TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Retro Rob

Raw Rating Details

Guest Retro Rob
As reported earlier, RAW did a 4.2 rating this week off hours of 4.0 and 4.4. The 4.2 is the highest rating for the show in awhile.

The first hour did 4.0's for each quarter hour expect one which did a 4.1.

The Shawn Michaels/Chris Jericho match started off hour two with a 4.3 and rose to a 4.6 for the second half of the match. The next segment dropped to a 4.4 and then a 4.2 before finally popping to a 5.2 for the Kane/RVD overrrun.

The numbers indicate above average interest in the Shawn Michaels/Chris Jericho match, as well as the Kane storyline.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

As usual 1bob is wrong AGAIN. The Kane storyline actually did not bring in a lot of new viewers as Meltzer revealed. It wasn't until 11:00, when all the other shows ended that the ratings went up because people generally switch just to catch the overrun. The fact that Kane was a part of it was just a formality.

Nice to see that the real draw of the night was an actual match and a long (albeit not so great) one at that.

Guest Eagan469

wrestling is the most popular thing on a show about wrestling?

go figure!

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I bet people were pissed off with the 1 minute over run. Normally they get 5 or 6 minutes. Thats gonna cost em for next weeks over run.

Guest CanadianChick

Glad to see the HBK/Jericho match got a good rating. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It wasn't as good as WM XIX, but still very good.

Guest Retro Rob
People could have easily changed the channel if they didn't like what was on the overrun, so shutup.

Within the two minutes that the overrun lasted? If it was the usual 8 minutes I would agree, but not two.

Guest Morality Check

Since when does it take two whole minutes to press either "up" or "down" on your remote?

Guest Anglesault
Since when does it take two whole minutes to press either "up" or "down" on your remote?

It takes about that to really get into the program

Guest Jobber of the Week
wrestling is the most popular thing on a show about wrestling?

go figure!

I really doubt that. I think what it is is that they advertised this stuff one or two weeks ahead of time and delivered more or less.

I guarantee you promos and sportz entertainment is more likely to draw huge ass ratings that a huge-ass congolmo like that WWE needs to stay at it's current size than an actual wrestling show will.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
HBK=Ratings

If that was true then he wouldn't tank the ratings every time he gets the title put on him.

If you ask me, saying that RVD/Kane did bad ratings is really poor logic. Sure, the overrun only ran two minutes, but the whole match only lasted four minutes. You can't expect the two minutes when RVD and Kane were out there to affect the whole last quarter hour. I think it's a lot more likely that people tuned in to see what Kane would do then that over a million people just happened to tune into Raw at the hour while they were flipping channels.

People like the Kane storyline, but because Wade Keller has made editorials against it, he uses every opportunity to try to discredit it, even when he's "reporting news."

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620
HBK=Ratings

If that was true then he wouldn't tank the ratings every time he gets the title put on him.

It's not Shawn's fault the overall product sucked while he was champ. The champion is not always the one to blame.

Guest Mulatto Heat

??

So I guess that if things did improve back in 1996 or late 2002, all the credit would have gone to Michaels by his fanbase. We all know it.

Alrighty then.

??

So I guess that if things did improve back in 1996 or late 2002, all the credit would have gone to Michaels by his fanbase. We all know it.

Alrighty then.

This isn't a one sided thing. The main eventers do alot of drawing, but so does the rest of the card. People don't pay 40 bucks for one match. To place blame on an individual just isn't fair.

Guest Coffey
??

Alrighty then.

This isn't a one sided thing. The main eventers do alot of drawing, but so does the rest of the card. People don't pay 40 bucks for one match. To place blame on an individual just isn't fair.

Everyone I know got Wrestlemania III & Wrestlemania VI just for one match...

Guest Choken One

Throw in WM5 and WM12 INTO that list Of one match selling the PPV (Manias)

We could Delve into it and use examples for all ppvs.

Guest Deviant

I'm also glad that HBK/Y2J rated well, it shows that people do like good wrestling(because it's not as if the angle itself was even there, the build up was comprised of "HBK vs Jericho, WM rematch next week"). People clearly liked WM's great wrestling match and clearly enjoyed the old-school style rematch. Of course, this fact, even with numbers to prove it, will not reduce the sheer amount of time given to utter crap on a weekly basis.

Guest Choken One

What Crap? Goldberg had like 2 minutes and nicely set up his match for Slam..

Steiner and Test segments had Stacy's Ass to balance it out...

Le Resistance were no where to be found...

Orton was there but I was too busy watching Warrior...

Where was the utter crap this week?

Guest Mulatto Heat
??

Alrighty then.

Then to place praise on just one individual isn't fair to the rest of the card, either.

I'll remember this.

??

Alrighty then.

Then to place praise on just one individual isn't fair to the rest of the card, either.

I'll remember this.

That was my point. You can't but blame or praise on an individual. I thought that was evident.

Rob, I wouldn't say that the Kane storyline isn't helping at all. Normally, the overrun never gets that high. When was the last time it was above a 5?

Do you really think that people started flocking in droves for Stripperella?

Dames

Guest Retro Rob
Rob, I wouldn't say that the Kane storyline isn't helping at all. Normally, the overrun never gets that high. When was the last time it was above a 5?

Do you really think that people started flocking in droves for Stripperella?

Dames

The show had a large amount of viewers throughout the entire night. Generally once these viewers leave to watch something else (after HBK-Y2J) they don't comeback until their show ends at 11:00. Every week the overrun gets quite a higher rating than any of the segments, so this is nothing out of the ordinary. Also, it would have been interesting to see how that number flucuated had the overrun last its usual 8 minutes.

Well, we'll have to see the numbers this week for the Kane segments to fairly see if people like what's going on.

The bottom line is that Raw had more viewers than usual and their overrun hasn't been this high in quite some time.

Dames

Guest Choken One

Since the fans are becoming programmed "Hey Turn to Raw at 10:50 to see what Kane does"...

WWE needs to test out if that is true to Rob's idea that they just turning to Raw at the over run because it's the "closer/cliffhanger" or because of kane...