TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

SCARFACE: 20th Anniversary Edition!!!

RESPECT THE FAMILY… CHICO

I know that’s (nearly) a quote from the wrong movie, and there’s a good reason for that. Well, it’s really more embarrassing than good. Y’see, I’ve never… seen… Scarface. Worse than that? I’ve never seen The Godfather. ANY OF THEM. My only knowledge of Scarface is Razor Ramon’s accent, and all I know about The Godfather is that Charles Berkley was in it (which is a referential joke, for those that think I’ve gone nuts). I know all of the above is likely to get me fired by Dames. That said, Universal have announced the specs for their Scarface: Anniversary Edition due to street on September 30th, and I would like to cut and paste them here for your enjoyment.

The disc will be available in tasty, minty-fresh anamorphic and nasty, worm-ridden fullscreen flavours with DTS and 5.1 audio. You’ll find the featurettes ‘The Rebirth of Scarface’ and ‘Acting Scarface’, a comparison between the R-rated cut and TV broadcast version, and a feature so bizarre I can do it justice only by reprinting its description word for word: “Interview footage presented by Def Jam featuring today's hottest music stars commenting on how Scarface has influenced their life and music.” Umm… okay. You also get trailers and spots, naturally.

But that’s not all, my friend.

You can also pick up – for an undisclosed number of pennies more – the Scarface Deluxe Gift Set. This bad boy includes the Anniversary Edition DVD, a set of collectible lobby cards, “Tony Montana's Gold Monogrammed Money Clip” (WTF?!?), and Scarface: The Original 1932 Version DVD. So there’s TWO versions? Either that or Al Pacino played a really unique version of Scarface in 1932.

This was taken from Jay Spree's DVD update on the main site.

All I have to say is...

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT! I MUST PURCHASE.

I MUST PURCHASE!!!!

Dames

Guest Nevermortal

Bleh. No director's commentary?

But a money clip....hmmm....

Guest Crucifixio Jones

What's this? The 14th thread started about this movie since it was announced a new 10th Anniversary Edition was being released?

I know people mark for the movie but goddamn. We know it's coming, we know you're buying it. Great.

Guest Eagan469

I saw Scarface (1983) for the first time a few weeks back. I loved it.

I'll be sure to pick this up.

Guest Human Fly

DVDfile.com says that the deluxe gift set will retail for $59.95, and they had this picture:

scarface_dgs.jpg

Guest JangoFett4Hire

I hope Dames makes a big a deal when the special limited edition of the 10th anniversary of Half Baked comes out...

Yo, tha guy? Did you kill my dog?

Guest godthedog

most of those features suck.

but if they're packaging this with the original howard hawks 'scarface'...that's gold.

Guest BAR

I might pick it up if the price is right here in the UK. Or, I could just pick up the original DVD as I've got it on VHS.

Guest Choken One

Why Do I have the feeling We're going hear about people stealing the DVD just for the friggen Money clip?

Guest Crucifixio Jones
It might be the 14th thread about it, but the first with an actual release date and specs.

Well, it might be the first time YOU have seen the actual release date or specs but don't assume it's that way for EVERYONE.

The case looks pretty damn SWANK; of course, I'm gettin' it.

The release date and specs were just released....and I haven't seen it posted anywhere else. Considering this is the forum I scour the most and my adoration for everything Scarface, I'm sure that I would have seen something on it.

Dames

Guest Crucifixio Jones

They weren't posted HERE, but Best Buy.com amongst other places have always had the release date as far back as when it was first announced.

Like I said...this is the first thread HERE with the actual specs and release date for it. I don't generally go to Best Buy.com or Amazon, etc.

I hadn't seen it til just now.

Dames

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Why Do I have the feeling We're going hear about people stealing the DVD just for the friggen Money clip?

STREET CRED?

Guest evenflowDDT

Is the 1932 Scarface going to retail separately, or just be available in the box set? Because I've got no money to clip, but I'd be interested in seeing that one and comparing it to the 1980, erm, "remake"?

Guest ShamRock

I'm probably gonna purchase this since I've heard good things about it. It should've gotten the 2-disc treatment though.