TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Guest Insane Bump Machine

If it's pinned you should change the title though.

I'd love to talk about the next Champion's League season here, GO BAYERN! :wub:

bah@German football.

GERMANY 1 ENGLAND 5

sorry, i can never resist a chance to put that in.

go suck a dick :P

Nah, I can take it. It's not like England was in the last World Cup final or anything.

Next match by the way is tomorrow night against Ajax at PP, i live about 200 feet from PP and i cant go :P

Full Time:

Derby County 2 Ajax 2

Ajax got a late goal! Derby took it to the European Cup quarter finalists, i cant wait for the new season!`

Forgot to add something:

three days ago the Glasgow Rangers came to visit our local 2nd division team SSV Jahn Regensburg (who just advanced from the 3rd division) for a friendly and lost 2-1. I was there, great experience. Rangers suck. :D

Guest monkey

Back to the topic, I support Ipswich and whoever said they are going to finish second I say thank you but we have lost too many players and seem to lack the motivation to get promoted. last season if we had turned around one or two results we would have been in the play offs. And it does seem odd how many people on this board support first division football teams.

Back to the topic, I support Ipswich and whoever said they are going to finish second I say thank you but we have lost too many players and seem to lack the motivation to get promoted. last season if we had turned around one or two results we would have been in the play offs. And it does seem odd how many people on this board support first division football teams.

You shouldn't have sacked Burley, just because you were going through a bad patch, it doesn't mean you have to make such a drastic change.

You will see next season that Ipswich's loss will undoubtadly be Derby's gain.

I think it is odd that there are TWO Derby fans!

Guest welshjerichomark
I think it is odd that there are TWO Derby fans!

Odd? it's shocking. I'd never met a Derby fan in my life before coming here. :P

Guest Anorak
And it does seem odd how many people on this board support first division football teams.

I dont.

Well, for one season at least.

Division One is old news, my friends.

This year, for one year only, its all about THE PREMIERSHIP BABY~!

A year for the mighty Pompey to mix with the best teams in the country. And lose.

There better be one of these threads next year...

WASH YOUR MOUTH WITH SOAP

AND GET YOUR FATHER'S GUN

AND SHOOT THE POMPEY SCUM

AND SUPPORT THE SAINTS.

WE HATE POMPEY

WE HATE POMPEY

WE HATE POMPEY

Ahem, pardon me, don't know what came over me. Must have been the future echoes of Pompey being hammered 8-0 at St. Mary's by SUPER CHRISSY MARSDEN. Fear him, Pompey fans.

Are you an actual Saints fan, or just pretending to be retarded...

As for pompey in the premiership, this is how our pre-season is going:

Bournemouth 5 Pompey 4

Swindon 2 Pompey 2

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HERE WE COME BABY~!!!!

Guest caboose

Bump~! Lets keep this thread going.

Start of the season two weeks away!

Guest The Hamburglar

Proud actual Saints fan. You must pardon my boorish chanting, its just that that particular ditty has been burned into my head by the Saints faithful singing it at every single fucking home match for the last 8 sodding years. I always wondered what the point was personally, seeing as Pompey were in a completely different division the whole time. Now though....well, the flame of rivalry is kindling. Don't take it personally if I start gibbering about skates chave, the mob mentality is a little bit too much for me.

Now that that's cleared up...Some of you may have heard Saints have the opportunity to buy Real Sociedad winger Javi De Pedro. He's available for an average wage and a measly 3 million Euro, which of course can be funded by our recent Bridge transfer. De Pedro was one of the best players in La Liga last season and was one of the central contributor's to Sociedad's amazingly successful season which ended with them only just being beaten to the title by Real Madrid on the last day. de Pedro had more assists than any other player in La Liga last season and is probably one of the best crossers of the ball in Europe. In other words, a fucking bargain at 3 million. So naturally, our esteemed chairman Rupert Lowe is haggling over the deal, trying to get the price down to insane levels and ever-decreasing the likelihood of Saints landing the player. Its enough to make me weep.

Guest Anorak

We just got finished buying a brand new squad at Leicester, a good half of them 1 year deals for 30+ year olds. I wonder if any of the predictions place us as high as 19th? Last time we went up everybody wrote us off but Martin O'Neil had put a useful squad together by the end of that promotion season (1995/96) but this time i'm not as cautiously optimistic.

Since you like Father Ted i'll let the Leicester fan-age go this time... I dont know how you'll fare mate, being in division one, i haven't followed the premiership lately....................... Who knows, you might be playing Derby next season, just dont know in what division :)

Guest Anorak

I don't think Derby will be going anywhere this season but at least now Gregory has gone you can look forward to the future a bit more. Burley's capable of fashioning a team with a nice blend of youth and experience (Taylor will be an invaluable old head in a youthful squad for example alongside a couple of others) and i'd back him to do a steady job next season.

Just got my Barcelona tickets, I guess I get to see a player Man Utd fans won't see in the flesh this season.

Proud actual Saints fan. You must pardon my boorish chanting, its just that that particular ditty has been burned into my head by the Saints faithful singing it at every single fucking home match for the last 8 sodding years. I always wondered what the point was personally, seeing as Pompey were in a completely different division the whole time. Now though....well, the flame of rivalry is kindling. Don't take it personally if I start gibbering about skates chave, the mob mentality is a little bit too much for me.

Yeah, that's cool. I don't think anyone actually takes that rivalry seriously, although I live around the corner from Fratton Park (literally, I walk out my house, turn the corner and I can see the main Frogmore Road entrance) so when we play down here, I may have to board the windows up just in case...

Anyway, we're gonna stay up, you're gonna get relegated. Despite the fact that Redknapp has lost out on every young player he's tried to sign, and has just got Teddy Sheringham. And the fact that you've got one of the best strikers in the division.

Hell all I want this season is a win over the scum. No offence....

We just got finished buying a brand new squad at Leicester, a good half of them 1 year deals for 30+ year olds. I wonder if any of the predictions place us as high as 19th? Last time we went up everybody wrote us off but Martin O'Neil had put a useful squad together by the end of that promotion season (1995/96) but this time i'm not as cautiously optimistic.

I get the feeling you'll finish above us. But that wont be hard.

I don't think Derby will be going anywhere this season but at least now Gregory has gone you can look forward to the future a bit more. Burley's capable of fashioning a team with a nice blend of youth and experience (Taylor will be an invaluable old head in a youthful squad for example alongside a couple of others) and i'd back him to do a steady job next season.

Just got my Barcelona tickets, I guess I get to see a player Man Utd fans won't see in the flesh this season.

That Tayor role was covered last season by Burley JR and Rob Lee.... and Lee was useless.

Guest caboose

I'm going to that match as well.

Look out for the Indian guy cheering loudly for Barcelona in the away fans stand, that'll be me... :lol:

Guest The Hamburglar

Man U not getting Ronaldinho was careless. However, if they proceed to sell Veron and not bring in another striker and/or creative player then careless becomes overconfident and retarded. Don't they release that if Van Nistelrooy gets injured they are utterly, utterly screwed? I mean, obviously it would be tremendously funny, but still. They seem to have forgotten that Giggs was terrible for three quarters of last season, Keane was either injured or shite and Forlan is, well, crap. the entire burden of Man U's attacking play could end up falling on Paul Scholes, and good as he is, he can't win a championship on his own. What with Arsenal's squad looking slightly shite also, this could finally be a season with some real change at the top. I'm going for Chelsea to win it as long as they bring in a good striker, as to me Chelsea will start the season with probably the strongest squad. Man U and Arsenal may have better first XIs, but as we all know over the course of a whole season that doesn't mean shit if you end up being forced to play Pascal Cygan or Phil Neville in defence.