TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Retro Rob

1997 MOTY

Guest Agent of Oblivion

They recombined it and Misawa/Kobashi from 1/20 wasn't even the top FIVE? Fuck you RSPW...

Guest La Parka Es Mi Papa

Beleive it ot not, I've only seen Hart/Austin out of those three, but it rocks my fucking socks, and I can't imagine Rey/Eddie or Michaels/Taker beating it.

Guest Ingram Paladin
Beleive it ot not, I've only seen Hart/Austin out of those three, but it rocks my fucking socks, and I can't imagine Rey/Eddie or Michaels/Taker beating it.

Guerrero/Mysterio does. Trust me.

Guest alfdogg

I've never seen Rey-Eddie in its entirety, but sadly I can't see myself enjoying it more than I enjoy and still do enjoy Hart-Austin.

And I agree with HartFan86. The 10-man may not have been a classic from a technical standpoint, but the crowd heat was greater than I've ever seen for a match, and that's what makes it so enjoyable for me. Rock-Hogan and Rock-Austin from WMX7 are the only ones I can think of right now that can rival the heat for that match.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

10 man tag on Raw in early 2000. Rock, Foley and pals vs. evil motivated HHH and pals.

Same formula done infinitely better.

Yeah, but that was 2000...so no one gives a shit because we are talking about 1997 and that match didn't even happen yet.

Just because there was a better match 3 years later still shouldn't take the fact the 10 Man Canadian Stampede match was pretty damn good for 1997 standards.

Guest two_tuff_toddy

"Just because there was a better match 3 years later still shouldn't take the fact the 10 Man Canadian Stampede match was pretty damn good for 1997 standards"

Saying a match is good for 97 standards when 97 standards sucked other than a few notible exceptions does not make it good. I have to agree with AoO that the 00 match was light years better and also had pretty intense growd heat.

As for moty, I would say it's Misawa/Kobashi 1/20/97 by a landslide as it is the 2nd best match ever in my opinion. If your just talking NA though I would say Rey-Eddy followed by Austin-Hart.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Yeah, but that was 2000...so no one gives a shit because we are talking about 1997 and that match didn't even happen yet.

Just because there was a better match 3 years later still shouldn't take the fact the 10 Man Canadian Stampede match was pretty damn good for 1997 standards.

The time period isn't the point I was trying to make. I'm saying that 10 wrestlers on similar stages of the roster, with a similar feud, under nearly the same circumstances completely killed that match. Rating a match against similar matches is a necessity to me. There's no sense in looking at something without any context.

Hell, I don't think the CS 10 man is even the best match on the card, let alone the year.

The match was fluff with story and noise..that's it.

I LOVE the CS 10 man but it's not MOTY. Although I'd agree with HartFan on it being my personal MOTY(favorite match ever actually).

I've never seen Rey/Eddie in its entirety and I find Bret/Austin inferior to Survivor Series. HBK/Taker is overrated, period.

Other matches that I'd rank right up there with HBK/Taker and Bret/Austin is the Final 4 match and Taka/Sasuke from CS.

Meh I guess Bret/Austin but it's inferior to Survivor Series(the CLEAR 1996 NA MOTY).