could cover all football talk from UK/European/International stuff etc.

Anybody??

One of the most interesting things in div 1 this season will be seeing how West Ham do, with the transfer market as it is they still have nearly all their better players there still although for how long is anybody's guess. I hope the fact that Cardiff, West Ham and Millwall are playing in the same division won't lead any big violence. There's plenty of other teams in that division with a hooligan following as well though for that matter. As for the new teams this year I expect Wigan to manage to stay up, Sunderland to stay down and West Brom to make the playoffs.

A big relegation battle or bottom half finish for Derby (Palace have a certain striker for sale) and no promotion yet again for Forest.

And Leicester City to somehow stay up in the premier of course. C'mon Mikey Adams!

You're a Leicester fan aren't you!

I can't see Derby struggling again this year, Gregory has gone and Burley has come in, and things seem to be taking shape (he says after last week's 5-0 loss to Shrewsbury)

Watch This Space.

Up the rams.

Guest welshjerichomark
I hope the fact that Cardiff, West Ham and Millwall are playing in the same division won't lead any big violence. There's plenty of other teams in that division with a hooligan following as well though for that matter.

That's a bit of a concern, i reckon it's going to be bad this year. It's a sad fact a lot of Cardiff supporters prefer fighting to football. Damn Soul Crew.

Ps. Franchise i just e-mailed you.

Guest Mystery Eskimo
Do you know what would be really great?

A pinned 'Soccer' thread to let any UK/European posters contribute something to this folder on a regular basis. There seems to be quite a few fans on here and i'd be a willing postwhore as well. I'm sure one pinned thread could cover all football talk from UK/European/International stuff etc.

Anybody??

That would be cool. So long as no Arsenal or Manyoo fans try and sneak in.

My Div One predictions, due to be laughed at in August 2004:

Title: West Ham

Runners Up: Ipswich

Play offs: West Brom, Forest (I'm optimistic), Sheff Utd and Reading

Relegated: Sunderland (Hopefully, for comedy value) Crewe and Wigan.

Anyone else?

lol@sunderland, that would be gold right there.

I hate going to The Den at Millwall, its always a mess there (i still go though, lol)

Looking forward to going to Cardiff next season though (cant go this season since it's on a bank holiday monday) (i'm sure we'll meet up again in the premier. or the second. ;)

WJM: i got it ;)