TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr.Negativity

"Green" Grenier the jerk?

Guest Mr.Negativity

I continue to hear that when guys' contracts come up for renewal, they are lucky to get any kind of raise on their downside guarantee. At this point in time, the general feeling is that if a guy can get any kind of raise when it comes time to do a new deal it's something of a victory.

Also, for those wondering, I have heard from a number of people in the company that management realizes that a lot of the talents are not happy with how they are being used and they realize that it's an issue.

I keep hearing that Sylvan Grenier has heat with guys on the Raw roster due to the fact that he has let his quick push go to his head and has said some things that have rubbed his cohorts the wrong way. Grenier, who is something of a find and protégé of Pat Patterson, got the quick push to tag champion largely due to the fact that he is French Canadian and WWE needed two French speaking guys to do the La Resistance gimmick at a time when the company wanted to capitalize on anti-French sentiment in the US. Obviously, it also didn't hurt that he had Patterson in his corner. At a recent house show, Grenier messed up a few spots in a match with the Dudley Boys and Bubba receipted him with a few stiff shots in the ring. When they got backstage, Grenier told Bubba he was out of line in the ring and Bubba gave him a smack and basically tried to educate him a little bit on how respect works in the business. From what I heard, Bubba wasn't really disciplined. Instead, Johnny Ace told him that they can't have those kinds of incidents. The general feeling in the back was Bubba did the right thing in trying to educate a guy who is obviously very green to the business. As for Rene Dupree, I have heard that he basically does what he is supposed to do and doesn't tick anyone off.

Credit: 1Wrestling

Interesting, I've heard of him being rude to fans too!

Guest Super Pissed Smark
Grenier, who is something of a find and protégé of Pat Patterson

Is that what they're calling it now.

:lol:

Guest CronoT
Grenier, who is something of a find and protégé of Pat Patterson

Is that what they're calling it now.

:lol:

He has a point; when did protege come to mean ass kisser and brown noser?

Guest Lord of The Curry

I'll just say this: If Grenier's nose is brown, he's much more then a protege.

Crono- I don't think you *got* SPS's joke.

Guest vincecima
At a recent house show, Grenier messed up a few spots in a match with the Dudley Boys and Bubba receipted him with a few stiff shots in the ring. When they got backstage, Grenier told Bubba he was out of line in the ring and Bubba gave him a smack and basically tried to educate him a little bit on how respect works in the business.

Why is that ok in the wrestling biz. Grenier makes mistakes, and its ok for Bubba to start wailing on him. In a industry fueled by violoence already, I think something like this is way out of line. No matter how you feel about respect, you can't possibly say that Bubba's actions were anything but thuggish.

Guest Showstoppa Icon
I'll just say this: If Grenier's nose is brown, he's much more then a protege.

Crono- I don't think you *got* SPS's joke.

yes, i think he meant more along the lines of "partner in life" than "brown-noser"

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

La Resistance are worlds apart individually for their respect for the business.

Grenier was told to get into the business by Patterson (I doubt he has any real passion for it) whereas Dupree's father ran a promotion in Montreal and has grown up around the business.

I imagine this shows in their attitude backstage.

Guest Goodear

Of for the love of Jesus jones, WHO FUCKING CARES how much fucking love these guys have for the business? They both suck and got pushed way too hard. And the fact of the matter was that three weeks ago, Dupree was the one who was reported as being Pat's love monkey. Of course, now that Grenier is 'causing trouble' it all gets switched around cause omg, LETS HATE GAY PEOPLE.

Guest bob_barron
Of for the love of Jesus jones, WHO FUCKING CARES how much fucking love these guys have for the business? They both suck and got pushed way too hard. And the fact of the matter was that three weeks ago, Dupree was the one who was reported as being Pat's love monkey. Of course, now that Grenier is 'causing trouble' it all gets switched around cause omg, LETS HATE GAY PEOPLE.

Grenier has been Patterson's lover for a while. Not Dupree.

Guest Retro Rob

After all these years in the WW(W)F/E wouldn't you have thought Patterson would have found someone to go steady with?

This is a topic about their attitude backstage - not their ability in the ring, right?

Guest Retro Rob
This is a topic about their attitude backstage - not their ability in the ring, right?

Both. Grenier blew spots in the ring and got pissed when Bubba stiffed him a little which resulted in a backstage altercation.

Guest Dynamite Kido

It was wrong for Bubba to act that way?

But it was alright for Holly to kick the shit out of a Tough Enough kid for no reason though, huh?

WTF?

Guest AndrewTS

For those confused:

Grenier: buddy/protege of Patterson, screwed over Hogan as the French-Can ref.

Dupree's the 19 year old kid along for the ride.

And the biz works like this--you stiff some one, they have the right to stiff you back, then you move on with the match. However, blowing spots is a little different--that seems a bit much.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

I wish I could just wail on somebody that messed up at my work. I work at Little Caesars. I walk into work and somebody has made the wrong pizza so I pound the fuck out of him for it. Gee...I wish life was like that.

Lets not forget that Bubba is said to be quite anal about things that happen in the ring.

I remember reading about him throwing a fit baskstage once when someone they 3D'd didn't break the table.

Guest razazteca

Just setup a match of La Resistence vs RVD & Bubba on Heat already. If Grenier misses a spot again then RVD can give him his trademark kick to the head and Bubba can finish him off with a Bionic Elbow.

Guest CronoT
Just setup a match of La Resistence vs RVD & Bubba on Heat already. If Grenier misses a spot again then RVD can give him his trademark kick to the head and Bubba can finish him off with a Bionic Elbow.

No, VanDaminator followed by a VanTerminator. Then, a table shot from Bubba.

Guest razazteca

Well if La Res got Bubba Dudley angry at them then who the hell are they going to feud with now? Spike or Hurricane and mystery partner?

The tag division is dead as it is WWE might as well just have the tag belts defended as the Heat championship. As noone watches it nor cares.

I wish I could just wail on somebody that messed up at my work. I work at Little Caesars. I walk into work and somebody has made the wrong pizza so I pound the fuck out of him for it. Gee...I wish life was like that.

Wow, I had no clue they still had those around....

and besides, a mistake in the food industry means eats for all the workers for FREE!!! I'm all about fucking up orders. But I love going off on people who fuck up..... I really don't care if I get fired or not.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

The only people allowed to make pizzas at my work are Managers. So if it's messed up we really can't yell at them.

Guest Imarkout4chrisdaniels

I saw Grenier (before I knew his name) in Seattle during Wrestlemania weekend. He was holding hands with a gorgeous girl the every time I saw him checking out the sites. They were both with Patterson when I talked to him at Pike's Place Market, and Grenier and the girl walked on checking things out while Patterson talked to me and my buddy. I don't think Grenier is Pat's lover. Now, I have no clue if he did Pat any favors to help cement his job, but we really don't know that about any wrestler, now do we?

Guest The Czech Republic

I think everyone just says one of the La Res guys is Patterson's gay lover is because the joke is easily set up and we don't like La Res here.

"It's Not Easy Being Green" applies to the team in more ways than one!

Guest FeArHaVoC

I still have no idea which one is which. These look a like tag teams are pissing me off. First 3MW, then The Frenchies and then the Basham(sp?) brothers. I have don't have enough interest in these lame duck tag teams.

Guest AndrewTS
I still have no idea which one is which. These look a like tag teams are pissing me off. First 3MW, then The Frenchies and then the Basham(sp?) brothers. I have don't have enough interest in these lame duck tag teams.

3MW is easy. Jamal was the fat one and Rosie was the fatter one.

Now it's even easier. Rosie is the one with a job, and Jamal isn't.

I can't tell the Bashams or Frenchies apart either, though.

I like The Bashams in-ring work - pretty crisp imo.

But...they are the most generic tag team I have ever seen. So far:

1) We have no explanation why they are in WWE

2) Why on earth Linda Miles (or whatever they call her now) is with them

3) Whether they are heels or faces (storyline wise, its obvious from how they wrestle though)

Etc. etc.

Guest The Czech Republic

Doug Basham has a taller head than Danny does. Danny looks a little like Crash.

I just now figured out thatSylvan is the blond-ish shorter one and Rene is taller and more ripped. I hate those pants though.